What do YOU have?

stargoddess81stargoddess81 Posts: 23
Here's my stuff...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMTheWall.jpg
Okie dokie...left to right...
Fender Deluxe Player's Edition Stratocaster; Ibanez Artcore AWD82T; Ibanez SZ520QM (duncan pickups, and strings through the body...kicks ass)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMbrwall.jpg
Left to Right...
Epiphone SG series (guitar I've had the longest), the antique Kay guitar my father in law gave me (can't beat a freebie), Fender Squier P-Bass, Washburn D100 acoustic

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMlp.jpg
My Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty (three pickups), and my Pearl Jam Shrine :)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMamp.jpg
My Crate Amp (GT1200H & G412SL Half stack)

I've also got a Peavy amp, and a POS Johnson practice amp...not really worthy of posting pics of.
"I don't need drugs; life is tragic enough."
"If you love someone, let them go...if someone loves you, don't fuck up."

~Julie
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Mmm, toys.

I don't have pictures of my setup unfortunately, but there was another thread around here with people listing their gear.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=156291

My stuff is on there.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    will you sell me that Kay please?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    will you sell me that Kay please?

It could use some work on it...the neck is slightly bowing in, so the strings don't hit right, and the frets are slightly worn (it's still functionable though, and there's some dings here and there)...if you still want it, give me an offer (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jhefner@quality-processes.org">jhefner@quality-processes.org</a><!-- e -->)

~Julie
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://brehell.ca/greg/pics/studio.jpg

everything except my pedal collection is in that composite.
    Hey what is that little DI hooked to on top of the DR Greg?

nice nice, combos by the way.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    it's a ground loop isolator to kill the hum when both amps are hooked up to the stereo outs of my reverb. an APEX A1B1, also known as the ART cleanbox.

it's not hooked up in that picture though. normally, i run the left output from the verbzilla direct to the orange. then the right output through the isolator, into the fender.
    ah, makes sense. I guess it's got some XLR ins and outs too if you use it in a DI ap.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    ah, makes sense. I guess it's got some XLR ins and outs too if you use it in a DI ap.

yeah, i don't think it's actually meant for guitar signals but because the output from the reverb (and the DL4 when it's in buffered mode) is low impedance, it works.
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i don't think it's actually meant for guitar signals but because the output from the reverb (and the DL4 when it's in buffered mode) is low impedance, it works.

yeah, my DL4 is still sadly sitting in the box under my amp stand waiting to be reconnected. I need some better cables, and before that I have to get this amp some new tubes. Tubes are the priority at the moment.
    i just got my mitts on another expression pedal for mine. good times.
  • exhausted wrote:
    http://brehell.ca/greg/pics/studio.jpg

everything except my pedal collection is in that composite.

HOLY SHIT! What are you a one man band? The only thing I don't see is a drum kit but I guess you get that with some studio software....I have to say a very nice set up. I only hope to one day have half the equipment you have! Especially the Orange Amp...I want one so bad!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    exhausted wrote:
    i just got my mitts on another expression pedal for mine. good times.

That good huh. I bet it's ill with the sweep echo.

come to think of it, I bet the shannon phaser and the sweep echo if you can get them in sync are redonkulous.

Oh, to stay on topic, I have a Peavy Basic 50 Bass amp, a Fender Ultimate Chorus, an Orange AD15 a Barber Direct Drive, A Shannon Uniphase, line 6 DL4 a BJF Emerald Green Distortion Machine, A Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger, A digitech Digiverb, a Morley Bad Horsie wah A Godlyke Power All A Squire Precision Bass, A 1993 Peavy USA Preadator with gold lace sensor. A 1987 Gibson Les Paul Studio and a 1998ish almost worn out Fender DG22CE oh and a Boss BR532. and, a Grumpy Cockatiel AB switcher with tuner mute and studder switch. I did have some other stuff previously, a Yamaha electric piano very similar to Ex's above Korg, and a Mexican Fender Strat along with another Ibanez Acoustic, oh and I have my Johnson Mandolin and some various harmonicas, trombones etc.
  • Here's my stuff...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMTheWall.jpg
    Okie dokie...left to right...
    Fender Deluxe Player's Edition Stratocaster; Ibanez Artcore AWD82T; Ibanez SZ520QM (duncan pickups, and strings through the body...kicks ass)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMbrwall.jpg
    Left to Right...
    Epiphone SG series (guitar I've had the longest), the antique Kay guitar my father in law gave me (can't beat a freebie), Fender Squier P-Bass, Washburn D100 acoustic

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMlp.jpg
    My Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty (three pickups), and my Pearl Jam Shrine :)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/abstractjello/SMamp.jpg
    My Crate Amp (GT1200H & G412SL Half stack)

I've also got a Peavy amp, and a POS Johnson practice amp...not really worthy of posting pics of.

