Options

This Pre-Sale is for current Pearl Jam Ten Club Members Only. Tickets not for Re-Sale

13»

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Allie wrote:
    :eek:
    no no no,
    Roy's is way better than KFC

Arby's has tasty roast beef,
    there's one in the Manhattan Mall

at the risk of thread integrity, so do you have nose bleed seats too??

arby's is shut down, they're renovating the whole mall. and back to the topic i have section 313, which is fine.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    arby's is shut down, they're renovating the whole mall. and back to the topic i have section 313, which is fine.

cool
    Night 1 or 2?

and they are? Since when? D'oh. I love that place. they give out little food samples in the food court.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    NYbenben wrote:
    should have had to put in a 10c number as the password.... then have it checked against tix that were already sold to those members...
    would have been more work, but its really a way that 10c members that already got tix, dont get additional ones... and keeps scalpers out of the loop as well.

I totally agree! I absolutely think you should have had to submit your membership # in order to purchase... it would have stopped scalpers and all the non-members who got the password from other sites... unfortunately 10c don't have this sort of power over Ticketmaster.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Allie wrote:
    cool
    Night 1 or 2?

and they are? Since when? D'oh. I love that place. they give out little food samples in the food court.

night one and a since a few weeks ago.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    rubi76 wrote:

Get_right, am I wrong if I say that the Ten Club got us used to better seats in the Garden? So I don't agree with your statement 'no one knows how seats are distributed'. Riot Act tour all fan club seats (or 90%) were floor seats.

you are not wrong about that, but I will let you know after I pick up my 10C seats if they are better this year. They should be much better in theory.

But things happen to be VERY different in the concert industry 5 years later.
    A lot more 10C members after avocado and a lot fewer tickets available due to TMs need to try and capture the secondary ticket market and every nickel from consumers.

I was not on the floor by the way for 03 and I think most of the loge sections were 10C members in 03 as well-remember there were a LOT of 10c fans there those nights. Different story this time around.

and as far as knowledge of allocations go, I do believe there is only a small group of people that broker the concert who know exactly what the ticket allocations are. The promoter, the 10C, the garden and TM. Perhaps the record label if concert grosses are part of a contract (not sure if J records has that kind of deal with PJ-I doubt it)

what I meant by that was that none of us here REALLY know the facts about it. We have our own beliefs based upon what we have experienced.
  • Options
    rubi76rubi76 Posts: 20
    Get_Right wrote:

what I meant by that was that none of us here REALLY know the facts about it. We have our own beliefs based upon what we have experienced.

Agreed.
    Album sales went down, TM greedyness went up, Bands make money only from concerts.
    Madonna signed a deal w/ Livenation based on concerts, not on albums sales.
    I still think that someone could sue TM based on the fact that they make tickets available to scalpers before they are available to the general public.
    Scalpers sellling online print the tickets by themselves the day they are sold, and no one says anything.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    rubi76 wrote:
    Agreed.
    Album sales went down, TM greedyness went up, Bands make money only from concerts.
    Madonna signed a deal w/ Livenation based on concerts, not on albums sales.
    I still think that someone could sue TM based on the fact that they make tickets available to scalpers before they are available to the general public.
    Scalpers sellling online print the tickets by themselves the day they are sold, and no one says anything.

c my response in the other thread.

But scalpers get tix in a variety of ways.

Most of them directly from people that are guaranteed access to tickets no matter what. They have standing orders-gimme 10 for the rangers, 10 for the foos, and 10 for the big east tourney, that kind of thing-which they flip to brokers.

I personally know two people that have that kind of access and could make it profitable if they really wanted to atake advantage of it. Now if 1000 people around the country with that kind of access truly exploited it, TM would have a lot less to sell. Thats is a big part of what is happening with TM. But see my other thread.

FYI-no beef with you, just a healthy exchange of ideas regarding this whole process IMHO
  • Options
    Total frustration!! But there are tix for sale on e-bay and the like!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    thing is, if 10c only got 2000 for the 10c sale, and the TM presale was really the next best seats..then there should have been 100s and 200s nearer the stage no? (all the ones I've seen mentioned are right opposite the stage). mathematically speaking.
    even the scalpers don't seem to have got any better (looking briefly at the 20 million already on eBay :mad: ).

so either 10c had more than 2000, or TM withheld better seats than the ones that were just sold.

I mean looks that way.

just tried calling Ticketmaster twice to discuss this issue of "best available seats." I recieved an email that told me that the seats would be next best behind orig. 10c seats. I am in the last row of the 300 section, hardly the best seats still available. Twice they were rude to me while discussing this matter and once the supervisor even hung up on me. I was on my best behavior as yelling at people on the phone is not my style nor effective. They basically told me "tough luck" not all tickets are allocated for a presale. When I brought up my received email they could give a shit.

here is what my email said:
    This pre-sale will be conducted by Ticketmaster.com, not the Ten Club,
    and the seats will not be allocated by seniority, but will be first
    come, first serve - while supplies last. The seat locations will be the
    next best seats behind the Ten Club. Two tickets per member/per show.
    Ticket sales are limited.

next best seats? I got sec 310 row O (that's the last row of the section)

I am sure that someone tomorrow will get a better seat then me.

don't get me wrong I am excited to be going but I am frustrated with crappy business practices. I say Pearl Jam should boycott ticketmaster again.
  • Options
    next best seats? I got sec 310 row O (that's the last row of the section)

I am sure that someone tomorrow will get a better seat then me.

yup...there will definitely be better seats tomorrow. you didn't HAVE to buy them...you should have waited. oh, well...live and learn.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    don't get me wrong I am excited to be going but I am frustrated with crappy business practices. I say Pearl Jam should boycott ticketmaster again.

I'm with you (well, in section 314). I honestly don't think it's ticketmaster's fault. 10c simply should have clarified that this was a regular presale, where notoriously there are a variety of seats available, and not "next best after 10c".
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I'm with you (well, in section 314). I honestly don't think it's ticketmaster's fault. 10c simply should have clarified that this was a regular presale, where notoriously there are a variety of seats available, and not "next best after 10c".

That is a good point. I assumed the ten club was giving us the best info it had up to that point,as they usually do in my experience, hence I put the blame on ticketmaster for misleading all of us.

I am excited to be there nonetheless. PJ at MSG should be hard to fuck up even from the nosebleeds. After all I am the bloodpisser!!!