Eddie Just Told Me To Tell Ya'll: VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

13»

Comments

• even Darwin admits Evolution is a lie

research it before you talk outta your ass

Too bad science proves it's not a lie. I don't see how people can even debate that these days. :confused:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.

This quote and your signature suggests you need to do some research yourself. And that doesn't mean talk to your pastor and/or parents.

Evolution is real and there's not one single argument that can be made to the contrary.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com

Jesus said Christianity was a lie.

See, I can make stuff up too. :P
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • I think people need to be more open to new ideas. The status quo has been pretty shitty for a while now, why not broaden our horizons and entertain the idea that Ron Paul actually has good ideas and knows why our economy is tanking. He really is the only candidate who would change the status quo to a noticeable degree.

I'm a registered democrat but I like what Ron Paul says. I have my reservations about him (the racist newsletters, his ties to white supremists, his views on creationism/evolution, etc.) but his views on the economy and having a non-interventionist foreign policy shows me that this man actually knows what is failing our country right now. I like Obama, too, but even as a democrat I respect Ron Paul's ideas as well. There is no perfect candidate. Everyone is going to have certain differing views on everyone. I am a pro-choice, pro-gay rights and pro gun control guy, but for what is failing our country in today's world, those issues take a slight back seat to the economy and our foreign policy. Because of that, Ron Paul is a very good candidate for our presidency AT THIS TIME.

Just because he is a strict constitutionalist does NOT mean that he is a looney toon. He is a legitimate candidate who people should open their eyes too. Even if you don't necessarily agree with him, there is no reason to attack him and his supports as crazies. Thats just not a fair position.
  • snipes824 wrote:
    I think people need to be more open to new ideas. The status quo has been pretty shitty for a while now, why not broaden our horizons and entertain the idea that Ron Paul actually has good ideas and knows why our economy is tanking. He really is the only candidate who would change the status quo to a noticeable degree.

I'm a registered democrat but I like what Ron Paul says. I have my reservations about him (the racist newsletters, his ties to white supremists, his views on creationism/evolution, etc.) but his views on the economy and having a non-interventionist foreign policy shows me that this man actually knows what is failing our country right now. I like Obama, too, but even as a democrat I respect Ron Paul's ideas as well. There is no perfect candidate. Everyone is going to have certain differing views on everyone. I am a pro-choice, pro-gay rights and pro gun control guy, but for what is failing our country in today's world, those issues take a slight back seat to the economy and our foreign policy. Because of that, Ron Paul is a very good candidate for our presidency AT THIS TIME.

Just because he is a strict constitutionalist does NOT mean that he is a looney toon. He is a legitimate candidate who people should open their eyes too. Even if you don't necessarily agree with him, there is no reason to attack him and his supports as crazies. Thats just not a fair position.

I don't think people are attacking Ron Paul when they dismiss some of his supporters as crazy. They're attacking the contingent of supporters who, in all fairness, come across as crazy.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • If you do not believe in evolution then, I'm sorry to say, you are bat-shit crazy.

Ron Paul DOES NOT believe in evolution. He says so himself... http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwaNZg6nojE

Therefore, I would have to question his ability to discern between fact and fiction, theory and hard data, truth and lies, reality and superstition, etc. Any candidate who disagrees with the scientific community is a dangerous man to put in the White House.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    If you want to give homosexuals the national right to marry, then you need to pass a constitutional ammendment.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

GET OUT OF MY LIFE.

is there a fucking constitutional amendment that allows straight people to marry

what an idiot
  • EvilRabbit wrote:
    If you do not believe in evolution then, I'm sorry to say, you are bat-shit crazy.

Ron Paul DOES NOT believe in evolution. He says so himself... http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwaNZg6nojE

Therefore, I would have to question his ability to discern between fact and fiction, theory and hard data, truth and lies, reality and superstition, etc. Any candidate who disagrees with the scientific community is a dangerous man to put in the White House.

I agree, but you might edit the bold part. Simply because the anti-evolution brigade will start harping on about how evolution's a theory rather than a fact. A lot of people don't realise that a scientific theory is fact.:)
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    He said Evolution was true once upon a time and your dumb ass believed it, didn't you?

allow me to slightly rephrase what i said earlier....

"i see... one person said it, so it must be true. :rolleyes: "

ok here's the deal; you need to come up with at least 1.398 more names aside from Darwin who will vouch for your particular position.
    and then i.... still won't agree with you, but at least you'll make a stronger point, how's that?

ps. as if it's not hard enough to argue a creationist standpoint, you need to get your grammar straight: in case of "your dumb ass", as you put it ever so gracefully, at the end it ought to be "didn't IT", not "you", seeing as how i, in fact, am NOT my ass. (a point that could be argued, but not in this particular discussion.)
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

but what does him rejecting evolution have to do with his policies as president. he in no way wants to abolish the separation of church and state or wants creationism to be taught in schools only. Ron Paul never tells anyone else what to believe. So why is it a big deal what this guy thinks if he wont push it on anyone else or make policy based off of it?
  • snipes824 wrote:
    but what does him rejecting evolution have to do with his policies as president. he in no way wants to abolish the separation of church and state or wants creationism to be taught in schools only. Ron Paul never tells anyone else what to believe. So why is it a big deal what this guy thinks if he wont push it on anyone else or make policy based off of it?

Genuine question: does he want creationism taught in schools along with evolution?
  • snipes824 wrote:

If this guy became President, he would be making some of the most important decisions made by anyone in the world. I want him to possess reason, logic, common sense, intelligence. But if he disputes evolution, then he is sorely lacking those attributes.

There are things I like about Ron Paul but the denial of evolution makes him borderline retarded. Put another way, if he thought the world was flat would you still be cool with him being Prez? It wouldn't affect policy, but again it would make him a retard.

I want a more progressive president. Even though Barack had ties to a Christian church, I believe he's the most secular candidate. The sooner America undergoes secularization (like the rest of the developed world) we'll all be better off.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Genuine question: does he want creationism taught in schools along with evolution?

I don't think so.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • wow... i left for class this morning and this thread had no replies... i intentionally said nothing hoping it would just go away... now i come back to THIS... the most idiotic political debate i have ever read... why this hasnt been moved or locked i dont know... i stand by my choice to not voice my opinion here... vote how you want... hopefully everyone takes the time to educate themselves... with real sources...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    wow... i left for class this morning and this thread had no replies... i intentionally said nothing hoping it would just go away... now i come back to THIS... the most idiotic political debate i have ever read... why this hasnt been moved or locked i dont know... i stand by my choice to not voice my opinion here... vote how you want... hopefully everyone takes the time to educate themselves... with real sources...

Define "real source"?
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • EvilRabbit wrote:
    I don't think so.

That's a plus, at least. As far as I can see, yeah, him not believing in evolution is worrying. But if he isn't trying to force anti-evolution theories on anyone, and the rest of his policies make sense, I can see why someone would support him.

Although he is anti-abortion...

*watches thread descend into further madness*;)
  • That's a plus, at least. As far as I can see, yeah, him not believing in evolution is worrying. But if he isn't trying to force anti-evolution theories on anyone, and the rest of his policies make sense, I can see why someone would support him.

Although he is anti-abortion...

*watches thread descend into further madness*;)
    he's anti abortion but he understands that it is not a federal issue. his pro-life views will not have any effect on whether abortions will become illegal. he understands the constitution enough to know that abortion is an issue that should be dealt with at the state level. that is why as a dem, i can look the other way on paul's conservative social views (which i disagree with). he would never force his social views on others. he delegates those powers to the states like they are supposed to.