Options

This Pre-Sale is for current Pearl Jam Ten Club Members Only. Tickets not for Re-Sale

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Allie wrote:
    sounds like Passover, how is this night different from all other nights?

Because this is what they wrote in the email to members:

The seat locations will be the next best seats behind the
    Ten Club
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    meme wrote:
    Because this is what they wrote in the email to members:

The seat locations will be the next best seats behind the
    Ten Club
    well but maybe they WERE the next best ones they could get? There's no guarantee in that statement. You don't know all the particulars. I think you're taking it way too literal and also, forgetting how many people were trying to buy tickets and all the scalpers
    maybe at the moment you got to buy your ticket, that was the next best available

I remember trying to buy tickets for Borgata online and they were literally all gone in 1 minute. I called up and they told me that.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    meme wrote:
    No, I want straight talk. If you tell me the seats going up for the presale will be the next best one after 10c tickets, I expect that to be the truth. I expect this presale to be different from other presales, where notoriously you often get crappy seats.

But hey, unlike ruby I took section 314, and I'll be in!!! :D

Im getting dizzy frm all these threads!
    :D

and by the way, your 314 will be better than you think 300s are closer than people think 200s are only like 10-15 rows
  • Options
    rubi76rubi76 Posts: 20
    Was "gardenofsea" your password, cuz that wasnt mine.

Gardenofstone... i guess my brain is still tryin to hide it.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    rubi76 wrote:
    ?
    How come pearljam.com cannot handle more than 300 people logged in at the same time (I don't think they sold 8000 available fan club tickets in 30 mins with the real presale....) ?

interesting.

please, tell us all,

where dsid you pull these numbers out of ?

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ryanjepryanjep Posts: 126
    gardenofmike got you good seats on the left side of the stage :)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Im getting dizzy frm all these threads!

and by the way, your 314 will be better than you think 300s are closer than people think 200s are only like 10-15 rows

Sadly, I know something about the 300s, seeing that my family (I'll share the blame :rolleyes: ) decided it was a good idea to celebrate our move to NYC by buying a package of knicks games :eek: and our seats are in section 333. I figure if I can see the basketball, I'll be able to see Ed jumping around.

And Allie...if it turns out those really are the next best seats I will be sooo happy. If not, I'll be disappointed. A little, cause really, I am just happy I get to do this :)
  • Options
    meme wrote:

And Allie...if it turns out those really are the next best seats I will be sooo happy. If not, I'll be disappointed. A little, cause really, I am just happy I get to do this :)

I just think you took it way too literal. There's no guarantee implied in that statement and there's no way to know. You know how things go down w/TM.
    at least you got in :)
    my friend got tickets for us to see Joel Osteen in October. The night before there was a floor seat I could have gotten :eek: but she already paid for my ticket ($10)
    when I got there I was like :eek: cause we were in the NOSE BLEEDS. I mean WAAAAY up top, it took us like 1/2 an hour to get up there! I don't like heights! Hee hee.

But once you're in, you're in, it doesn't really dim the experience of being in the bldg for the show. It'll be all good. No worries, meme. If you don't get tix Friday, keep looking the days before the show. I got Yankee playoffs tix that way too. They dump tickets...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    meme wrote:
    Sadly, I know something about the 300s, seeing that my family (I'll share the blame :rolleyes: ) decided it was a good idea to celebrate our move to NYC by buying a package of knicks games :eek: and our seats are in section 333. I figure if I can see the basketball, I'll be able to see Ed jumping around.

if section 300 was "the next best seats available"....

then that means the only tickets available friday ...will be...

across the street in the burger king parking lot........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    ryanjep wrote:
    gardenofmike got you good seats on the left side of the stage :)
    I got a nice chuckle out of that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251

But they come with those cool paper crowns to wear during the show...win win!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

love it speedy, lol
    it's a nathan's and Roy Rogers across the street though :p
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    There's no guarantee implied in that statement and there's no way to know. You know how things go down w/TM.

Then don't make the statement?

Anyway, now I got caught up in all these discussions, but I'm over the little disappointment about the misleading. It really wasn't so much about being far away, because as you say, I will just be soooo overjoyed!
  • Options
    meme wrote:

you bought a knicks package?
    Now you have my sympathy.
    I am sorry, very sorry.
    ;)
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Allie wrote:
    love it speedy, lol
    it's a nathan's and Roy Rogers across the street though :p

You guys still have Roy Rogers? I love their fried chicken and their buttermilk biscuits. Screw pregaming at the bar, I'll be there beforehand.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    you bought a knicks package?
    Now you have my sympathy.
    I am sorry, very sorry.
    ;)

ahah... I know... scoring bad tickets for night 1 should be the least of my worries, yeah? :D

Well, the national anthems and the entertainment was fun :o
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Then don't make the statement?

Anyway, now I got caught up in all these discussions, but I'm over the little disappointment about the misleading. It really wasn't so much about being far away, because as you say, I will just be soooo overjoyed!

they probably made a statement so you would know they weren't in the same location as the seats for the first pre-sale.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    You guys still have Roy Rogers? I love their fried chicken and their buttermilk biscuits. Screw pregaming at the bar, I'll be there beforehand.
    It's across the street from the main entrance on 7th ave and 34th street, it's a Nathan's and a Roy Rogers in the same bldge. Very tasty!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    ahah... I know... scoring bad tickets for night 1 should be the least of my worries, yeah? :D

Well, the national anthems and the entertainment was fun :o

yeah being in the garden for anything can be fun

perhaps we need a meet up to pre-load for the show
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    they probably made a statement so you would know they weren't in the same location as the seats for the first pre-sale.

but why say they would be the next best?

Sorry...

I must shut up about this
    I must let go
    I must let go

• Options
    rubi76rubi76 Posts: 20
    Allie wrote:
    well then there's your problem.
    You don't understand, if you could have gotten a ticket in Sect. 314 then you did have a chance to buy it, but you chose not to.

If you'd rather sit home then at least have the chance to be in the bldg to see one of the greatest bands in the world put on one of the greatest shows in the world, b/c the seat is not to your liking, that's your own decision, it's not that you couldn't get a ticket.
    and you said you haven't been a fan for two decades to get that seat.

Henceforth it seems to me you think being in the fan club entitles you to a better seat.

Allie (and Burnerben):
    let's not all get philosophical with the greatest shows greatest band etc. We all know that... and we all love that.
    I am just trying to say that from the amazing Ten Club standards, after reading TM preseale ticks would be behind regular Ten Club tickets, I was expecting more than being BEHIND THE STAGE.
    I rejected those seats because I think that if I pay for a ticket I would want to watch the face of who is singing, not his back, but that's a personal decision.
    I know there is little or nothing to blame to Ten Club, they treat us like kings to their maximum possibilities.
    Get_right, am I wrong if I say that the Ten Club got us used to better seats in the Garden? So I don't agree with your statement 'no one knows how seats are distributed'. Riot Act tour all fan club seats (or 90%) were floor seats.

Having said that, I didn't want to offend anyone, nor I am pissing off at the Ten Club, and I agree with Poncier when he says that at MSG lots of seats go to scalpers.... too bad even the Ten Club could not do anything about that.

I am just a long time fan who tried to get tickets for a while, was promised a chance to better seats, was accustomed to better seats, and got nothing.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    yeah being in the garden for anything can be fun

perhaps we need a meet up to pre-load for the show

That would be fun! You seem to make it only to the meetups where I am absent and I am starting to take it personally :p
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    That would be fun! You seem to make it only to the meetups where I am absent and I am starting to take it personally :p

I had a good excuse for the last one!

truthfully, Ive only been to one-the first pour house one. But I have managed to hang out with a couple other people from here. Its fun.

I hope something comes together for this.
  • Options
    rubi76 wrote:
    seats.

I am just a long time fan who tried to get tickets for a while, was promised a chance to better seats, was accustomed to better seats, and got nothing.

It's not philosophy, it's a fact: The PJ concert I saw was the BEST concert I've ever been to in my life,

and

there is no better place to see a show then the Garden
    You weren't promised anything

you didn't get 'nothing,'
    as I said you made the decision to not take the tickets that came up for you
    some people here didn't even get that far

I hope you get through on Friday.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    but why say they would be the next best?

Sorry...

I must let go
    I must let go

honestly, are you from New York?
    you are taking those words too literally. There was no promise and no guarantee.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Solat13 wrote:

there are two roy rogers within the vicinity of MSG. One is on the eighth avenue side on the amtrak level of penn station and the other is directly across the street on seventh avenue. it is quite pricey for fastfood but I stop when I get the jones for a roy's roast beef sandwich every few months.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    there are two roy rogers within the vicinity of MSG. One is on the eighth avenue side on the amtrak level of penn station and the other is directly across the street on seventh avenue. it is quite pricey for fastfood but I stop when I get the jones for a roy's roast beef sandwich every few months.

you don't eat the chicken?! and biscuits? Oh man! :) It is worth the price.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Allie wrote:
    you don't eat the chicken?! and biscuits? Oh man! :) It is worth the price.

that's what KFC is for, although roy's fried chicken is still good, i just prefer their roast beef sandwiches.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    should have had to put in a 10c number as the password.... then have it checked against tix that were already sold to those members...
    would have been more work, but its really a way that 10c members that already got tix, dont get additional ones... and keeps scalpers out of the loop as well.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    that's what KFC is for, although roy's fried chicken is still good, i just prefer their roast beef sandwiches.
    :eek:
    no no no,
    Roy's is way better than KFC

Arby's has tasty roast beef,
    there's one in the Manhattan Mall

at the risk of thread integrity, so do you have nose bleed seats too??
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!