Nice! I like the way you have the guitars hanging on the wall.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    HOLY SHIT! What are you a one man band? The only thing I don't see is a drum kit but I guess you get that with some studio software....I have to say a very nice set up. I only hope to one day have half the equipment you have! Especially the Orange Amp...I want one so bad!

pretty much. sometimes i make up simple drum loops with software. i just play everything else as best i can.

i have way too much stuff but it's really my only vice and i enjoy it most of the time.
  • I don't have much:

Takamine(sp?) Electric/Acoustic
    Gibson SG Special Faded
    Epiphone Les Paul Classic (getting ready to swap out p/u's with a Seymour Duncan '59 and a Pearly Gates)
    Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n
    Wah Pedal
    Fender Blues Jr. Amp (most recent purchase and I LOVE IT! I will never play a solid state amp again)
    Line 6 Spyder 112 amp (looking to get rid of this ASAP)

That's it.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhausted wrote:
    pretty much. sometimes i make up simple drum loops with software. i just play everything else as best i can.

i have way too much stuff but it's really my only vice and i enjoy it most of the time.

Man I think that is fuckin sweet! I would love to have a set up like that. I hope to one day! I am slowly building up my aresenal!!

I am sure you have posted something before but I would love to hear something you have put together with all that gear!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    I don't have much:

Takamine(sp?) Electric/Acoustic
    Gibson SG Special Faded
    Epiphone Les Paul Classic (getting ready to swap out p/u's with a Seymour Duncan '59 and a Pearly Gates)
    Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n
    Wah Pedal
    Fender Blues Jr. Amp (most recent purchase and I LOVE IT! I will never play a solid state amp again)
    Line 6 Spyder 112 amp (looking to get rid of this ASAP)

That's it.

nice, that's almost like having a marshall preamp to slam the BJ with, how do you like the English Muffin?
    the roster for the hell of it:

amps:
    2001 orange AD15: 1x12" vintage 30
    2000 fender deluxe reverb reissue: 1x12" vintage 30
    line 6 podXT with fxjunkie pack
    line 6 bass podXT

effects:
    ernie ball VPjr.
    boss TU-2 tuner
    vox V848 mccoy
    mxr dynacomp reissue
    boss CE-2 chorus (MIJ black label)
    shannon phaser
    fulltone distortion pro
    diamond drive
    HAO rust booster
    line 6 DL4 (with expression pedal)
    line6 verbzilla
    shannon uniphase
    seymour duncan tweakfuzz
    boss OC-2 octave
    electro harmonix big muff (black russian)
    voodoo lab pedal power 2
    george L and planet waves cables

guitars:
    1995 fender am std strat (duncan lil59 in bridge, fender SCNs at neck/middle, custom wiring)
    1996 fender am std telecaster (lil59 at bridge, duncan vintage stack at neck, custom wiring)
    1996 gibson les paul custom
    2000 rickenbacker 330-12
    2004 gibson SG standard
    1998 morgan concert mahogany w/ baggs i-beam
    2000 taylor 355 12 string w/ baggs i-beam
    2002 larrivee OM-19 california w/ baggs i-beam
    2003 fender standard jazz bass with fender noiseless pickups.

keyboards:
    early 80s yamaha PS35 (i got it when i was 10 i think)
    korg SP300 digital piano
    m-audio oxygen8 midi controller (for use with reason software)

recording:
    a dell running protools LE through an mbox.

the SG is left-handed in naturalburst. pretty rare. the larrivee was a limited edition and they only made a few left-handed i'm told. the morgan has my own blood it in.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice, that's almost like having a marshall preamp to slam the BJ with, how do you like the English Muffin?

Yeah, the few days I have had the Jr., the Muff'n goes nice with it. I actually really like the Muff'n. I had a few pedals before this one that sounded too weak or too processed but this one is nice. If you tweak it just right you can get what you want.

I turn the volume down and the gain up on the Muff'n...keep the master volume a little low on the Jr. and hit the "fat" switch and WOW what a nice warm, fat, yet slightly crunchy sound I get. Man it is pretty sweet. Hell I am not very good but I sure love the way it sounds even if I don't know what the hell I am doing!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhausted wrote:
    the roster for the hell of it:

amps:
    2001 orange AD15: 1x12" vintage 30
    2000 fender deluxe reverb reissue: 1x12" vintage 30
    line 6 podXT with fxjunkie pack
    line 6 bass podXT

effects:
    ernie ball VPjr.
    boss TU-2 tuner
    vox V848 mccoy
    mxr dynacomp reissue
    boss CE-2 chorus (MIJ black label)
    shannon phaser
    fulltone distortion pro
    diamond drive
    HAO rust booster
    line 6 DL4 (with expression pedal)
    line6 verbzilla
    shannon uniphase
    seymour duncan tweakfuzz
    boss OC-2 octave
    electro harmonix mig muff (black russian)
    voodoo lab pedal power 2
    george L and planet waves cables

guitars:
    1995 fender am std strat (duncan lil59 in bridge, fender SCNs at neck/middle)
    1996 fender am std telecaster (lil59 at bridge, duncan vintage stack at neck, 4 way switch)
    1996 gibson les paul custom
    2000 rickenbacker 330-12
    2004 gibson SG standard
    1998 morgan concert mahogany w/ baggs i-beam
    2000 taylor 355 12 string w/ baggs i-beam
    2002 larrivee OM-19 california w/ baggs i-beam
    2003 fender standard jazz bass with fender noiseless pickups.

