Show Two
Set List

Walk On Music
Onstage 8:00
Offstage 10:00

Set List

01. Garden
02. Off He Goes
(Ed praises the other bands and weather)
03. Last Exit
04. Mind Your Manners
05. Given To Fly
06. React, Respond
07. Running
08. MFC
09. Wreckage
10. Big Wave
11. I Got Id
12. Black
13. Won’t Tell
14. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(Ed teases the guy holding a sign about playing drums on Animal.  Acknowledges Jed Garfunkel’s 100th show.  Appreciation for fans)
15. Rearviewmirror w/ Andrew Watt on guitar

Encore Break

16. Last Kiss-(Cochran)/The Best Day-(Swift) {Ed plays and sings Last Kiss, Harper Vedder sings verses from The Best Day.  They take turns singing their songs.}
17. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) w/ Glen Hansard {Lead Vocal Ed, harmony vocal and acoustic guitar Glen Hansard}
18. Gremmie Out Of Control w/ Brendan O’Brien-guitar, Stone Gremmie vocals
19. Alive
20. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) w/ multiple guests

{Ed sings a couple lines from Smile, "I miss you already"}

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    Bravo PJ!

See you in Melbourne. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Awesome sets for the weekend
    Thanks Sea. 

And now.... AUSTRALIA!!!
    CANT WAIT 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,638
    edited September 30
    I got 2 songs they never played before and will never play again! What a version of Black! Great show ... Except for the prolonged attention to the guy who wanted to drum... PITA. Next...NZ !!
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,128
    edited September 30
    I Got Shit was great. First time since 2016 for me…Big Wave first since 2013. Gremmie was REALLY well done and absolutely loved Stone. They sound fucking great as usual. Ed said he wasn’t gonna speak much and then talked for half the show 😂 Rockin’ both nights?? 

2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I Got Shit was great. First time since 2016 for me…Big Wave first since 2013. Gremmie was REALLY well done and absolutely loved Stone. They sound fucking great as usual. Ed said he wasn’t gonna speak much and then talked for half the show 😂 Rockin’ both nights?? 

We knew him saying he wasn't gonna speak much was b.s.
    Stone dancing was fantastic during Gremmie!!! 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,434
    Great show. My 34th and the best I've ever seen
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • kusko_andykusko_andy Posts: 26
    edited September 30
    The early run of rockers was off the chain.  They really went for it.  With MFC, I Got Shit, Given to Fly it had a Yield/Binaural era feel to it, which was my show-going heyday so strong nostalgia factor. 
    When one does not see what one does not see, one does not even see that one is blind. -Paul Veyne
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 616
    Ed said he wasn’t gonna speak much and then talked for half the show 😂 
    Seriously 😂 I thought they'd push it with the short sets, but I'll take a gremmie in trade. 
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,020
    Pretty much perfect show for me tonight! Well worth the trip from the UK. Almost made up for cancelling the three shows in Europe…Hope to see you guys again!
    Nature drunk and High
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,343
    This was another great show for fans who love the whole catalog. The fact that they played four songs (five if you count the "Last Kiss"/"The Best Day" mashup) that I had not seen at any of my prior eleven 2024 shows, including one they'd never played before, for the second night in a row, just blows me away. I think that brings my count to 108 different songs across twelve 2024 shows. Insane.

"Song of Good Hope" was gorgeous. I don't usually get too crazy about the Ten songs, having seen them so many times, but "Garden" was exquisite. "Gremmie" was so fun. "Cowabunga!"

A guy near me kept declaring it the greatest show he'd ever seen. Meanwhile, his lady friend said she only recognized two songs. It takes all kinds.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    Right on right on! It takes a PJ village!
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    That... Was so much fun. I think the band had as much fun as we did tonight. Congrats on your 100th show shout-out, @Jed So cool to meet you. Thanks, PJ fam, for another amazing Ohana weekend. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,613
    The vibe was immaculate, overall. The only changes I would make in retrospect:

- Oceans as opener into Garden
    - scratch Wreckage & play Got to Give
    - Untitled into MFC
    - Upper Hand after Won't Tell
    - Tr*mp can go to hell, but that whole rant could've been 30 seconds. Valuable song time!
    - didn't need to single out STBC/Animal nerd with the sign. More valuable song time.
    - Smile after Gremmie
    - scratch RITFW, and do Ledbetter or Fuckin' Up

A tight 24 in 2 hrs. But whatevs. WE got Gremmie🤙🏄‍♀️🌊

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    I’ve seen 22 shows since the pandemic ended. Including all 5 Ohana performances. This was one of the best shows for sure I’ve seen them play over that time. 

The version of Black was epic. The moment with Harper was so sweet. She looked like she was literally trembling as she sat down. I can’t even imagine how big that crowd looked to her. She did a great job. 

Stone on Gremmie was just  :)

I agree with every word Ed said during his rant about a certain person whose name he never mentioned. He definitely upset some members of the crowd, which is fine since it’s Ed’s stage and he can say what he wants. Having said that, looking at the set list it appears to have caused Unthought Known to be cut so that’s a bit of a bummer.

Still, just an awesome night. Alanis was fabulous too. Everyone who puts on the festival, a great job all around. 
  • Major props to Alanis also, what a force of nature. Her voice is absolutely full throttle all these years later, and she owns the stage.  Also one of her guitarists looked like 1980’s era David Crosby, and the other guitarist was a dead ringer for Ed Helms.  Really interesting. 
    When one does not see what one does not see, one does not even see that one is blind. -Paul Veyne
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,549
    I’m so sick I missed this festival this year. Literally waited my whole life to hear stone say Cowabunga
  • Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Tr*mp can go to hell, but that whole rant could've been 30 seconds. Valuable song time!
    - didn't need to single out STBC/Animal nerd with the sign. More valuable song time.
    - Smile after Gremmie

Agree 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Gremmie!   
    That is badass.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Agree 
    Agree x 2

Was irritated by the attention seeking kid with drumming sign. He sucked too much time out of 2 shows. 
    Alanis was force to be reckoned with!
    And what can I say about Stone and Gremmie...

Ed rant, which I agree with 100%, was much too long this time.. cost us a song for sure. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    Ed can talk politics all he wants! Don’t go if you don’t like it! *

*except if it costs us a song. 😂😂
  • Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Agree 
    Agree x 2

Was irritated by the attention seeking kid with drumming sign. He sucked too much time out of 2 shows. 

Ed rant, which I agree with 100%, was much too long this time.. cost us a song for sure. 
    I can’t add much to this. I think Ed lost his way a bit during the rant about the grift/er. 

Seeing Stone dancing was the best!

I'm heading home to sleep now. Thirteen shows this year! 😅 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 575
    edited September 30
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
    nicknyr15 said:

The songs are most important...😊
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,343
    Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Hey, Mother Vedder played tambo on "Rockin' in the Free World." It stays in the set.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 575

nicknyr15 said:

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Adi TAdi T Posts: 161
    Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Now this is the absolute truth. Well put. Gremmie made up for everything and Ed knew it.
    2003: Camden 7/6 | MSG 7/8 | MSG 7/9
    2006: East Rutherford 6/1 | East Rutherford 6/3
    2008: MSG 6/24 | MSG 6/25 | EV Solo Newark 8/7
    2010: MSG 5/20 | MSG 5/21
    2011: PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/3 | PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/4
    2012: EV Solo Orlando 11/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18 | Brooklyn 10/19
    2015: Central Park 9/26 | Mexico City 11/28
    2016: Fort Lauderdale 4/8 | Miami 4/9 | New Orleans 4/23 | Philadelphia 4/27 | MSG 5/1 | MSG 5/2
  • Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Agree 
    Agree x 2

Wonder if this was the same dude from Philly 2.  Was a few rows in front of us and held that sign up wayyyyyyy too much.  I was screaming at him to put it down but he didn't much care.  
    Playing drums on Animal topped anyone standing behind him who would not be able to see the stage for big patches of time.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 172
    Yah 1 thru 14 pretty fucking good
    wreckage only repeat? Didn’t get that
    The ed talk at the end was really bad was almost seven minutes just killed the crowd then they just jumped straight into rvm so hard to get going again but ok we got going 

and then got Taylor and glen for good songs but totally again killed the vibe in the sense that we wanted Pearl Jam 

gremmie was cool but man  could have been so much more to end main set and encores I mean  literally 30 minutes from end of betterman to start of gremmie
    Go Animal said:

- Untitled into MFC
    - Smile after Gremmie

Agree 
    Agree x 2

Wonder if this was the same dude from Philly 2.  Was a few rows in front of us and held that sign up wayyyyyyy too much.  I was screaming at him to put it down but he didn't much care.  
    Playing drums on Animal topped anyone standing behind him who would not be able to see the stage for big patches of time.

And Ed called him out for doing it Friday and he didn't care. Ohana had "no sign" policy but the attention whores always get theirs through. Same with tambo begging...
  • Love the last kiss/ best day ( Taylor swift) mashup. Harper did good but you could tell she was nervous