Options

Get Out the Vote Rally and Concert in Seattle - Mike, Stone, & Tom Morello

Comments

• Options
    I almost Came when I read this, On a Monday sucks, but I'm off Tuesday.

This is Sweet!!!

Urs~~~~~~~~~ Move Here!!!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Sea wrote:

November 3rd’s get out the vote event is part of Morello’s larger tour in support of his second solo album, "The Fabled City.”

A taste of the title track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHzhY0BBWA
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Lizardking wrote:
    I almost Came when I read this, On a Monday sucks, but I'm off Tuesday.

This is Sweet!!!

Urs~~~~~~~~~ Move Here!!!!!

Soon my friend.... :)

I hope you enjoy the show
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    OH MY GOD! I am so going!

If Ed or Zach show up I will be so happy. If they both show up I may die.

: )
    Be Sound...
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    That is absolutely ridiculous! I love Mike and Stone, but Tom has the potential of blowing them out of the water.

Uhhhh, no. If you're easily wowed by lots of effects, string rubbing and the Digitech Digtal Whammy pedal then maybe you'd prefer the thrashings of Morello. I've been playing guitar for 10 years and can assure you that the guy is an average guitar player at best. Walk into any Guitar Center in the country at any time and you'll encounter 2 or 3 people better at guitar than Tom Morello.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    im in!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    And tickets to the show is $10!! Wish I could be there.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Holy cow man this is going to be a awesome show i will be there .God bless washington.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    einatshaul wrote:
    Seattles the place to be..

unless you want to see a pearl jam show
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    unless you want to see a pearl jam show
    ?

they played 5 nights in a row when I lived there a few years ago. If it wasn't for that 5th night I wouldn't have been able to see them.
  • Options
    umm Ive lived here for 50 years and I don't recall them ever playing here 5 nights in a row- are you talking about secret shows or including Vancouver and Portland maybe?
    Closest they played Seattle was @ the Gorge and that was in 2006 and several hours away.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    And tickets to the show is $10!! Wish I could be there.

That makes it even sweeter
  • Options
    This show is gonna be awesome, just got the call that my tix are reserved and waiting for me!! Can't wait to see Mike play again, the Shadow 86 show was incredible, and Tom Morello, and Stone?!?! Can't wait!!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    umm Ive lived here for 50 years and I don't recall them ever playing here 5 nights in a row- are you talking about secret shows or including Vancouver and Portland maybe?
    Closest they played Seattle was @ the Gorge and that was in 2006 and several hours away.
    it may have been more than a few years ago, I'm bad with dates. But yeah, if I remember right they played the Key a couple nights, a few other venues, then back to the key to finish it up.

They planned 4 shows and since they sold out so fast they added a 5th, on that monday, the show I saw from Gary Peyton's box seat at the Key. So it was back when Gary Peyton was still with the sonics, maybe his last year with them.

To be honest, I was pretty stoned most of the time-all the time, but I'm pretty sure about this.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    ?

they played 5 nights in a row when I lived there a few years ago. If it wasn't for that 5th night I wouldn't have been able to see them.

Maybe 4 nights in a row... ?
    2002: 12/5-6 at the Showbox, then 12/8-9 at the Key. I was lucky enough to be at the Showbox 12/6 (DVD show) and the next night at the Key, but had to return to Tejas after that. Happily, I now live in Seattle. :)

We have been sorely hurting for a Seattle proper show for YEARS now, though. 2004 Showbox was the last full show. The Gorge doesn't count -- anything that's 3.5 hours from my bed is NOT local.

But who's keeping track?!? ;)

Anyway, see whoever's going at the Get Out the Vote show...

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Shouldn't this be called Get Out the Vote for Obama?

good point, because thats what is going to be

its one thing to want people to vote, but you know damn well what candidate they are going to be pushing

nonetheless, killer lineup
  • Options
    Just bought my tickets! Yay!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I need one :(
    NERDS!
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    no tickets for us :(

If anyone bought extras... we'd certainly appreciate a pair ... or three!!

:D

Mr & Mrs SennJam ;)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    Got mine sweet cant wait see u all there. Saw Tom at the Croc sweet show cant wait.
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    I missed out on a ticket this morning also. Looking for one...
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Got mine! :)

Now Sennin, Jamaniac, Aqua Ames still need help!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    jamainiac wrote:
    no tickets for us :(

If anyone bought extras... we'd certainly appreciate a pair ... or three!!

:D

Mr & Mrs SennJam ;)

While I was up at Ingalls Peak, I asked both David and Ricker to try and pick up tickets- I believe Ricker was able to grab me a pair. So, you guys are halfway there...
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    wow is right! all we got was Springsteen :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    TheLabTheLab Posts: 3
    Hey! my guitar teacher mentioned to me just today he was going to
    be playing at this show Nov. 3rd at the Showbox right, yeah doing a set with his singer Mesa. Look out for Mesa he is a BAD ASS singer like Cornell and Vedder in a way but more like a Chris RObinson. Ari Joshua is a dope guitar player and teacher too keep an eye out for him I have seen him many times around town very expressive / inovative. He is probably playing with Stoney cause he is on the solo record too.

If you are in Seattle you can check out his music at http://www.myspace.com/arijoshua - another good player under the radar.

Go Seattle!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    rockford wrote:
    While I was up at Ingalls Peak, I asked both David and Ricker to try and pick up tickets- I believe Ricker was able to grab me a pair. So, you guys are halfway there...

Thanks!!

Anyone? I need a SINGLE! please. :)
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Anyone looking for a ticket should take a look at Craigslist. If I knew there were so many people locked out I would have snagged a few extra pairs on Saturday morning. In any case, see y'all there!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I got shut out - no tickets for me. So I surfed over to voternader.org and contributed to their campaign instead. :p
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    rockford wrote:

You're such a good neighbor! ;)

I even went by the Showbox today... just in case!

They actually have signs posted saying:

Tom Morello Nov 3rd
    SOLD OUT!!

Hmmmm....

I'm having a flashback of standing outside the Showbox... begging to get in! BUT... I'll keep the faith!! Somehow ... we always do!! :D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    jamainiac wrote:
    You're such a good neighbor! ;)

I even went by the Showbox today... just in case!

They actually have signs posted saying:

Tom Morello Nov 3rd
    SOLD OUT!!

Hmmmm....

I'm having a flashback of standing outside the Showbox... begging to get in! BUT... I'll keep the faith!! Somehow ... we always do!! :D

There's a chance I may have an extra - I'll try to let you know ASAP. If I do, it is yours.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche