*** Missoula, MT Fanviews Here 8.22.24 ***

13»

Comments

• mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Wobbie said:
    Lizard said:
    Wobbie said:
    excellent show but, sorry, the DM stuff just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve played the crap out of the album and like it OK but I’d still rather hear anything pre backspacer.

highlight for me was life wasted…I met a guy here in 2012…truck? ….part of 81’s crew. I believe truck had had some addiction issues and he had “never going back again” tattooed on his arm.

it makes me a little sad…in 2012, I hung with 81, RKCNDY, lizard, norm, nature lover, dissidentman, PJ_ROCKS and a great dog loving girl…I’ve lost track of all of them :bawling:
    Hey Rob.... I'm alive and kickin!!!  Glad you liked the show, I think 🤔 😁
    good to hear! we miss you!

I did like the show….I really did….but I would prefer that 1/3 of the setlist didn’t come from an album inferior to their first eight.
    It's called The Dark Matter world tour...not sure what you are expecting. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,028
    Wobbie said:
    Lizard said:
    Wobbie said:
    excellent show but, sorry, the DM stuff just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve played the crap out of the album and like it OK but I’d still rather hear anything pre backspacer.

highlight for me was life wasted…I met a guy here in 2012…truck? ….part of 81’s crew. I believe truck had had some addiction issues and he had “never going back again” tattooed on his arm.

it makes me a little sad…in 2012, I hung with 81, RKCNDY, lizard, norm, nature lover, dissidentman, PJ_ROCKS and a great dog loving girl…I’ve lost track of all of them :bawling:

I did like the show….I really did….but I would prefer that 1/3 of the setlist didn’t come from an album inferior to their first eight.
    The DM stuff sounded awesome. Great record. Might be their best. 
    agree to disagree.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,875
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Lizard said:
    Wobbie said:

The DM stuff sounded awesome. Great record. Might be their best. 
    agree to disagree.
    It’s a tour to support their record. Far from inferior but maybe not your taste I guess. Some people on here enjoy good music . 
    Why does the maroon pj concert shirt have 42 on the back?
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,081
    It’s the number of NBA player and Griz Basketball coach Larry Kristowiak. 
    KN219077 said:
    It’s the number of NBA player and Griz Basketball coach Larry Kristowiak. 
    Hey , thx dude.
  • ChuckhaintChuckhaint Posts: 81
    Show was amazing!  Great vibes all around!  One dude in particular....Judah Friedlander looking dickhead dancing enough for 8 people in the pit.  Pink tights under jorts.  High B.O. factor.  Really into bubbles.  Suspect he was on Molly.  Anyone else have to deal with this butthole?
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Missoula 8/22/24
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 538
    That was me. jk, that sounds horrible.
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
    Show was amazing!  Great vibes all around!  One dude in particular....Judah Friedlander looking dickhead dancing enough for 8 people in the pit.  Pink tights under jorts.  High B.O. factor.  Really into bubbles.  Suspect he was on Molly.  Anyone else have to deal with this butthole?
    I saw lots of the bubbles flying overhead towards me from behind, Would not have guessed it was some big dude tripping out blowing bubbles 😂 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    The more stories I hear like this, the more I wanna trade my Philly ga 
    nicknyr15 said:
    I will say that Missoula GA wasn’t bad where I was, it was full but not packed and most people around me had travelled distances to see the show. Nobody getting out of hand, high fiving when songs like HTI were played was about it. Always gonna have a few knuckleheads wherever you go though.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    KN219077 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I will say that Missoula GA wasn’t bad where I was, it was full but not packed and most people around me had travelled distances to see the show. Nobody getting out of hand, high fiving when songs like HTI were played was about it. Always gonna have a few knuckleheads wherever you go though.
    It was super chill. Tons of room at the outer reaches on both sides
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    genxgirl said:
    Great show! For anyone who saw my kid carrying a praying mantis out off the GA floor, this is the story:

During RITFW, I spotted the mantis crawling around on the floor (thanks Ed and Kieley (sp?) for the lights!

My kid scooped up the little one and held onto it, letting it crawl on his arms during the last song, and then allllll the way out to a merch tent in near some trees. 

