Options

VH1 Rock Honors Pre-Party????

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    yeah..and it's a Saturday night!!!! there was only one or 2 bartenders....on a Saturday...and, I believe there was a Who cover band there after the show.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,440
    UCLA is out of session, so that part of Westwood on a Saturday afternoon is like a ghost town. The WWB is usually quiet that time of day.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    UCLA is out of session, so that part of Westwood on a Saturday afternoon is like a ghost town. The WWB is usually quiet that time of day.

normally I'd agree that they may not have been ready, but they had a cover band booked there so they should have known that that would bring in people...anyway, doesn't matter!!
    next time, someone else can pick the place :-)

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    normally I'd agree that they may not have been ready, but they had a cover band booked there so they should have known that that would bring in people...anyway, doesn't matter!!

You did good, pearljgirl2010! I had a lot of fun. Good talking to you guys.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Hey.. I looked for you... where were you?
    And I felt bad for the bartender and waitress. There was one each.
    We had to take off because our food never showed up. We tried Acapulcos across the street... and it was more of the same. Good thing... Coldie gave us his leftover taquitos.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Cosmo wrote:
    We had to take off because our food never showed up. We tried Acapulcos across the street... and it was more of the same. Good thing... Coldie gave us his leftover taquitos.

When we got to Acpulco, i had a cadallic margarita and about 7 bowls of chips & salsa, all devoured in about 3 minutes! I was starving and in need of a buzz!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I got a burrito at Chipotle across the street. Just what the Dr. ordered.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I felt bad for the one waitress until another showed up and was RUDE beyond belief. I had to keep my sister away from her because she was about to have at her..............that could have been interesting!

• Options

You did a great job in picking a place very close to the gig. No harm meant!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    You did a great job in picking a place very close to the gig. No harm meant!

oh--i was just kidding...i know there was no way of knowing that the bartenders were gonna suck!!! next time we all meet up there, we just won't go back to that place...and I hope there is a next time. I like meeting PJ people :-)

• Options
    oh--i was just kidding...i know there was no way of knowing that the bartenders were gonna suck!!! next time we all meet up there, we just won't go back to that place...and I hope there is a next time. I like meeting PJ people :-)

Cool, when they do the "VH1 Honors Pearl Jam" in 2011, we will book another gathering!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Cool, when they do the "VH1 Honors Pearl Jam" in 2011, we will book another gathering!

sounds like a plan!

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I got a burrito at Chipotle across the street. Just what the Dr. ordered.
    I saw you walking back to the bar with that burrito and I told Lizard or somebody "damn! he's got the right idea!!!" :D I was craving the nachos from the place but my order NEVER came. NEITHER DID MY DRINKS!!!! and wheres beegirl cuz she is AWESOME!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

The more I think aboutit, the more I dont know WHO's fault it was!!! The waitress for not hurrying? The bartenders for slacking? Or the manager for not being hip to the crowd that would be at hand! There was a GREAT turnout of fans and there was all KIND of pearl jam love up in there. So it wasn't the people. When we all decided to go across the street, the waitress came and asked if i got my drinks. I told her NO! and she said aww im sorry. And i told her i should get it for FREE. She said "i agree" and came back with an ice cold Landshark that i was FORCED to chug in a matter of seconds before we left. Best beer ive ever hadd in my life!!! :D

It isnt AT ALL your fault either. It was great of you to get the party started and have a place to gather!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I saw you walking back to the bar with that burrito and I told Lizard or somebody "damn! he's got the right idea!!!" :D I was craving the nachos from the place but my order NEVER came. NEITHER DID MY DRINKS!!!! and wheres beegirl cuz she is AWESOME!!!

Yeah, sometimes I make the right call. I kept thinking to myself "I should just get a burrito across the street."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thats like freakin FAR AWAY!!!!! :eek:

• Options
    Yeah, sometimes I make the right call. I kept thinking to myself "I should just get a burrito across the street."
    And you looked very content with your decision! :D
    Im so gladd we FINALLY got to hang out a bit. Made my day!

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    That was the right call. I was seriously thinking of going all vulture on the leftovers on that plate next to us at Acapulcos.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    And you looked very content with your decision! :D
    Im so gladd we FINALLY got to hang out a bit. Made my day!

Cool! Yeah, it was awesome putting faces on some more of us.
  • Options
    Did anyone go to Diddy Reese?
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    That was the right call. I was seriously thinking of going all vulture on the leftovers on that plate next to us at Acapulcos.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

• Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ME? SENROCK! You are the awesome one!! Please tell me you got a Landshark! If not, someone else did!!
    The Pre-Party was a blast, thank you to everyone for a party I won't soon forget! The biq question is, what happened at the After-Party???
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    bgirl59 wrote:
    ME? SENROCK! You are the awesome one!! Please tell me you got a Landshark! If not, someone else did!!
    The Pre-Party was a blast, thank you to everyone for a party I won't soon forget! The biq question is, what happened at the After-Party???

B-girl! I think I stole your Pete mask! I picked it up to fan myself and kinda kept it! :o

It's a little worse for wear but I have it and can mail it to you if you want!

Sorry 'bout that.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    all this talk about burritos is making me hungry!

i was talking to a couple of guys wearing PJ shirts, thinking that they were from the message boards...nope! they just happened upon the bar and found a ton of PJ people...i'd love to walk into a random bar and see a lot of PJ shirts :-)

• Options
    all this talk about burritos is making me hungry!

i was talking to a couple of guys wearing PJ shirts, thinking that they were from the message boards...nope! they just happened upon the bar and found a ton of PJ people...i'd love to walk into a random bar and see a lot of PJ shirts :-)

mmmmmmmmmm.........burritos!
    mmmmmmmmmm.........pearl jam dudes!

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sounds like it was a great time. :)
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    B-girl! I think I stole your Pete mask! I picked it up to fan myself and kinda kept it! :o

It's a little worse for wear but I have it and can mail it to you if you want!

Sorry 'bout that.
    THIEF!!!! I told you it was bgirls!!!!! hahahahaha

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    mmmmmmmmmm.........burritos!
    mmmmmmmmmm.........pearl jam dudes!

J&S??????
    TALL pearl jam dudes???????

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    J&S??????
    TALL pearl jam dudes???????

lmao.........J & S
    i'm over TALL dudes........any dude at this point!

• Options
    Now that we have nothing to look forward to (as pixxx said) we should all have a day at the beach. Someone pick a beach and bring a guitar and a grill & lets do this! its SUMMER DAMMIT!!!!!