Slash Sucks

Comments

• except for that fact that producers wrote his solo's note for note

RIIIGHT

How about November Rain and most of Appetite, which were all on the original very rough demo. Alot of it never changed. In fact Geffen tried to bring people in, including Paul Stanley, and GnR told all to get the hell out.

And let's make a thread for STP, PJ, and the Black Crowes. I am sure Brendan Obrien has suggested several ideas to these bands, and actually plays the solo in Hard to Handle.
  • it's quoted by him in an interview from not too long ago. Once I find it, I'll post it
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    mrshock13 wrote:
    wow, james hetfield and the rest of metallica are a joke. if you want a metal guitarist, lets see... DAVE MUSTAINE! 'nuff said!

I don't care if it's "riff writer" or "metal guitarist", Mustaine or no one from Megadeth can hold a candle to Metallica. now over the past decade, I would agree that Metallica have become somewhat of a parody, but there is NOTHING that Megadeth (or GnR for that matter) has ever done that is even remotely in the same league as "Master of Puppets", "...And Justice For All", or "the Black album". if you want to see a 'joke', go watch the music video for Megadeth's "Hangar 18" and have a good laugh.

Mustaine got fired for picking a fight with Hetfield and begged Metallica to take him back. and to this day he's so bitter that he can't do an interview without trying to rag on Metallica in a dumb attempt to make himself feel better, so obviously he still takes them seriously.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I don't care if it's "riff writer" or "metal guitarist", Mustaine or no one from Megadeth can hold a candle to Metallica. now over the past decade, I would agree that Metallica have become somewhat of a parody, but there is NOTHING that Megadeth (or GnR for that matter) has ever done that is even remotely in the same league as "Master of Puppets", "...And Justice For All", or "the Black album". if you want to see a 'joke', go watch the music video for Megadeth's "Hangar 18" and have a good laugh.

Mustaine got fired for picking a fight with Hetfield and begged Metallica to take him back. and to this day he's so bitter that he can't do an interview without trying to rag on Metallica in a dumb attempt to make himself feel better, so obviously he still takes them seriously.

It was only a matter of time before this thread got hijacked....

Mustaine taught those pansies the very style they used to create all those albums in the 80s.... he WROTE Kill em All for fuck sakes!!

his attention to detail in his rhythm is beyond anything metallica (or you) can conceive.. he can do the ass clenching tapping solos that they are known for but its his timing of when he does it that is key.

not to mention he sings the whole time while doing all of this..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:

Mustaine taught those pansies the very style they used to create all those albums in the 80s.... he WROTE Kill em All for fuck sakes!!

his attention to detail in his rhythm is beyond anything metallica (or you) can conceive.. he can do the ass clenching tapping solos that they are known for but its his timing of when he does it that is key.

He did not teach them the style. He answered an add placed by Lars and James.

He did cowrite Kill Em All and some of Ride the Lightning but was fired for being a druggie douche before Kill Em All was released.

You can prefer Megadeath all you want but don't give Mustaine credit for Metallica's success.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
    He did not teach them the style. He answered an add placed by Lars and James.

He did cowrite Kill Em All and some of Ride the Lightning but was fired for being a druggie douche before Kill Em All was released.

You can prefer Megadeath all you want but don't give Mustaine credit for Metallica's success.

I see so because he responded to their ad discredits the style he had already mastered? They were ALL partying like crazy.. they would be hypocrites for only kicking him out because of drug problems.. there was more to that picture.. involving their girlfriends and their dogs.. lol

anyways... i truly do think he was enough of an influence on them that there might not be any of the great metallica albums of the 80s if he never came around.

Rust In Peace to me is the definite album of that whole sound... so in the end I think he proved himself able to hold a candle to fucking metallica... sheesh. Of course if we go by record sales thats a totally different story that i really dont give a shit about.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    I see so because he responded to their ad discredits the style he had already mastered? They were ALL partying like crazy.. they would be hypocrites for only kicking him out because of drug problems.. there was more to that picture.. involving their girlfriends and their dogs.. lol

anyways... i truly do think he was enough of an influence on them that there might not be any of the great metallica albums of the 80s if he never came around.

