Slash Sucks

13»

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    as i said i agree that it was dumb because there was no way in hell they were going to win - but the fact that they sued to LOWER tickets hardly puts them in the same money grubbing category as Metallica - almost as opposite as you can get in fact

PJ didn't sue to lower the price off the ticket that THEY make, only what Ticketmaster made. a band as successful as PJ make an astronomical amount of money for a 2 hour set, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. now I'm not begrudging them that, because they earned it. but Ticketmaster provides a "convenience" service, and they earn their pay too. if PJ really wanted to lower the ticket prices, they could've knocked a dollar or two off their end and it wouldn't have cost them much. the lawsuit was not silly because it was not winnable, it was silly simply because it was silly.

now Metallica (ie Lars) handled themselves badly with their spat over free downloading of music. but I DO see their point. If I were in a famous band, I would be completely pissed at people downloading it before the release date. not only from a money standpoint, but for the fact that I wouldn't want people listening to it until I was ready for it to be released. and secondly, AOR ('album oriented rock') is where the album should be taken as a whole, not the singles. with bands like Metallica and PJ, the best songs are usually NOT the singles, but are the ones that most people never hear. so with downloading, most people just download the singles and never even give the whole album a listen, and I would be offended by that too if I were a famous musician.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    MLC2006 wrote:
    PJ didn't sue to lower the price off the ticket that THEY make, only what Ticketmaster made. a band as successful as PJ make an astronomical amount of money for a 2 hour set, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. now I'm not begrudging them that, because they earned it. but Ticketmaster provides a "convenience" service, and they earn their pay too. if PJ really wanted to lower the ticket prices, they could've knocked a dollar or two off their end and it wouldn't have cost them much. the lawsuit was not silly because it was not winnable, it was silly simply because it was silly.

now Metallica (ie Lars) handled themselves badly with their spat over free downloading of music. but I DO see their point. If I were in a famous band, I would be completely pissed at people downloading it before the release date. not only from a money standpoint, but for the fact that I wouldn't want people listening to it until I was ready for it to be released. and secondly, AOR ('album oriented rock') is where the album should be taken as a whole, not the singles. with bands like Metallica and PJ, the best songs are usually NOT the singles, but are the ones that most people never hear. so with downloading, most people just download the singles and never even give the whole album a listen, and I would be offended by that too if I were a famous musician.

Metallica handled the Napster issue very poorly, and I don't see their point but I guess thats what happens when you let business get in the way of music. If a song got on the internet before it was released, there are plenty of other ways you could deal with it, they should have just been satisfied that people actually downloaded that god awful song! I love Metallica, amazing musicians but lets face it, Lars is a prick! But James is definatley the best riff writer of the 80's, along with the Edge!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • these types of arguments never make any sense to me.

Not everybody will admire the same qualities in a guitarist.

You can bet your last dollar that there are people out there that think Mike and Stone suck.

Who really cares at the end of the day, if you dont like them dont listen to them. Don't try and convince other people which guitarist they should and shouldnt like.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Voiceless wrote:
    these types of arguments never make any sense to me.

Not everybody will admire the same qualities in a guitarist.

You can bet your last dollar that there are people out there that think Mike and Stone suck.

Who really cares at the end of the day, if you dont like them dont listen to them. Don't try and convince other people which guitarist they should and shouldnt like.

the difference though is that Metallica and Megadeth are essentially the same flavor of rock, so I find it ridiculous to say that "Megadeth rules" in the same breath as saying "Metallica is a joke". that's like saying you love SRV but hate Hendrix.
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    the difference though is that Metallica and Megadeth are essentially the same flavor of rock, so I find it ridiculous to say that "Megadeth rules" in the same breath as saying "Metallica is a joke". that's like saying you love SRV but hate Hendrix.

i understand that point completely
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    MLC2006 wrote:
    mrshock13 wrote:
    wow, james hetfield and the rest of metallica are a joke. if you want a metal guitarist, lets see... DAVE MUSTAINE! 'nuff said!

I don't care if it's "riff writer" or "metal guitarist", Mustaine or no one from Megadeth can hold a candle to Metallica. now over the past decade, I would agree that Metallica have become somewhat of a parody, but there is NOTHING that Megadeth (or GnR for that matter) has ever done that is even remotely in the same league as "Master of Puppets", "...And Justice For All", or "the Black album". if you want to see a 'joke', go watch the music video for Megadeth's "Hangar 18" and have a good laugh.

Mustaine got fired for picking a fight with Hetfield and begged Metallica to take him back. and to this day he's so bitter that he can't do an interview without trying to rag on Metallica in a dumb attempt to make himself feel better, so obviously he still takes them seriously.

The statement I said was said as a joke. I do enjoy Megadeth, but I've been a Metallica fan over Megadeth forever. What I said was just kind of emulating all those metalheads out there than bash on Metallica 'cuz they kicked Mustaine out b/c of all the drugs and everything. I personally enjoy Metallica much more, and the riffs and melodies, at least from my opinion, are much better in Metallica than Megadeth. But hey, not to diminish either band's work.
  • I guess you hadn't listened to chinese democracy
  • When Appetite for Destruction came out, Slash redefined guitar playing for a generation of guitar players, inspiring tons of people such as myself to pickup guitar... You may not be a GNR fan (when i say GNR i mean original lineup GNR i dont even consider that joke of Axl's project GNR) but to say that Slash sucks, is just a retarded statement, and if you believe someone else wrote his solos LMAO as someone else pointed out there are plenty of demos that precede the albums with the same solos.
    If you want to say that when you see Mike McCready wail you want to rub one out and when Slash plays VR songs it does nothing for you, thats one thing... but to say he sucks??? you are just a KID.
  • hehehe.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I guess you hadn't listened to chinese democracy

your somewhat of a troll arent you?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09