Wah wah's

13»

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    847s are great. it's such a simple circuit and everything's so easy to change.

that's what it looked like to me. I just need to find where I can get the right components.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    just order a pile of capacitors and (if you want control) either pots or trim pots. they cost nothing. then get your choice of sweep pot and inductor from small bear. case closed.
    just order a pile of capacitors and (if you want control) either pots or trim pots. they cost nothing. then get your choice of sweep pot and inductor from small bear. case closed.

gracias.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    gracias.

you're welcome and read this.

http://www.green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk/wah.html
    The teese wahs are just beautiful on the inside. The "tropical fish" caps. Looks cool. I'd be neat to see one of plexiglass with a little fiber optic light inside.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    teese calibrates his wahs for a pretty wide sweep but i know the RMC1,2,3 have some level of adjustment. i think the wizard doesn't though.

what exactly about the mccoy aren't you happy with?

and sure, if you've got a good shot of the circuit board, post it. i'd like to see how different it is from an 847.

It's not that I'm unhappy with it, but I'd like more sweep range.

The pics are at

http://www.geocities.com/cpl_clegg76/wahinnards.html

click on them for full size pic
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    It's not that I'm unhappy with it, but I'd like more sweep range.

The pics are at

http://www.geocities.com/cpl_clegg76/wahinnards.html

click on them for full size pic

there are a couple things you can do that don't involve circuit alterations.

-take the rubber plugs off the heel and maybe even the toe of the treadle. heel for sure. removing the toe ones makes it too easy to switch the wah off unintentional imo.

- go inside and adjust the position of the pot's grear relative to the straigh gear. this will give you access to more of the high end or more of the low end. it won't increase the sweep, but it will shift the sweep up or down.
    EK. e-mail Geoffery he will be able to offer changes that could be made or, sell the RMC 1 and get a 2 or 3. The RMC 3 has dip switches that control various tweeks so you can get any wah sound you like.

taking the plugs off will give you a bit more low end travel. I get the feeling you want more upper mid range though.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I don't have a tmc-1, i have a vox
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way