Rust In Peace to me is the definite album of that whole sound... so in the end I think he proved himself able to hold a candle to fucking metallica... sheesh. Of course if we go by record sales thats a totally different story that i really dont give a shit about.

The douche part is in reference to the dog thing and with claiming he porked Kirk Hammits girlfriend. Mustaine also had issues with members of Pantera and with some of his ex Megadeath band mates. So he is constantly rubbing people the wrong way.

I think the guy is very talented and deserves SOME credit for developing Metallica's sound, but not as much as I think you want to give him credit for.

By Success I meant the quality of the records not with the amount sold.

Of course this thread is called Slash Sucks but I'm not posting about that because that is laughable.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
    bharQ wrote:

Mustaine taught them something? lol. aside from the 3 most recent albums, "Kill em All" was their worst. he was well gone before they created their 3 masterpieces. "Ride the Lightning" was a good album, but it was more of a buffer between Mustaine's shit and the 3 masterpieces that were to follow.

I couldn't give a shit about ass clenching tapping solos, I care about whether or not a song is great. and yeah, Megadeth had a few great SONGS, but Metallica had a few great ALBUMS full of great songs, so that's a big difference. and I also wouldn't call what he does "singing" either.
    well we've drifted away from the whole "slash sucking" thing and long hijacked this thread haha.. but you have really drifted off.. I am talking about amazing guitar playing and songwriting as far as riffs go.. it seems you are just talking about catchy metal songs all together. That I will admit would be metallica's forte... thus their gigantic wanker fan base :)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    well we've drifted away from the whole "slash sucking" thing and long hijacked this thread haha.. but you have really drifted off.. I am talking about amazing guitar playing and songwriting as far as riffs go.. it seems you are just talking about catchy metal songs all together. That I will admit would be metallica's forte... thus their gigantic wanker fan base :)

yeah, I guess I'm a wanker then. though I really never use the term wanker, it reminds me of someone who is a "jackoff", and that reminds me more of Mustaine than Metallica. someone that sits there and "jacks off" their guitar with a bunch of dumb boring solos rather than worrying about how good a song can be. and 2 of my favorite Metallica songs are "Battery" and "Harvester of Sorrow", which are 2 pretty damn brutal songs, so it's not just "catchy metal songs" that I like Metallica for, it's GOOD metal songs.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    , and that reminds me more of Mustaine than Metallica. someone that sits there and "jacks off" their guitar with a bunch of dumb boring solos rather than worrying about how good a song can be

i can't tell you how electrifying mustaine's semen was... you wouldn't understand unless you seen him play live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:

Proud to be a wanker in that case.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • except for that fact that producers wrote his solo's note for note

that actually isnt true of most of slashs material. A lot of his stuff was written in the bands apartment when there were no producers around. Like sweet child. Perhaps he had an off nite when you saw them - im sure it happens to everybody
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • MLC2006 wrote:

ever heard of a little album called appetite for destruction? far superior to anything that Metallica has spit out of their money grubbing hands. Mustaine got fired because he was the only one that had the balls to stand up to hetfield and the rest of the losers in metallic. If your basing your judgement of music on what a music video looks like, then youve got a problem. Music should be heard not seen, so who the hell cares what the hangar 18 video "looks like" - it sounds fuckin sick.

Not sure how to double quote yet but somebody earlier on this thread said they didnt know how people like pearl jam but not metallica - umm are you serious? The absurdity of that comparison makes me laugh. When was the last time metallica made anything with the muscical and lyrical geniousness of an "off he goes" or "man of the hour" - ya never. Not only are the 2 bands completely different musically, but their music ideologies are about as far off as they come also. Pearl Jam plays for the music - metallica plays for the money. And dont give me that "stealing" bullshit either. The fact is that bands make most their money off touring and murchandising anyway - most of the record sales money goes to labels and BS like that.

• bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    bharQ wrote:
    soulless 80s wanker comes to mind when i think of slash... Dean Deleo should be the one with legendary status.. yet he's so underrated.. jazz trained and plays with so much feeling. we need STP back!!

I am in total agreement with you !!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • ever heard of a little album called appetite for destruction? far superior to anything that Metallica has spit out of their money grubbing hands. Mustaine got fired because he was the only one that had the balls to stand up to hetfield and the rest of the losers in metallic. If your basing your judgement of music on what a music video looks like, then youve got a problem. Music should be heard not seen, so who the hell cares what the hangar 18 video "looks like" - it sounds fuckin sick.

Not sure how to double quote yet but somebody earlier on this thread said they didnt know how people like pearl jam but not metallica - umm are you serious? The absurdity of that comparison makes me laugh. When was the last time metallica made anything with the muscical and lyrical geniousness of an "off he goes" or "man of the hour" - ya never. Not only are the 2 bands completely different musically, but their music ideologies are about as far off as they come also. Pearl Jam plays for the music - metallica plays for the money. And dont give me that "stealing" bullshit either. The fact is that bands make most their money off touring and murchandising anyway - most of the record sales money goes to labels and BS like that.

What an angry littel man.

It was me that compared Metallica and PJ , twinkie.

Now, I like "Man of the Hour", but I would hardly call a C, G, F chord progression on acoustic musical genius.
    No Leaf Clover, The Unforgiven easily compare in lyrical quality, and much as I love PJ, they have honestly never written anything to top "One" for musical brilliance, lyrical quality, or anti-war punch. "Even Flow" is a great song about mental illnes, but so is "Welcome Home Sanitarium"
    "Mama Said" and Until It Sleeps" are Metallica's "Release", and Ronnie" is their "Jeremy".
    Sure their musical approach is different, but they are bnoth guirtar bands, and the results are equally great.
    bharQ wrote:
    i can't tell you how electrifying mustaine's semen was... you wouldn't understand unless you seen him play live

I could go see him play live if I want. they're playing at the House of Blues here. it holds about 1800 people, should be about half full.
    Pearl Jam plays for the music - metallica plays for the money.

I'd like to hear your explanation of this, because you can download Metallica shows FOR FREE off their website. Pearl Jam charges for their live shows. so it honestly sounds like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to calling someone money grubbers.

"Appetite For Destruction" was a good album, but it was nowhere close to the 3 great Metallica albums that I mentioned. who said I judge music by the videos? this forum is called "MUSICIANS AND GEARHEADS", I find Metallica to be better all around than Megadeth.
  • ".....he [Slash] spent hours with Clink, paring down and structuring his solos until they were as catchy as the vocal melodies"

Nothing like capturing a vibe right on the spot huh?
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    ".....he [Slash] spent hours with Clink, paring down and structuring his solos until they were as catchy as the vocal melodies"

Nothing like capturing a vibe right on the spot huh?

So you'd rather have solos that weren't as good on the album? Live performance is where the improvisation should be.... but on album cuts, they might as well try and make it as good as possible, even if that means working on it for a while.

Something tells me Page didn't nail the Stairway solo on his first take.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • What an angry littel man.

It was me that compared Metallica and PJ , twinkie.

Now, I like "Man of the Hour", but I would hardly call a C, G, F chord progression on acoustic musical genius.
    No Leaf Clover, The Unforgiven easily compare in lyrical quality, and much as I love PJ, they have honestly never written anything to top "One" for musical brilliance, lyrical quality, or anti-war punch. "Even Flow" is a great song about mental illnes, but so is "Welcome Home Sanitarium"
    "Mama Said" and Until It Sleeps" are Metallica's "Release", and Ronnie" is their "Jeremy".
    Sure their musical approach is different, but they are bnoth guirtar bands, and the results are equally great.

In your opinion then a song has to have a tough guitar line to play in order to be considered a good song mucially. Isnt it funny how most of the greatest guitar riffs of all time are the simplest to play. Iron Man, Smoke on the Water, Highway to Hell - things like that. A song can be simple and still be great. And Hetfield isnt half the lyricist the Vedder is, nor will he ever be.

I actually like a lot of metallicas music - i hate the people in the band, but i would be lying if i said i didnt like the music. And yes, One is a sick song. But as far as musical talent goes they just arent that good. Ulrich is the most repetitve drummer i have ever heard, hetfield sings every song the exact same, and Kirk Hemmet really isnt that great of a metal guitarist. Not to mention metallic hasnt put out anything in the past decade and a half worth listening to.

• MLC2006 wrote:
    I'd like to hear your explanation of this, because you can download Metallica shows FOR FREE off their website. Pearl Jam charges for their live shows. so it honestly sounds like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to calling someone money grubbers.

"Appetite For Destruction" was a good album, but it was nowhere close to the 3 great Metallica albums that I mentioned. who said I judge music by the videos? this forum is called "MUSICIANS AND GEARHEADS", I find Metallica to be better all around than Megadeth.

O i dont know perhaps metallica tiresome efforts and lawsuits aimed at taking thier music away from fans who wanted to download it. Remeber the hole napster thing? As i said before, bands hardly make any money off record sales so why metallica would go though all this and alienat thousands of true fans because of it is beyond me. I didnt know u can download their shows for free - but its pretty obvious that if you can they are only trying to reverse the damage they didn in the court of public opinion. Maybe they finally realised that they have enough money.

You were saying that if you wanted a good laugh, you should watch the Hangar 18 video - my point was just that the quality of the song shouldnt be judged by a video (metallicas video for whiskey in the jar is one of the worst ive ever seen but i wont judge the song by a video) - thats whats wrong with the music industry today. You dont have to talent anymore if your band looks good on a video that can be run thru MTV 100 times an hour. I just get annoyed when i hear people discussing a video as if its the way to hear the music.

O i dont know perhaps metallica tiresome efforts and lawsuits aimed at taking thier music away from fans who wanted to download it. Remeber the hole napster thing? As i said before, bands hardly make any money off record sales so why metallica would go though all this and alienat thousands of true fans because of it is beyond me. I didnt know u can download their shows for free - but its pretty obvious that if you can they are only trying to reverse the damage they didn in the court of public opinion. Maybe they finally realised that they have enough money.

You were saying that if you wanted a good laugh, you should watch the Hangar 18 video - my point was just that the quality of the song shouldnt be judged by a video (metallicas video for whiskey in the jar is one of the worst ive ever seen but i wont judge the song by a video) - thats whats wrong with the music industry today. You dont have to talent anymore if your band looks good on a video that can be run thru MTV 100 times an hour. I just get annoyed when i hear people discussing a video as if its the way to hear the music.

listen, Lars is a douche, I'll be the first to agree with that. but Hetfield, Hammett, and their various bassists all seem to be ok. I liked being able to download songs for free, but I can see someone's point...it costs money to make an album, so why should somebody be able to download it for free? but whether it's a pr move or not, downloading the live shows for free is a very cool move. and it's not just new shows, it's old shows all the way back to the 80s.

but if you're going to talk about douchey lawsuits, how about PJ's pointless suit against ticketmaster? the only reason Ticketmaster even exists is for lazy people to be able to order tix over the phone instead going to the box office. I've never once paid a Ticketmaster charge and I've been to over 50 shows.

if you're going to make Metallica out to be a bunch of money grubbing douchebags, then make sure PJ aren't guilty of the very same things.

somebody said Metallica is a joke, I said a joke would be Megadeth's music video. there. for the record, Mustaine is a fine guitarist and Megadeth has had some good songs. they just ain't got shit on Metallica, that's all. and GnR was a completely different style of rock from Metallica, but I don't feel that GnR can hold a candle to Metallica either.
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    listen, Lars is a douche, I'll be the first to agree with that. but Hetfield, Hammett, and their various bassists all seem to be ok. I liked being able to download songs for free, but I can see someone's point...it costs money to make an album, so why should somebody be able to download it for free? but whether it's a pr move or not, downloading the live shows for free is a very cool move. and it's not just new shows, it's old shows all the way back to the 80s.

but if you're going to talk about douchey lawsuits, how about PJ's pointless suit against ticketmaster? the only reason Ticketmaster even exists is for lazy people to be able to order tix over the phone instead going to the box office. I've never once paid a Ticketmaster charge and I've been to over 50 shows.

if you're going to make Metallica out to be a bunch of money grubbing douchebags, then make sure PJ aren't guilty of the very same things.

somebody said Metallica is a joke, I said a joke would be Megadeth's music video. there. for the record, Mustaine is a fine guitarist and Megadeth has had some good songs. they just ain't got shit on Metallica, that's all. and GnR was a completely different style of rock from Metallica, but I don't feel that GnR can hold a candle to Metallica either.

I do agree comparing GNR to metallica is apples and oranges, as is basically every comparison in music. Its all personal preference

Back to the ticketmaster thing - i agree it was basically pointless for PJ to do that but they did it in an attempt to LOWER ticket prices, so im not sure how that makes them money grubbing - if anything it was an attempt for them to lose money because as ive said, the majority of a bands profit comes from touring and murchandising. - and whether you think you have or not, everything orders on ticketmaster comes with a processing fee and a convieninece charge. For my PJ ticket last year i ended up paying almost 60 dollars for a 47 dollar ticket once ticketmaster added in their 12 dollar charges. For more expensive concerts, the fees go up. Hell ticketmaster even charges me 6 dollars a ticket processing fee for a Dodgers ticket. If you looked closely when you ordered your tickets you will see that ticketmaster does in fact rack up the pointless fees. Convienience fee for me to print out a ticket? Cmon now

• In your opinion then a song has to have a tough guitar line to play in order to be considered a good song mucially. Isnt it funny how most of the greatest guitar riffs of all time are the simplest to play. Iron Man, Smoke on the Water, Highway to Hell - things like that. A song can be simple and still be great. And Hetfield isnt half the lyricist the Vedder is, nor will he ever be.

I actually like a lot of metallicas music - i hate the people in the band, but i would be lying if i said i didnt like the music. And yes, One is a sick song. But as far as musical talent goes they just arent that good. Ulrich is the most repetitve drummer i have ever heard, hetfield sings every song the exact same, and Kirk Hemmet really isnt that great of a metal guitarist. Not to mention metallic hasnt put out anything in the past decade and a half worth listening to.

I did not say that at all. The intro to No Leaf Clover is as gentle as as Man of the Hour, and the beginning of One is so simple you could use it for a first guitar lesson, as I do the intro to Nothing Else Matters.
    So, really, you do like Metallica's music, and you join the set of people who like both, rather than the set who like PJ but not Metallica.
    Ed is a way better vocalist, and his strength is in his lyrics, but James is a better guitarist and riff-writer.
    I was not trying to make a competion out of it, exactly the opposite in fact.
    Kirk is a great guitarist, has tremendous variety in his solos and gtreat feel and tone. He was also one of the very few players to have more than one solo in the "Greatest 100 solos" in a recent magazine list. Hendrix and GIlmour were the only other 2 from memory.
    I do agree comparing GNR to metallica is apples and oranges, as is basically every comparison in music. Its all personal preference

Back to the ticketmaster thing - i agree it was basically pointless for PJ to do that but they did it in an attempt to LOWER ticket prices, so im not sure how that makes them money grubbing - if anything it was an attempt for them to lose money because as ive said, the majority of a bands profit comes from touring and murchandising. - and whether you think you have or not, everything orders on ticketmaster comes with a processing fee and a convieninece charge. For my PJ ticket last year i ended up paying almost 60 dollars for a 47 dollar ticket once ticketmaster added in their 12 dollar charges. For more expensive concerts, the fees go up. Hell ticketmaster even charges me 6 dollars a ticket processing fee for a Dodgers ticket. If you looked closely when you ordered your tickets you will see that ticketmaster does in fact rack up the pointless fees. Convienience fee for me to print out a ticket? Cmon now

that's why I don't "order" tickets, I go straight to the venue and stand in line and pay 0.00. if I go to a show on a road trip and have no other choice but to order, then I deal with the surcharge. they charge you for the convenience of not having to stand in line or drive to the venue. it was an altogether dumb lawsuit on PJ's part.
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    that's why I don't "order" tickets, I go straight to the venue and stand in line and pay 0.00. if I go to a show on a road trip and have no other choice but to order, then I deal with the surcharge. they charge you for the convenience of not having to stand in line or drive to the venue. it was an altogether dumb lawsuit on PJ's part.

as i said i agree that it was dumb because there was no way in hell they were going to win - but the fact that they sued to LOWER tickets hardly puts them in the same money grubbing category as Metallica - almost as opposite as you can get in fact

• I did not say that at all. The intro to No Leaf Clover is as gentle as as Man of the Hour, and the beginning of One is so simple you could use it for a first guitar lesson, as I do the intro to Nothing Else Matters.
    So, really, you do like Metallica's music, and you join the set of people who like both, rather than the set who like PJ but not Metallica.
    Ed is a way better vocalist, and his strength is in his lyrics, but James is a better guitarist and riff-writer.
    I was not trying to make a competion out of it, exactly the opposite in fact.
    Kirk is a great guitarist, has tremendous variety in his solos and gtreat feel and tone. He was also one of the very few players to have more than one solo in the "Greatest 100 solos" in a recent magazine list. Hendrix and GIlmour were the only other 2 from memory.

Well i think that goes without saying that Hetfield is a better guitarist and riff writer then ed because ed isnt really a guitar player. I would argue tho that stone is a better riff writer then hetfield is. Im not trying to argue or make a competition either - just giving my opinion for what its worth.

I hate looking at magazine lists when it comes to guitarists - ever since i saw Johnny Ramone and Kirk Cobain in the top 20 greatest guitarist list put out by rolling stone when Zappa was 45th, Johnny Winter was 74th, and John Petrucci failed to make the list period. Ive never really given any thought into magazine lists since that abysmal list.

• Well i think that goes without saying that Hetfield is a better guitarist and riff writer then ed because ed isnt really a guitar player. I would argue tho that stone is a better riff writer then hetfield is. Im not trying to argue or make a competition either - just giving my opinion for what its worth.

I hate looking at magazine lists when it comes to guitarists - ever since i saw Johnny Ramone and Kirk Cobain in the top 20 greatest guitarist list put out by rolling stone when Zappa was 45th, Johnny Winter was 74th, and John Petrucci failed to make the list period. Ive never really given any thought into magazine lists since that abysmal list.

I always put STone and James in with Keef as hte three best riff writers of all time.
    Tihs list was actually pretty credible, one of the better guitar mags, Guitar World , I think.
    Ed is not really a dedicated guitarist, but he does sepnd a lot of time on big stages playing, just like James does songing, even though it is not his strength. They both do a pretty good job though, despite that.

And Slash does not suck !!
  • well before reading this i would have said
    he doesnt suck but just isnt innovative and i dont respect him at all for some of the stuff he pulls

but after reading that yeaah ok he sucks lol
    you can learn to bends, hammers ons, pull offs whatever but you cant learn how to create your own sound and be different.
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World