Options

Setlist for our show on Friday... Thoughts?

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Little Wing
Fortunate Son
Unglued
About a Girl
Strange Brew
The Girl I Love
Drinkin' Muddy Water
Daytripper
Jumpin Jack Flash
Sweetleaf
Now I Wanna Be Your Dog
Smokestack Lightning
Kick Out the Jams
Yellow Ledbetter
Rockin' in the Free World

Here is our setlist for Friday night... I am afraid that our drummer has booked the smallest venue in town... but the rock will not be stopped.

My voice will be getting a workout for sure.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Kick out the jams, RATM, nice, really nice.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    we do more of an MC5 vibe to it... but yeah... Rage did that song on Renegades.

That is a tight song for sure.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    puremagic

refer to sig...
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    That's a loud set for "the smallest venue in town"...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    can i come???
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    we do more of an MC5 vibe to it... but yeah... Rage did that song on Renegades.

That is a tight song for sure.

MC-5 was the band that scared my parents the most!

First the Beatles scared them,
    then the Stones came out, the Beatles weren't that bad,
    then the Mothers of Invention came out, suddenly the Stones weren't that bad
    then I bought my first MC-5 album. That was as angry and radical as it got in the 60's! Probably ever.

Sounds like a fun set! Good luck with the riots!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

If the place isn't liking the heavier/louder edged stuff we can change it up a bit.

All are welcome... Squierrel: are you from STL?
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Like I said... the rock does not care where it is played... but it will be brought in full force.

If the place isn't liking the heavier/louder edged stuff we can change it up a bit.

All are welcome...

House33 what instrument do you play? Is Kick 'em Out the name of your band? As to the setlist, you had me on Kick out the jams. Nowhere near you, but if your recording that session I hope you post that song, I'd love to hear it.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    I am the lead singer... I also play rhythm guitar on some songs... and occasional lead... and I play harmonica and tamborine...

hmmm, who does that remind you of?

The band name is The Ruckus. Yes, we are what the aristocrat choir has been wondering about... sorry I couldn't resist.

We might record at some point... not this week.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Like I said... the rock does not care where it is played... but it will be brought in full force.

I wasn't saying I disapproved... my old band used to play in this little dive bar that served as the local punk club, Just made it that much louder... sort of like a Montana version of CBGB's...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    that is what we will have on Friday...

We are a pretty loud group when we want to be...

Maybe I will work: I Got Shit into the setlist again.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I am the lead singer... I also play rhythm guitar on some songs... and occasional lead... and I play harmonica and tamborine...

hmmm, who does that remind you of?

The band name is The Ruckus. Yes, we are what the aristocrat choir has been wondering about... sorry I couldn't resist.

We might record at some point... not this week.

Wouldn't it be awesome to Eddie and them kick out some Rage. I'd love to see Stone step out the box and just crank it with a different flavor.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Wouldn't it be awesome to Eddie and them kick out some Rage. I'd love to see Stone step out the box and just crank it with a different flavor.

after you are. It would be bad ass if stoney pulled out a Whammy and they did some rage stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options

All are welcome... Squierrel: are you from STL?

nah...i'm just dreaming on!!! lol....wishful thinking ya know ;)

just sounds so great what you're gonna play!! hail hail!!! :D
  • Options
    if any of you show up... and let me know that you are there...

we will play I Got Shit or Black... I could probably convince the band to play Lukin too.
    There's No Code.
  • Options

we will play I Got Shit or Black... I could probably convince the band to play Lukin too.

ok now i'm crying!!!

:D
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Little Wing
    Fortunate Son
    Unglued
    About a Girl
    Strange Brew
    The Girl I Love
    Drinkin' Muddy Water
    Daytripper
    Jumpin Jack Flash
    Sweetleaf
    Now I Wanna Be Your Dog
    Smokestack Lightning
    Kick Out the Jams
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Rockin' in the Free World

Here is our setlist for Friday night... I am afraid that our drummer has booked the smallest venue in town... but the rock will not be stopped.

My voice will be getting a workout for sure.

Geez man. Little Wing to start the show! Wow! I think I'd melt that little Carman Ghia if that were the first song. You know you have to smoke a few solos, I can't resist playing a little extra even though it'd probably be boring for the crowd.

Looks like a great set to me.

I bet the audience had fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options

What a tease.
  • Options
    Not a tease, a promise... I would do my best to get all the words right for Lukin too...

RAH RAH RAH RAH, RAH RAH RAH RAH, RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH!!!

I'm gonna Lukin...

see I know them all :D

Little Wing opener just gets the band cookin'... although we have never opened with it before.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Not a tease, a promise... I would do my best to get all the words right for Lukin too...

I'm gonna Lukin...

Little Wing opener just gets the band cookin'... although we have never opened with it before.

Don't care so much about Lukin, but Black, if you hum it right that song will make you feel it.
  • Options
    I get you...

Our lead guitarist is a big Mike fan... he nails the feel of that solo... I do a pretty solid job on vocals I have been told... I even do the extra lyrics, ala MTV Unplugged...

We Belong Together! Together!! Together!!!
    There's No Code.
  • Options

I'm gonna Lukin...

LOL...funny shit!!!

and black........wow!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!! you look like eddie too??
    *gets ready to move to STL...* ;)
    j/k
  • Options
    I get you...

Our lead guitarist is a big Mike fan... he nails the feel of that solo... I do a pretty solid job on vocals I have been told... I even do the extra lyrics, ala MTV Unplugged...

We Belong Together! Together!! Together!!!

Unplugged version, damn its gets harder and harder to breathe. Now your just a fuckin tease. Do you do the that lost look at your hand like eddie does. If so I coming.
  • Options
    I've got pics, but they are not easily postable on here...

I am a bit bigger than Ed... I am 6'5... I think he is something like 5'10... but otherwise... :)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I've got pics, but they are not easily postable on here...

I am a bit bigger than Ed... I am 6'5... I think he is something like 5'10... but otherwise... :)

Now your just plain being mean.
  • Options
    I don't look a thing like Ed... but I do have a Townshend SG... so, my guitar is similar to the last tour.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I don't look a thing like Ed... but I do have a Townshend SG... so, my guitar is similar to the last tour.

Not important what an artist looks like (unless you make faces like Johy Mayers) or plays, its all about the music, if the music is good nothing else matters.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Not important what an artist looks like (unless you make faces like Johy Mayers) or plays, its all about the music, if the music is good nothing else matters.

*tries to compose herself again*

yeah...you're absolutely right!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    I will post some pics or a link to our page... I don't remember it off hand.

I could email pics as well.

I agree... but you have to have some stage presence to look "right" on stage... you have to look comfortable, or the audience will pick up on that.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    and yes... I can't help but do some Ed moves while singing Black... they come with the territory...

Although I play guitar, so my hands aren't free... I have to be Stone and Ed on that one.
    There's No Code.