Options

Get Out the Vote Rally and Concert in Seattle - Mike, Stone, & Tom Morello

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    EdVedHed wrote:
    We'll be there - remember the FTM show ??? Same lot ... hope to see you there. :)

I'll be in the Green Room .. look for me!

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Does any one have 2 extras for tonight??
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    PM if you want to preparty, I'm trying to figure something out with South of Seattle :D
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    edved13 wrote:
    Does any one have 2 extras for tonight??
    there's a few chances here

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=morello
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    It looks like my group will have 2 extras- PM me if interested. (I'll know for sure how many by 5:30, but it looks like there will be two)

Face value of course.
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    rockford wrote:
    It looks like my group will have 2 extras- PM me if interested. (I'll know for sure how many by 5:30, but it looks like there will be two)

Face value of course.

PM sent. Looking for 1 ticket.
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    rockford wrote:

Face value of course.

looking for 1!!! p.m. sent
  • Options
    See everyone tonight, I'm so psyched!! I think there may be a few surprises!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    Tom is a hellofa cool geetar player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-oDAxx8So
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    Got the two PMs!
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I'm gettin' word that a few Nader voters will be represent'n'. Fuck Yeah!!!!
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    well the DVD showed up... its late to announce a party...

If you want to come please come!

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?picture=&eid=34439701692&created=&new=&m=1#/event.php?eid=34439701692
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    My son and I got to meet Tom tonight at Easystreet, was nice show. He mentioned he had some special guests coming tonight.

My son got his Guitar Hero Game autographed and Tom signed his new CD for me. Listen to it on way home, sounds great!!!

Hope everyone has great night!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    The show was pretty coolio...Tom is an amazing guitar player.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    Rise-Above wrote:
    The show was pretty coolio...Tom is an amazing guitar player.

Tom said he left a few names at the door, so who showed up?

Tom sounded great at Easystreet
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    so who were the special guests?
    what did they play?
    how long did they play for?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Great show got over with like around 1 or so. The governor was there and at the end mike and tom played togather. Talked to Mike after the show for a brief moment cuz we were parked next to him at the show. And got my guitar signed by Tom when he left. The highlight for me was hearing Stone play Ace of spades.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    so who were the special guests?
    what did they play?
    how long did they play for?
    Who did Tom bring along... I saw the pictures and recognized Bricklin on drums and Kid Lightning on Bass... I guess Carl Restivo was on guitar...
    But, who else showed? Ben Harper? Slash? Flea? Perry Farrel? Wayne Kramer?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Great show got over with like around 1 or so. The governor was there and at the end mike and tom played togather. Talked to Mike after the show for a brief moment cuz we were parked next to him at the show. And got my guitar signed by Tom when he left. The highlight for me was hearing Stone play Ace of spades.

Wow! That's crazy cool.

It was a great show. Mike, Stone and Tom were all amazing. I really enjoyed when Tom sang Dirty Deeds Done Dirt cheap. And Mike singing All Along the Watchtower and going into the Star Spangled Banner was definitely a highlight.
  • Options
    Best 10 dollar show ever!
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    can somebody say what songs were played?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Best 10 dollar show ever!
    "The People's Price".
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Had a lot of fun at the show. Thanks for the PM gciu116c. Didn't get the message til today though. Long story short....went to the show without tickets
    Lots for sale but refused to pay the price. I've always been lucky, so we just waited until everyone was let inside. Low and behold...who appears from out the front doors but Mr. McCready. "Hey Mike..you got any extra tickets to sell us?" Totally walked in with Mike and his wife free of charge. EEYAYA! Magic.
    Great vibe. Thought Boots was the shit! Tom and the Freedom Fighters were really super fun. Thanks Mike McCready.... AGAIN.
  • Options
    sweet^
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    whgarrett wrote:
    Had a lot of fun at the show. Thanks for the PM gciu116c. Didn't get the message til today though. Long story short....went to the show without tickets
    Lots for sale but refused to pay the price. I've always been lucky, so we just waited until everyone was let inside. Low and behold...who appears from out the front doors but Mr. McCready. "Hey Mike..you got any extra tickets to sell us?" Totally walked in with Mike and his wife free of charge. EEYAYA! Magic.
    Great vibe. Thought Boots was the shit! Tom and the Freedom Fighters were really super fun. Thanks Mike McCready.... AGAIN.

that's awesome!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,725
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    So, no TOTD reunion huh? :D

That would be sweet! Check out our facebook page! There's a sweet video up by our man who was there! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,725
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    That's what they were talking about. But it didn't happen. Now for this Facebook page, which one are you talking about. PM please :D

np! :)
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    The show was really great. Thanks again to Sue for the ticket!

I didn't get to the show until almost 10. When I got in, Stone and the Hank Williams choir was playing. I was told that I'd missed a few songs (bummer) and that one of them was 1999. Darn it - I wanted to hear that! I also missed the governer speaking.

Then there was a really lame comedian (who was that guy???) and then a couple guys, one with an acoustic and one with a microphone. They played a really different type of hip-hop/rap...not sure who they were either...

more comedians & politicians...

Then Shadow played - Mike was awesome, as always :) So were the Friel (sp?) bros. They played a bunch of Hendrix tunes...the star spangled banner was pretty fitting!

Then Tom Morrello came on...Boots Riley sang a few songs. I have never seen so many people bounce up and down in one place! The whole floor was shaking - pretty crazy! Lots of fun!

At the end, Tom & Boots & Mike & Friel brothers & backup singers along with some of the Iraq veterans that were there came up and sang "This land is your land" with the 'secret words' LOL was pretty cool!

No, I didn't see Eddie or Perry or any of the others mentioned, but it was a great show and great lineup!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    *dawn* wrote:
    Then there was a really lame comedian (who was that guy???) and then a couple guys, one with an acoustic and one with a microphone. They played a really different type of hip-hop/rap...not sure who they were either...
    I'm not sure who they were either, wasn't really my thing. Sounded a little like that 90's group Arrested Developement. "Hey Mr. Wendell..."
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    *dawn* wrote:
    The show was really great. Thanks again to Sue for the ticket!

At the end, Tom & Boots & Mike & Friel brothers & backup singers along with some of the Iraq veterans that were there came up and sang "This land is your land" with the 'secret words' LOL was pretty cool!

would love to see that song live. Woody Guthrie, the original punk rocker.