Options

This Pre-Sale is for current Pearl Jam Ten Club Members Only. Tickets not for Re-Sale

PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Kat must have given Ticketmaster this text to put on the MSG purchase page, cause Ticketmaster has never been that pleasant.

"This Pre-Sale is for current Pearl Jam Ten Club Members Only. Tickets not for Re-Sale. Good Luck and Enjoy"

:D
This weekend we rock Portland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    "tickets not for resale?" i got shut out but am wondering how they can even enforce that statement...

sounds like bs to me, unfortunately :(
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    You know the scalpers' ticket buying programs were humming.

I hope 10C tries the members' e-mail addresses as the passwords next time.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    rubi76rubi76 Posts: 20
    As a devoted PJ fan I have to come to the conclusion and both Ticket Bastard and PJ are making fun of us.

From noon till now I have been trying to get tickets for msg 2.... first I get a wait of 12 minutes, after not hitting the browser i get a 'sorry tickets not available' message.
    I spent the next half an hour typing wacky tonishment - 21 pregnant - madrid colonials - chalkocsky sky - and all the stupid phrases that should prevent scalpers from getting multiple tickets (gimme a break....)
    and no luck.
    At about 12 29 i receive offers for SECTION 314. That's the last section on top, slightly behind the stage. Do they really think I have been a fan for almost 2 decades to sit there?
    What about the ten club promise 'seats right behind fan club members' ?
    How come pearljam.com cannot handle more than 300 people logged in at the same time (I don't think they sold 8000 available fan club tickets in 30 mins with the real presale....) ?
    How come this second presale cannot be done on pearljam.com where scalpers cannot buy multiple tickets ?
    (don't be naive and think that 'gardenofsea' was exclusive for us.... by now scalpers sign up for the ten fan club and go do their multipple orders as well).
    The cherry on the cake:
    enjoy stubhub's website that had tickets for sale before the ten club presale, and still does plenty, including from tenclub members, up to $ 19,000 per ticket.
    http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-tickets/?event_id=602928
    Not even the dignity to post these after tickets go on sale to the general public.

Sorry for the complain, but they actually managed to make more pissed than before, which I never thought could be possible.
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    As a devoted PJ fan I have to come to the conclusion and both Ticket Bastard and PJ are making fun of us.

From noon till now I have been trying to get tickets for msg 2.... first I get a wait of 12 minutes, after not hitting the browser i get a 'sorry tickets not available' message.
    I spent the next half an hour typing wacky tonishment - 21 pregnant - madrid colonials - chalkocsky sky - and all the stupid phrases that should prevent scalpers from getting multiple tickets (gimme a break....)
    and no luck.
    At about 12 29 i receive offers for SECTION 314. That's the last section on top, slightly behind the stage. Do they really think I have been a fan for almost 2 decades to sit there?
    How come pearljam.com cannot handle more than 300 people logged in at the same time (I don't think they sold 8000 available fan club tickets in 30 mins with the real presale....) ?
    How come this second presale cannot be done on pearljam.com where scalpers cannot buy multiple tickets ?
    (don't be naive and think that 'gardenofsea' was exclusive for us.... by now scalpers sign up for the ten fan club and go do their multipple orders as well).
    The cherry on the cake:
    enjoy stubhub's website that had tickets for sale before the ten club presale, and still does plenty, including from tenclub members, up to $ 19,000 per ticket.
    Not even the dignity to post these after tickets go on sale to the general public.

Sorry for the complain, but they actually managed to make more pissed than before, which I never thought could be possible.

the brokers have software that bypasses the word verification to cut in front of everyone and gobble up all the tickets.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    Ticketmaster currently limits allocation for fan clubs to 10% of capacity, so that would be about 2,000 seats per show if 10club couldn't get TM to bend on that rule, not 8,000.

And 10club did the best they could by getting TM to allow this second presale...if tix went into the hands of scalpers...you can blame some of your fellow club members who gave away (or more egregiously sold) the password. 10club didn't post the password for sale on ebay, don't get angry with them, they tried.

And you guys are missing the point of this thread, there's plenty of other threads to grouse in, this one is to chuckle at the "Good luck and enjoy", which is clearly not Ticketmaster standard text.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    And you guys are missing the point of this thread, there's plenty of other threads to grouse in, this one is to chuckle at the "Good luck and enjoy", which is clearly not Ticketmaster standard text.
    i enjoyed that. now if only they called us "luvs" or threw in an "xo". :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Poncier wrote:
    Ticketmaster currently limits allocation for fan clubs to 10% of capacity, so that would be about 2,000 seats per show if 10club couldn't get TM to bend on that rule, not 8,000.

And 10club did the best they could by getting TM to allow this second presale...if tix went into the hands of scalpers...you can blame some of your fellow club members who gave away (or more egregiously sold) the password. 10club didn't post the password for sale on ebay, don't get angry with them, they tried.

thing is, if 10c only got 2000 for the 10c sale, and the TM presale was really the next best seats..then there should have been 100s and 200s nearer the stage no? (all the ones I've seen mentioned are right opposite the stage). mathematically speaking.
    even the scalpers don't seem to have got any better (looking briefly at the 20 million already on eBay :mad: ).

so either 10c had more than 2000, or TM withheld better seats than the ones that were just sold.

I mean looks that way.
  • Options
    BONCIER:
    do you really think that scalpers are not tenclub members as well?
    Password don't need to be sold on ebay you just need 15 bucks a year.
    1 scalper with password and the right software gets more tickets than all of us in this thread.
    On top of that, don't you guys know that Ticket Bastard already has agreement with scalpers? it's mathematically impossible that scalpers get always the top seats in every event, TM gives it to them at a higher price than face value.
    Obviously that is impossible to prove...
    Still i wonder how come no one sues ticketmaster for selling to stubhub BEFORE tickets go on sale to general public.
    That would make a good case.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    thing is, if 10c only got 2000 for the 10c sale, and the TM presale was really the next best seats..then there should have been 100s and 200s nearer the stage no? (all the ones I've seen mentioned are right opposite the stage). mathematically speaking.
    even the scalpers don't seem to have got any better (looking briefly at the 20 million already on eBay :mad: ).

so either 10c had more than 2000, or TM withheld better seats than the ones that were just sold.

I mean looks that way.
    I'm quite sure the Garden and the promoters get their hands on quite a few prime seats as well for VIP's and such. You don't expect Michael Bloomberg, Bernie Goetz and Isiah Thomas to shell out 20 bucks to 10club to sit up close do you?
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    BONCIER:
    do you really think that scalpers are not tenclub members as well?
    Password don't need to be sold on ebay you just need 15 bucks a year.
    1 scalper with password and the right software gets more tickets than all of us in this thread.
    On top of that, don't you guys know that Ticket Bastard already has agreement with scalpers? it's mathematically impossible that scalpers get always the top seats in every event, TM gives it to them at a higher price than face value.
    Obviously that is impossible to prove...
    Still i wonder how come no one sues ticketmaster for selling to stubhub BEFORE tickets go on sale to general public.
    That would make a good case.
    A.Get the name right...if thats an intended insult its against forum rules.
    2.I'm sure some brokers/scalpers have 10c memberships, as they have to lots of fan clubs...goes with the territory. 1 scalper with the password can still only buy 2 tickets.

You are expressing displeasure with 10club, I think its misdirected anger. They could have done nothing, but arranged for this added presale so you and others had some shot before the public onsale. They never guaranteed you seats, in fact the email said:
    Ticket sales are limited

They tried, and did more for New Yorkers than for others, yet you and others still complain.

And one tip...you must not often buy tickets through Ticketmaster when a popular on sale is happening...if you get a wait time of 12 minutes...go back and start again rather than wait the 12 minutes, don't believe everything you read on a Ticketmaster page, you would have likely got a 2 or 3 minute wait on your next attempt.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Pegasus wrote:

I mean looks that way.

only a very few people in this world know the exact allocations-and they are sworn to secrecy under contract.

There is a large number of tickets, on the floor, in the 100s, 200s and 300s that will not be available through ANY ON SALE. C'mon people. Do you really think the 10c got ALL of the best seats in the house for the 10C and Tm presale? They didnt.

If clive davis' grandson decides at the last minute that he wants to go to the show, do you think he can get a decent ticket on the day of the show?

He can. Very easily. Where do those come from? Think about it. And this is NYC, more tickets are given to the media here than in any other market.

without question, the fewest number of seats are available to the public at MSG
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    rubi76 wrote:

So let me get this straight, you GOT a ticket but it wasn't good enough for you?

I am so over how people think their $25 gives them a sense of entitlement. They gave you a chance to buy tickets ahead of time, and you got one. What more do you want, a personal invitation engraved by all members of the band? Honestly.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i enjoyed that. now if only they called us "luvs" or threw in an "xo". :)
    Thank you for understanding the thread.
  • Options
    Dear Poncier:
    sorry for getting the name wrong, not an insult.
    my humble thoughts, after getting no tickets:
    -on ticketmaster presale, 1 scalper with the password can buy as many tickets as they want.
    -I love the 10 club, i am expressing displeasure in the fact that:
    1. their website cannot possibly accomodate all fans trying to buy msg tickets (spent 1 hour on it with no luck) so they should ve tried to get more tickets for this event, or made just one night only for fans, all of MSG.
    This is New York, and they know how many fan clubs are here.
    I still love them, but the fact that they pushed TM to have a presale PROVES that they knew they got it all wrong.
    2. they told us that the tickets on sale today were behind regular seats. Section 200s and 300s is way behind regular seats.

One last thing: please don't preach on Ticketmaster's website and 'believing everything i see'. I know they are thieves so your advise on how to deal with thieves is not worth much.

Thanks.

Poncier wrote:
    A.Get the name right...if thats an intended insult its against forum rules.
    2.I'm sure some brokers/scalpers have 10c memberships, as they have to lots of fan clubs...goes with the territory. 1 scalper with the password can still only buy 2 tickets.

You are expressing displeasure with 10club, I think its misdirected anger. They could have done nothing, but arranged for this added presale so you and others had some shot before the public onsale. They never guaranteed you seats, in fact the email said:

They tried, and did more for New Yorkers than for others, yet you and others still complain.

And one tip...you must not often buy tickets through Ticketmaster when a popular on sale is happening...if you get a wait time of 12 minutes...go back and start again rather than wait the 12 minutes, don't believe everything you read on a Ticketmaster page, you would have likely got a 2 or 3 minute wait on your next attempt.
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    So let me get this straight, you GOT a ticket but it wasn't good enough for you?

I am so over how people think their $25 gives them a sense of entitlement. They gave you a chance to buy tickets ahead of time, and you got one. What more do you want, a personal invitation engraved by all members of the band? Honestly.

I got no ticket, I tried both tenclub presale and TM.
    I could ve gotten section 314 slightly behind the stage, last row. Sorry but I'd rather stay home.
    I don't think 25 gives me a sense of entitlement. I think that when I see good seats sold on stubhub before tenclub members I get pissed.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Poncier wrote:
    I'm quite sure the Garden and the promoters get their hands on quite a few prime seats as well for VIP's and such. You don't expect Michael Bloomberg, Bernie Goetz and Isiah Thomas to shell out 20 bucks to 10club to sit up close do you?

Hell, they wouldn't even let Isiah Thomas in the building these days ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    Dear Poncier:
    -on ticketmaster presale, 1 scalper with the password can buy as many tickets as they want.
    1. their website cannot possibly accomodate all fans trying to buy msg tickets (spent 1 hour on it with no luck) so they should ve tried to get more tickets for this event, or made just one night only for fans, all of MSG.
    I still love them, but the fact that they pushed TM to have a presale PROVES that they knew they got it all wrong.
    2. they told us that the tickets on sale today were behind regular seats. Section 200s and 300s is way behind regular seats.

One last thing: please don't preach on Ticketmaster's website and 'believing everything i see'. I know they are thieves so your advise on how to deal with thieves is not worth much.

Thanks.

I believe they did the best they could. Their hands are tied as to how many seats they can reserve for 10clubbers now, it wasn't the case pre-2004. So I view today as a bona fide attempt to appease more NY fan clubbers that they were allotted tix for originally. Not a perfect system, but they did what they could. If they could convince MSG/Ticketmaster and the powers that be to give them as many seats as they need for their fan club, I'm sure they would, and you can use 2003 shows as proof, before current 10% rules were in effect.

As for the TM website, I'm just telling you from experience and a touch of "inside" knowledge that if the page puts you in queue with a wait of 12 minutes like you got, your best move is to dump out and try again rather than wait the 12 minutes.
    I don't like TM any more than the next guy, believe me...and I think that entity deserves your ire regarding the MSG shows, not 10club.
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    I was on Craigs List NYC this morning and about 5 people were selling the pre-sale password..total dick move. And I dont know how they can say "not for re-sale" they told me what seats I had and I paid for shipping, which will have the tix to my house by the end of the week...so if Iwanted to scalp them (which I dont) I could with ease....put for someone in this fan club to go on and sell the password is pretty weak
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    Dear Poncier:

Thanks.

you have no idea what you are talking about
    I dont mean that in a bad way, but you are very wrong

1. 10C onsales, for special shows, and MSG is special, the servers always crash, nothing new there. Some get tix some dont. Its really that simple. Luck of the draw. Nothing more to it. Despite the frustrations.

2. People will pick up 10c tickets only to discover they are in the 300s.
    why then was I able to get section 96 today through TM? Because the 10c gets blocks of the in each section but does NOT get ALL OF THEM nor do they get every section. There is no way to tell how its allocated. You can probably figure it out at the show, but not now. No Way.

3. TM set aside great seats for the 10C, but not all of them. There was then a presale, which was nothing special, except that I think the 10c DID make an effort to secure better than ususal seats. I have never been able to get loge seats for any pre sale, and today they were there. Thats the only thing thats unusual.

Fact of the matter is that none of us really know the deal.
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    I think that when I see good seats sold on stubhub before tenclub members I get pissed.
    But that has little to nothing to do with 10club, that comes from folks who get tix for MSG (and plenty of other venues, but MSG is highest profile) through other "connections" and bypass normal means of acquiring tix. It is magnified at MSG cause its NYC and loaded with VIP's and folks with lots of cash. There will be plenty of non 10 clubbers with great seats, and 10 club can do nothing about that, all they can do is get the best thats available to them for their members.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    But that has little to nothing to do with 10club, that comes from folks who get tix for MSG (and plenty of other venues, but MSG is highest profile) through other "connections" and bypass normal means of acquiring tix. It is magnified at MSG cause its NYC and loaded with VIP's and folks with lots of cash. There will be plenty of non 10 clubbers with great seats, and 10 club can do nothing about that, all they can do is get the best thats available to them for their members.

GREATLY MAGNIFIED at MSG, almost to the point of absurdity

and EXACTLY RIGHT
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Poncier wrote:
    1 scalper with the password can still only buy 2 tickets.

You'd make a lousy scalper, that's for sure ;)

I appreciate the opportunity to buy the tickets early, but if good tickets come up on Friday I'll be left to wonder why they told us the ones coming up today would be the best behind 10c tickets.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:

and no luck.
    The cherry on the cake:

Was "gardenofsea" your password, cuz that wasnt mine.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I have never been able to get loge seats for any pre sale, and today they were there. Thats the only thing thats unusual.

Fact of the matter is that none of us really know the deal.

You were lucky :)

And if none of us know the deal, why lead us to believe these would be the best available seats after 10c?
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    I could ve gotten section 314 slightly behind the stage, last row. Sorry but I'd rather stay home.
    well then there's your problem.
    You don't understand, if you could have gotten a ticket in Sect. 314 then you did have a chance to buy it, but you chose not to.

If you'd rather sit home then at least have the chance to be in the bldg to see one of the greatest bands in the world put on one of the greatest shows in the world, b/c the seat is not to your liking, that's your own decision, it's not that you couldn't get a ticket.
    and you said you haven't been a fan for two decades to get that seat.

Henceforth it seems to me you think being in the fan club entitles you to a better seat.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    You'd make a lousy scalper, that's for sure ;).
    OK, so he can only buy 2 tix with each credit card account at his disposal...I know their games quite well.
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

No, I want straight talk. If you tell me the seats going up for the presale will be the next best one after 10c tickets, I expect that to be the truth. I expect this presale to be different from other presales, where notoriously you often get crappy seats.

But hey, unlike ruby I took section 314, and I'll be in!!! :D
  • Options
    Was "gardenofsea" your password, cuz that wasnt mine.
    No wonder he missed out on all the floor and 100 level seats that stayed on TM for nearly 2 hours.
  • Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80
    rubi76 wrote:
    I don't think 25 gives me a sense of entitlement. I think that when I see good seats sold on stubhub before tenclub members I get pissed.

Well, you must not really have wanted to go so bad if you'd rather piss and moan in the forum for being shut out than see PJ in less than ideal seats.

To me, the choice between "shitty seats to see a PJ concert" and "sit at home" is a no brainer. Hell, I'd probably even take the shitty seats over a beautiful day playing in glassy waist-to-head high surf. Gratefully, since PJ doesn't do daytime shows, that won't ever be an issue ;)
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I expect this presale to be different from other presales, where notoriously you often get crappy seats.

But hey, unlike ruby I took section 314, and I'll be in!!! :D

sounds like Passover, how is this night different from all other nights?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!