THEN, we met a person in the merch line who was on the opposite side of the pit who told us that the mantis had landed on him and various family members. 

Mantis is my new hero, a true survivor like all of us...just needed a lift out of a bad situation.

Take care of yourselves and each other. Mantis will be watching. 

PS if anyone else has pix, please post! 

Love and kisses, see you in Chicago.

Hey, my wife and I were standing right next to you.  Amazing the Mantis. Totally a survivor.  Great time.  Enjoy Chi-Town
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Any interesting lyric changes in GST?
    He just swapped out Tricky Dicky for Donnie, he may have referenced his sons at some point too, it was hard to make out in the moment.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

Anyone have Glens setlist from the show??
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    nicknyr15 said:
    Vegas GA was great! I kept talking about hearing Of The Girl and when they opened with it everyone high fived me. Someone took a pic of La Signora and me during Setting Sun.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    edited August 30
    It was beyond amazing.  Such a great venue.  Crowd was incredible.  And I met Jill and Harper at the Missoula airport and flew to Seattle with them.  Had an endearing 10 minute conversation as if we were old friends.  I went right up to her, told her to please tell her husband and looked at Harper, and said your dad, about how his music and his talent has touched my life and how forever grateful I am.  I told Harper that I have a daughter named Harper who was named after you!!  She lit up and had a smile on her face.  We had a little more chit chat about the kids starting school, Ohana fest, and how great the Missoula crowd is.  My great friend who I was with Mentioned his wedding in a few weeks, and how Just Breathe is his wedding song. She said, just remember my husband wrote that for me!  I thanked her and Harper again and they went off. Ten minutes later, I walked over to my gate, and there they were!  When we arrivedd in Seattle I asked her if I could bother her to take a picture together.  She said she looked a little tired and I said, we all do.  At that point, Harper grabbed my phone and said, mom get in the photo!  My buddy took a picture with her too, and we walked up the ramp into the airport and kept talking about things from Robert Plant to the life of a wife and daughter of a rock star and the longevity of the band.  I told her I've been married for 17 years to my wife, yet my longest relationship is over thirty years with your husband and dad! I got quite the laugh from both of them.  Just as chill and as flowing as a conversation could get without any awkwardness.  Just a very awesome person with a stellar daughter.  I said my thank you again and goodbye and good luck in school. Then I said, see you at Thanksgiving dinner!!  A week later I'm still amazed at it all. 
    Post edited by Corduroyboy on
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256

Cool story! Great pic 
  • southpsouthp Posts: 295

Cool story! Great pic 
    Awesome story. Thanks for sharing 

Pretty cool, was a great show and a cool memory to cap it off!
    The Missoula bootleg sounds incredible. Wow!!
  • genxgirlgenxgirl Posts: 14
    PB11041 said:
    genxgirl said:
    Great show! For anyone who saw my kid carrying a praying mantis out off the GA floor, this is the story:

During RITFW, I spotted the mantis crawling around on the floor (thanks Ed and Kieley (sp?) for the lights!

My kid scooped up the little one and held onto it, letting it crawl on his arms during the last song, and then allllll the way out to a merch tent in near some trees. 

THEN, we met a person in the merch line who was on the opposite side of the pit who told us that the mantis had landed on him and various family members. 

Mantis is my new hero, a true survivor like all of us...just needed a lift out of a bad situation.

Take care of yourselves and each other. Mantis will be watching. 

PS if anyone else has pix, please post! 

Love and kisses, see you in Chicago.

Hey, my wife and I were standing right next to you.  Amazing the Mantis. Totally a survivor.  Great time.  Enjoy Chi-Town
    Hi pit mate! I did not make it to Chicago cause I got COVID, ugggghhh. 
    I'd smile, but who am I kidding?
    The Missoula bootleg sounds incredible. Wow!!
    Finally got it on my iPhone, sounds great! So thankful the band does this with every show. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yu7pHkGFyN4&pp=ygUScGVhcmwgamFtIG1pc3NvdWxh

Almost captures how awesome that Given To Fly opener was, thankful for whoever put this together