Options

McCready confirms work on new record with O'Brien

Comments

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    This just made my whole friggin day. MOST EXCELLENT!
  • Options
    darthvedder81darthvedder81 Posts: 688
    Murderers wrote:
    I can tell it will be amazing. I mean, he hasn't worked with them since Yield and that's maybe their best album. :)

Didn't he do some mixing on "Binaural"?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    Didn't he do some mixing on "Binaural"?

And he mixed Riot Act as well.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt?

how about a PNW show to introduce the new music...............?
    Well, maybe not "okay," but I am super excited about a new record back with Brendan O'Brien!!!

I support a one-off Seattle show to introduce new music.
  • Options
    fuck man, this is great, i cant wait!!!!

every pearl jam album is fucking great!!!!!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    4 or 5 songs ready to go? that is AWESOME, im expecting this album to be done in the fall/winter of 08
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,122
    4 or 5 songs ready to go! Got to hear one on the East Coast tour.
  • Options
    4 or 5 songs ready to go! Got to hear one on the East Coast tour.
    GREAT NEWS!!! It hardly seems two years since "avacado" though does it? I don't think they'll let any of the new tunes out of the bag on this tour though, I might be wrong but I don't think they played any of the "avacado" tunes when they toured Canada in the middle of making that record.
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    that's an awesome interview man, thanks for posting! :)

i doubt we'll get a new album in less than a year, really doesn't seem likely to me... but Mike promised us they won't do a "Chinese Democracy" on us ;)

personally, i hope it will be very different from Avocado. both music- and artwork-wise. i hope it'll be more experimental.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but here's what Rolling Stone had to say...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/02/pearl-jam-begin-work-on-ninth-studio-album/#more-5997
  • Options
    KozworthKozworth Posts: 7
    Let's hope this picks up right where "Inside Job" left off, very epic, progressive, and perhaps psychedelic song structure. As fans we know these fellows are a jam band at heart, I'd love to hear some of that spirit caught on record. They can also keep that newly found rockin' energy used on the first half of "Pearl Jam."

Any one agree?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Who is the annoying fuck in the background with the annoying laugh?
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Perhaps next summer there will be another European tour. (After the US that is.)
    Hold On
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    GREAT NEWS!!! It hardly seems two years since "avacado" though does it? I don't think they'll let any of the new tunes out of the bag on this tour though, I might be wrong but I don't think they played any of the "avacado" tunes when they toured Canada in the middle of making that record.

They did play GONE in Atlantic City right after the Canadian tour. A pretty simple but still magnificient version of that!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    :eek:
    Brendan is the shit!!!

but

Where's Rick Parashar?;)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    awesome news... this is great news indeed!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    They already have "4 or 5 tunes ready to go".. :D
    you lucky east coast fuckers are gonna get a taste of these i bet!

CANT WAIT TO HEAR!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    mca47 wrote:
    Who is the annoying fuck in the background with the annoying laugh?
    I hate that guy! You could tell Mike was kinda annoyed by him too.

I am not a regular listener of that show, so I have no idea who he is.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,311
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I hate that guy! You could tell Mike was kinda annoyed by him too.

I am not a regular listener of that show, so I have no idea who he is.
    I'm pretty sure it's a canned laugh, and they just hit the button. Yeah it's pretty fucking annoying. I can't believe they still use it.
  • Options
    darthvedder81darthvedder81 Posts: 688
    With Brendan back in the driver seat I'm actually expecting something more along the lines of Versus/Vitalogy--energetic like the "Avocado" but more variety and more tightly produced.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Awesome...Brendan and PJ in the 90's were at their BEST!!! Just imagine if Brendan had produced Ten...might even sounded much greater!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Awesome!
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Wow, it's cool to see that nobody has had an issue with Brendan doing this one. I thought no disagreements were pretty unheard of in these lands.

Nice Nice Nice
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    I thought "inside job" was overwrought with probably the worst lyrics ever released on a pearl jam record.

Kozworth wrote:
    Let's hope this picks up right where "Inside Job" left off, very epic, progressive, and perhaps psychedelic song structure. As fans we know these fellows are a jam band at heart, I'd love to hear some of that spirit caught on record. They can also keep that newly found rockin' energy used on the first half of "Pearl Jam."

Any one agree?
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    With Brendan back in the driver seat I'm actually expecting something more along the lines of Versus/Vitalogy--energetic like the "Avocado" but more variety and more tightly produced.
    energized with their experience like the BEGINNING of 'avocado' and sprinked with vitalogy and yield.
    wow. if only...
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Great news! Alright Brendan!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Haven't heard this part from Jeff......

From Reuters:
    NEW YORK (Billboard) - Pearl Jam has started recording its ninth studio album, guitarist Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW on Thursday (May 1).

Though only "four or five" songs are complete so far, McCready said the band hopes to release the record in 2008.

The new effort, a follow-up to the group's self-titled 2006 album, finds Pearl Jam reteaming with longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine) for the first time since 1998's "Yield." O'Brien has also produced Pearl Jam's "Vs." (1993), "Vitalogy" (1994) and "No Code"

(1996).

"Brendan works really fast," bassist Jeff Ament has told Billboard.com. "He's a super pro. I've always felt, working with him, that he understood me as a bass player and that's not always easy. A lot of producers are there to please the singer. But I've always had a great rapport with him. I can tell him I want something to sound like the O'Jays or Led Zeppelin or PJ Harvey and he gets it."

Pearl Jam is about to embark on a 13-date East Coast tour that runs from June 11-30.

Reuters/Billboard
  • Options
    hurrah
  • Options
    MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    BO'B is da bomb! :cool:
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    at the end of the interview mike couldn't even commit to something happening sooner than a year from now.
    i get they're busy, but christ....
    ...what the hell takes so long!