keyboards:
    early 80s yamaha PS35 (i got it when i was 10 i think)
    korg SP300 digital piano
    m-audio oxygen8 midi controller (for use with reason software)

recording:
    a dell running protools LE through an mbox.

My hats off to you exhausted! I am definitely green with envy (especially the Orange and the Tele)!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    Yeah, the few days I have had the Jr., the Muff'n goes nice with it. I actually really like the Muff'n. I had a few pedals before this one that sounded too weak or too processed but this one is nice. If you tweak it just right you can get what you want.

I turn the volume down and the gain up on the Muff'n...keep the master volume a little low on the Jr. and hit the "fat" switch and WOW what a nice warm, fat, yet slightly crunchy sound I get. Man it is pretty sweet. Hell I am not very good but I sure love the way it sounds even if I don't know what the hell I am doing!

that's what it's all about. If you could turn up the master on the BJ and keep the pre gain volume down at around 3 or so with the reverb off, you'll get that singing fat badass sustain that you will almost cry about when you swap those pups in the LP.
    Man I think that is fuckin sweet! I would love to have a set up like that. I hope to one day! I am slowly building up my aresenal!!

I am sure you have posted something before but I would love to hear something you have put together with all that gear!

they aren't great but whatever. 3 of many. most of the guitars are done with the PODs on these. i can't turn my amps up very much so i tend not to record with them. the "solos" on the last two are just noise. not because i can't play solos. but because i needed noise.

bus stop
    visitors
    air
    My hats off to you exhausted! I am definitely green with envy (especially the Orange and the Tele)!

it's a collection inversely proportional to talent!!! but maybe it'll pay for my kid's university in 18 years.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's what it's all about. If you could turn up the master on the BJ and keep the pre gain volume down at around 3 or so with the reverb off, you'll get that singing fat badass sustain that you will almost cry about when you swap those pups in the LP.

That is what I will do! I hope to get those pups swapped out this weekend!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhausted wrote:
    they aren't great but whatever. 3 of many. most of the guitars are done with the PODs on these. i can't turn my amps up very much so i tend not to record with them. the "solos" on the last two are just noise. not because i can't play solos. but because i needed noise.

bus stop
    visitors
    air

Well I think they are pretty damn good, that's just one man's opinion. I really liked bus stop and that trippy part in air is pretty cool too. I really dig the lyrics and the way you doubled up the vocals in some parts. And the solos, that ain't noise....that is music to my ears. No seriously, very nice, especially as a one man band.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhausted wrote:
    it's a collection inversely proportional to talent!!! but maybe it'll pay for my kid's university in 18 years.

HAHAHA! I hear you....I don't have any kids but I am afraid if they day comes...I might have to lose some of my stuff too!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    HAHAHA! I hear you....I don't have any kids but I am afraid if they day comes...I might have to lose some of my stuff too!

my son was born 3 weeks ago. i bought him a fender mustang right off the bat to give to him when he's 13 or so. he'll likely get all my stuff assuming he wants it. i just plan to expose him to as much musically as i can and if he takes an interest, that's great. i'll give him my ukelele first!
  • exhausted wrote:
    my son was born 3 weeks ago. i bought him a fender mustang right off the bat to give to him when he's 13 or so. he'll likely get all my stuff assuming he wants it. i just plan to expose him to as much musically as i can and if he takes an interest, that's great. i'll give him my ukelele first!

HA...that's what I thought...my daughter is almost 8...When she was first born, she loved the song Smile...I'd have to put the CD on repeat so it would keep playing, and she'd cry in the time it took to get the cd player to repeat it. When I was pregnant, I actually put head phones on my stomach to...ahem...corrupt her with PJ.
    Now she listens to....Britney Spears, Christina Agulara (sp?), Kelly Clarkson, etc....We got her her own guitar (a Daisy Rock...it's short scale, which makes it easier since her arms aren't that long) as of a few weeks ago...but it sucks having to play that stuff with her...at least she's learning.

~Julie
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591

Nice, thats my amp as well. I'm definitely going to have to take some of the previously noted settings as I really need to mess around with it a lot more to find some good tone.
  • exhausted wrote:

Congratulations on the newborn! I am sure that he will take right to it!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream