Options

Setlist for our show on Friday... Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    *melting away........*
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I will figure out the picture situation tonight and have some pics from our last show up tommorow or friday.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Whoa,

I THOUGHT I heard something. It was sighs and moaning from squirrel and puremagic over here on this thread!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Whoa,

I THOUGHT I heard something. It was sighs and moaning from squirrel and puremagic over here on this thread!

PJ singing their unplugged version of Black brings a sigh out of me everytime I here it. Now if someone else is capable of singing that version with the same passion, I'll sigh for their voice too. Hell the studio version makes me sigh. Its just one of those songs that makes you take that extra breath.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Well, I put up a little picture album online...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288418361&code=7402534&mode=invite

See if this link works... copy and paste to your address bar.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    PJ singing their unplugged version of Black brings a sigh out of me everytime I here it. Now if someone else is capable of singing that version with the same passion, I'll sigh for their voice too. Hell the studio version makes me sigh. Its just one of those songs that makes you take that extra breath.

I always thought pearl jam was a great band, and have seen them a few times over the years.
    I've played and seen a lot of music through the years, but last April or so, I was at the Spectrum in Philly, and the version of black was amazing, ,,he held that eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! for two rounds. It was truly astounding and made ME sigh!
    And I'm a guy! So I know where you're coming from, puremagic.

I think the emotion that they can wrench out is incredible, even to me, a "jaded" musician. Hmm "experienced" musician? I'm not jaded. ,,,uhhh,,, "old" musician! There you go!

Good old Jim Morrison could do that in his own way. Make your hair stand on end.

By the way, how the hell do I make all those smilies and frownies and winky smily faces go into this text. They never show up when I try it!
    I'd ask on the technical bbs, but I'm ascared to leave the beach!

: )
    Be kind, man

Do the pictures work?
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    anyone? Buehler?
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by House53
    Black is one of my favorite songs to sing... I try to lose myself in the song... I wish I could write a song like that...

Do the pictures work?

No, link requires you to become member before you sign in. However, the picture with your band doing a gig during crawl pub worked. Almost looked like a toy guitar. j/k.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Yeah, I am a big guy... so an SG is kind of small in my hands or next to my body.

I have pictures I can just email if anyone wants to see.

Let me know.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    Whoa,

lol...yah...*sigh*....sure you heard it...haha...i just can't control myself!! :D

hey House53...i saw your pix...well 5 of them i think...coooooool!!! most are a bit far away but on the closer ones you can see that you really give feelings into what you sing...awesome!!! wish i could come tomorrow!!!! *moan*

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Squirrel
    lol...yah...*sigh*....sure you heard it...haha...i just can't control myself!! :D

hey House53...i saw your pix...well 5 of them i think...coooooool!!! most are a bit far away but on the closer ones you can see that you really give feelings into what you sing...awesome!!! wish i could come tomorrow!!!! *moan*

:)

Hoo boy.
    Remember squirrel, what I said about the pecking order?
    LOL
    Be kind, man
    Hoo boy.
    Remember squirrel, what I said about the pecking order?
    LOL

lol......yeah...right!! ;)

nah...i go for the lead guitarist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Well, you will be there in spirit.

Don't worry about the sighing and all that... that typically happens at our shows... I give the people what they want.

Pecking order?
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    our lead guitarist is a good guy, he is a big McCready fan and one hell of a guitar player.

Sounds like he would be right up your alley.
    There's No Code.
  • Options

Pecking order?

Long story,
    but excuse me, I'm gonna go get my guitar out now!
    Be kind, man
    we do more of an MC5 vibe to it... but yeah... Rage did that song on Renegades.

That is a tight song for sure.

Hammel on Trial did this song when I saw him a month or so ago, too
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    our lead guitarist is a good guy, he is a big McCready fan and one hell of a guitar player.

Sounds like he would be right up your alley.

lol...erm..sorry that was kind of an inside joke between me and who's pearljam!! lol...hmmm...ya know the groupie pecking order...and him as lead guitarist....;)

but i'm sure your guitarist is awesome!!
    you go guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep on rockin in the free world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
  • Options
    well, you can explain it to me sometime if you like... I am curious.

I have a feeling it involves members of a band and their priority when it comes to fans... ie women who may or may not be interested in these musicians.

So, please explain sometime.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    Long story,
    but excuse me, I'm gonna go get my guitar out now!

awwwwwwwwwwwwww...lol!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    well, a lead guitarist can't sing Throw Your Arms Around Me to the swarming groupies now can he...

I have the option of rocking out and playing guitar, or letting the emotion go with my voice...

Now that is a powerful combination.

At least, that is what they tell me... :D
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    well, you can explain it to me sometime if you like... I am curious.

I have a feeling it involves members of a band and their priority when it comes to fans... ie women who may or may not be interested in these musicians.

So, please explain sometime.

Hmmm,
    Gather round the fire younguns' , Grandpa Bob has a little story for ya.
    Chewing on my piece of straw:

Once upon a time Grandpa Bob was a touring guitar player.............
    They had these people they called Groupies. Oh a fun lot they were.

The pecking order usually was
    The roadies were the screeners.
    Lead singer
    Lead guitarist
    Bass and others.

In the reality of my life though, I was married when I toured and remained faithful to my wife and never took in a groupie. Then I was single and touring, I just ain't a one night stander, never took in a groupie.

Maybe I'm the most boring guitar player ever!
    Oh true confessions! Sob!
    Be kind, man

We are a sad bunch I guess... but people have to do what they feel is the right thing.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    There were and are some whackos out there, too
    It's hard enough to live on a tour bus with each other, or a hotel room where one of the others gets a really high, freaking out tripping drunk groupie.
    Then I always was the counselor for them to bring them down from a trip, find a way to get them home.

Really, after a few weeks of touring, all you want is sleep!
    Be kind, man

Also, you make a good point... you never know who these people you meet really are...

I am always glad that they enjoyed the show, but that doesn't mean I want to take them home with me.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I can imagine... we only play locally... I have never "toured" properly... but I am only 23.

Also, you make a good point... you never know who these people you meet really are...

I am always glad that they enjoyed the show, but that doesn't mean I want to take them home with me.

Any chance of working in Hard to Imagine into the setlist?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    not likely...

I got the group to jam on Not For You this Monday at practice... that was fun.

Our guitar player was on drums, I was on lead vox/guitar, and our bass player joined in for the real flavor of that song.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    not likely...

I got the group to jam on Not For You this Monday at practice... that was fun.

Our guitar player was on drums, I was on lead vox/guitar, and our bass player joined in for the real flavor of that song.

I love playing NFY. Simple powerful, really gets the point across.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Then I tried Insignificance... I lost the bass player, and our guitar player can't play that one... :(

Oh well, there's always next week.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Then I tried Insignificance... I lost the bass player, and our guitar player can't play that one... :(

Oh well, there's always next week.

Enjoy tonight, hope you have a good turnout.