Options

McCready confirms work on new record with O'Brien

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I know this has been rumored for a while - and maybe I have missed other threads where this has already been confirmed - but I thought this was terrific to hear from Mike McCready himself that Pearl Jam is currently working on a new record with the one and only music producer of their past, Brendan O'Brien!!

Check out the audio here: http://kisw.radiotown.com/interviews/04-08/mikemccready.asx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I know this has been rumored for a while - and maybe I have missed other threads where this has already been confirmed - but I thought this was terrific to hear from Mike McCready himself that Pearl Jam is currently working on a new record with the one and only music producer of their past, Brendan O'Brien!!

Check out the audio here: http://kisw.radiotown.com/interviews/04-08/mikemccready.asx
    Coolness! maybe a new album by fall.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Fuck yes!!!
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    nice.... i am ready for another one
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm definitely glad to hear that O'Brien will be back on this album!
    Can't wait for the new album to hit stands, whenever it comes out! I'll be there! :D
  • Options
    I can tell it will be amazing. I mean, he hasn't worked with them since Yield and that's maybe their best album. :)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Murderers wrote:
    I can tell it will be amazing. I mean, he hasn't worked with them since Yield and that's maybe their best album. :)

WOW!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Great news!

Thanks for the nugget. :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    They already have "4 or 5 tunes ready to go".. :D
  • Options
    frinkehfrinkeh Posts: 10
    This is excellent news :cool:
    Adam's cool and all.. but he's no Brendan
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    That is awesome. I need some new PJ ASAP!
  • Options
    They already have "4 or 5 tunes ready to go".. :D
    :D
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    on the two year anniversary we get this news!!?!?!? Brendan Obrien and the boys again.....

FUCKIN A RIGHTS BUDDY!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I noticed at the end of the interview Mike saying he thinks it will be better than the last. Now I always take that with a grain of salt but the way he said it (after someone said the last will be hard to beat) I got the impression that he wasn't as happy with the last one as he let on origninally. It's funny to hear bands views of old records after the hyping period is over and they've moved on to new projects.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    I noticed at the end of the interview Mike saying he thinks it will be better than the last. Now I always take that with a grain of salt but the way he said it (after someone said the last will be hard to beat) I got the impression that he wasn't as happy with the last one as he let on origninally. It's funny to hear bands views of old records after the hyping period is over and they've moved on to new projects.
    Music is best when its fresh.. their new projects will always be their "best work".
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    i cant access that at work. is there a transcript anywhere?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    aNiMaL, thanks for posting the info and link . Great news. May I suggest that PJ make Unplugged the free cd we get when we early pre-order the new album. Always loved BO'B's work. Yield is absolutely amazing. Other than the fact that my Philly to Seattle flight leaves in 4 hours, this is the best PJ related news I could have received today.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    VERY exciting news, and pumped to hear that they are working with Brendan again. I'd be surprised if they release a record before the end of this year though, I'd guess Winter or Spring of 09.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Murderers wrote:

I would have to disagree.... Yield is not maybe the best, it definately is the best :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    Awesome!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Music is best when its fresh.. their new projects will always be their "best work".

Yeah, i understand that concept but I was thinking more along the lines that he didn't really like the last record that much. Which would be cool to hear him say. Too much love from the band for that one. I want to hear a little negativity about what they didn't like about it.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    they couldn't have picked a better time, it pains me to think that they might have a new album/tour when i'll be studying abroad in Australia this spring. how cruel would THAT be?
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    we'll probably get a couple of songs thrown in on the upcoming tour. thats my hope anyway.

and its so funny that were already excited for a new record- i mean it probably wont be out for a long while.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    aNiMaL wrote:

THANK THE LORD
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Lukin66 wrote:
    THANK THE LORD
    You're welcome ;)

but seriously................I LOVE THIS NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    This is really exciting news. I am almost okay with no PNW PJ show this year if it means new PJ next year!!!
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739

word
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I've had a pretty shitty day but that just made me forget all about it!
    My favourite producer and favourite band are back together, absolutely brilliant!!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am almost okay with no PNW PJ show this year if it means new PJ next year!!!
    wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt?

how about a PNW show to introduce the new music...............?
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    AWESOME!!

i'm so ready for a new album.
    i hope we don't have to wait a year!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    how big does this make the final date of the tour 6/30/08 at Great Woods??

It should will be an epic show...

"Crown of Thorns" has never been performed in Boston..

think about THAT possibility along with an almost guarteed performance of "ARC"...

Get to this show if you have any money left!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford