Band Offstage 10:48

Set List
01. Release
02. Of The Girl
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Off He Goes
05. Immortality
06. Given To Fly
07. Why Go Home (Ed stops the song to check on an incident in the crowd.  Band picks up where they left off.)
08. Scared Of Fear
(Story behind the title of next song)
09. Waiting For Stevie
10. Wreckage
11. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall pt. 2 (Waters) :48 seconds
(Ed talks about Phil Donahue and Phil’s love of Wrigley and Chicago.  The next song is for him and Howard Zinn.)
12. Down
13. Even Flow
14. U
15. Dark Matter
16. Black
17. Do The Evolution
18. Porch

Encore Break

19. Just Breathe
20. I Won’t Back Down-(Lynn, Petty)
21. State Of Love And Trust
22. Won’t Tell w/ Abby (Abby had a sign saying she could sing the song so Ed invites her up.)
23. Corduroy
24. Setting Sun
25. Alive
26. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) w/ Glen Hansard and some band members  

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Great show and special shout out to Hansard. My only experience was with solo stuff. His band is excellent. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497
    EPIC!!!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Glen is fantastic. Glen with a band is phenomenal 
    And well done pj
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 620

1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • dcp3ydcp3y Posts: 820
    edited August 30
    Fun show!

Nice job on Upper Hand.  Great placement of Waiting for Stevie.  

N2 Got To Give and Something Special…pretty please 🤞🏻.  
    Post edited by dcp3y on
  • bigdeathbigdeath Posts: 83
    What a fantastic set. The opening was on fire. Loved the Betterman fake intro into Corduroy. 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,415
    Great show and special shout out to Hansard. My only experience was with solo stuff. His band is excellent. 
    This was my reaction too. A great opening set by Hansard and his band..... and Pearl Jam was terrific as always. 
  • Soul GloSoul Glo Posts: 8
    What a killer start to a set! 
  • trundletrundle Posts: 15
    Wow. So glad I came to this after Missoula. Setlist so much better. Eddie’s banter was perfect; not too morose or political. Heartfelt tribute to Tom Petty. Band was kicking hard as usual. WFS really killed! Down!  Haven’t heard that in ages. A personal favourite. Off he Goes too. 
    Just Breathe much better than with guest Luke Nelson in Missoula; he knocked me right out of it. Dicing onions tonight. Personal reasons. 
    Only gripe was Porch and RITFW same set closers as Missoula, but encore on the whole will stand the test of time so that’s just my problem. 

• tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Great show don’t get me wrong. This after Indy was disappointing. A lot of the same stuff in the same order. 
    The start of the show was amazing and LOVE the new songs, but playing so many in a row like they have been, it seemed to kill all the vibes around me and a lot of people seemed to not get back into it again. It was weird. More people = more casual fans maybe? 
    I had a blast but maybe the most off Wrigley show yet. Maybe just a bad section, it’ll happen 
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    edited August 30
    Great show don’t get me wrong. This after Indy was disappointing. A lot of the same stuff in the same order. 
    The start of the show was amazing and LOVE the new songs, but playing so many in a row like they have been, it seemed to kill all the vibes around me and a lot of people seemed to not get back into it again. It was weird. More people = more casual fans maybe? 
    I had a blast but maybe the most off Wrigley show yet. Maybe just a bad section, it’ll happen 
    Wow. 🤔
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • rrebernrrebern Posts: 86
    edited August 30
    Really enjoyed the show, great energy from the band. I’ve been to all the Wrigley shows thus far and this might not have been my favorite of the bunch, but I had a great time. So happy to see Down, loved the Donahue and Zinn shoutouts. The Dark Matter tunes sound so much better live than in studio format… I was getting heavy “Adult Contemporary” vibes from DM, but I’m pretty sure these tunes will grow on me in a live format. Looking forward to Saturday night!

ALSO: kudos to Hansard for an amazing set. Be sure to make the time to catch them if possible. 
    Post edited by rrebern on
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,317
    edited August 31
    Fun show.  Band sounded awesome.  

Our section had a ton of energy which made the concert more fun but security did make someone sitting near us turn his shirt inside out because it was “offensive”.  We thought that was kinda weird for a concert.

The new songs sounded great but I agree that they killed the energy a bit.
    Very cool that Abby got to sing with the band and she did awesome but I hope that bringing a fan onstage does not become part of the routine every show.  It will kill it being a cool on-time thing.  

Post edited by Kat on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Upper Hand was not played, but wont tell was and that was awesome. Awesome show. Dark matter was great live. Loved the show.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Unbelievable show. What great energy by the band. You could really tell how much they were enjoying being up there. The set was a perfect mix of a couple rarities, new album, and crowd pleasers. That was my favorite Even Flow in YEARS. Black was phenomenal as well. The GA was rocking.

Honestly, my biggest complaint was the two assholes next to me, especially the one who was very drunk, who would not shut the fuck up the entire show. Just screaming their idiotic conversation back and forth the whole show. Seriously why do people pay all this money just to talk during the whole show?? Really took me out out of a few songs.

Nonetheless can’t wait for Saturday!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    SkeeterB said:
    Wow. 🤔
    Again, great show, I loved it even with the similarities to Indy. I had a blast! My girlfriend and I, and the couple ladies by us seemed to be the only ones who cared, and even they left or sat down during that first run of Dark Matter songs. It was weird! 
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Posts: 252
    My favorite Black since 2016. Mike was awesome.
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    Looks like a great show! Mike is always awesome!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It was Mike's night, epic solo one aftwr another.  He accepted and ran away with Ed's challenge to put on his best performance ever
    There’s like 3 dream jobs in life, a baseball player, a race car driver, and being fucking mike mccready in a band. 
    Anything else is hard work
  • SM10080SM10080 Posts: 239
    Mike 'The New Ten Fingers of Doom" McCready was awesome.  The rest of the show was disjointed.  Not helped by the fact Ed chunked some songs. To quote Eddie from a long ago bootleg:  "Less talking', more rockin'".  I hate that I have to call this out, but man, that just wasn't  very good.
  • trundletrundle Posts: 15
    Spurs14 said:
    My favorite Black since 2016. Mike was awesome.
    Complete agreement.  “Challenge” from Eddie was for Evenflow but he really answered for Black; extended and melting of faces etc ….
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    Mike has been the star of this tour. And I would say watch Jeff . What a guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    You're right.  No good vibes.  A lot of people that were just there to 'be there'.  After Ed said 'this is for the serious collector', half my row sat down.  And I was in the 8th row of section Q.  What the fuck?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    edited August 30
    I felt like I had a mix of ten club people, plus people who hate music altogether near me.

The bigger the venue, the wider the audience, I suppose. 

But overall the band was outstanding, and most of the crowd was good. 
    Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Posts: 159
    SM10080 said:
    Mike 'The New Ten Fingers of Doom" McCready was awesome.  The rest of the show was disjointed.  Not helped by the fact Ed chunked some songs. To quote Eddie from a long ago bootleg:  "Less talking', more rockin'".  I hate that I have to call this out, but man, that just wasn't  very good.
    Honest question. What are you talking about?
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Posts: 159

I thought it was a great show. Down on the field the energy was good and I was pleasantly surprised that people were singing along with the new stuff. I absolutely love Release because I think Ed's voice is so impressive on this one and he sounds fantastic in general. Off He Goes is always great, and I love the guitar solo on Immortality. Same goes for the guitar on Black, I can't get enough. There's a few I could go without like Elderly.. and Daughter but the crowd interaction still makes them fun. The only time I saw people around me sitting was during Setting Sun, but I thank at that point some were just tired.
  • Gyven2FlyGyven2Fly Posts: 16
    Why did they scratch Yellow Wing?  Been chasing that for years!!!😭
    Jcanr20 said:
    SM10080 said:
    Honest question. What are you talking about?
    I think I was pretty clear.