*** Missoula, MT Fanviews Here 8.22.24 ***

Comments

• Anyone know what Glen Hansard played last night?  Time he went on?   
    1. The Feast of St. John
    2. Down on Our Knees
    3. There's No Mountain
    4. When Your Mind's Made Up
    5. Finally
    6. Revelate
    7. Her Mercy
    8. This Gift

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/glen-hansard/2024/washington-grizzly-stadium-missoula-mt-35621b7.html
    1996: Randall's Island 9/28, 9/29
    2000: Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/19
    2016: Tampa 4/11, Jacksonville 4/13
    2024: Missoula 8/22
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,759
    edited August 23
    How do the hardcore fans find these setlist?  Seems many of my favourite hard hitting songs are missed from the setlists show after show. 
    I think expectations have to be adjusted with the band and Ed getting older.  Times have slowly been changing for awhile.  
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    I really enjoyed last night, especially after being sorta put off by the whole setlist shirt thing. The opening slot is one of the places I really still enjoy GTF, so nice to hear it there. NAIS is always welcome, and it had been a long time for me. Was totally surprised to see HTI, especially mid set. Had been chasing for years, finally got my first in Vegas, and then a second almost right away.  

Even 3 shows into hearing all of it, I’m still pleasantly surprised as to how great the new stuff is sounding. Theyre consistently some of my highlights, and that’s really rare for me with any band.

We took our 1 year old to the show and that was a very new and different experience. She had a good time in the pit for the first 5 or so songs and then didn’t want the ear muffs on anymore. Spent the rest of the show bobbing in and out of the stadium. Bummer to not get to spend all night in the pit, but was still a lot of fun
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Absolutely beautiful show, setting, and all around vibe last night. We were interlopers :) from out of state and met so many friendly people locals and travelers. I love the new album so much and was beyond excited to hear Won’t Tell, figuring if any place would get it, it was Missoula. 

Glen is my favorite opening act by far. Saw him open for Ed in 2011 and have loved him since. 

Last night was two weeks since I lost my younger sister to breast cancer (she was only 42). Hard to Imagine got me and Just Breathe wrecked me. Loved every minute though. Thanks for the beautiful memories, Missoula. 
    Oh man... I'm so sorry for your loss. 42 is way too f'ing young.

I'm happy you were able to both enjoy last night and grieve at the same time. 
    Thank you so much. The show definitely helped and I was grateful to be there. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,349
    OMG
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 605
    JW174247 said:
    Anyone else unfortunate enough to have tickets in Section 109 last night? They sold tickets for an entire section and then “closed” it just prior to the show (you could technically sit in your seat and face a giant wall). I paid a pretty penny to have 6th row on StubHub and the venue’s solution was to provide tickets on the other end of the stadium.

Incredibly poor planning and handled terribly as we sat in line for over an hour. Wondering what type of recourse there is or if anyone else has found a resolution.
    Live Nation sucks.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Just stopped a few minutes ago:

That is amazing!  
    I remember when I saw that someone had figured out exactly where the highway interchange on the OK Computer cover is, and that I had driven on it many times, my head nearly exploded. This is also cool. 

That cover was always weird, yet iconic and mystical, for 20+ years. Paired nicely with that album. Then someone said, hey- it’s I-84 in Hartford. Oh.

yield also a great cover, yet very Americana. Great pic here!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    And Thom hates it!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,376
    And Thom hates it!
    He hates the cover, or he hates the fact that someone sussed out the underlying image?

I still love the cover, and feel an added personal connection to it, which is nice since it's my favorite album of all-time. I have a blow-up of it that my local record store had for the OKNOTOK release framed and hanging at the top of the stairs in my house.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • paylingpayling Posts: 340
    Anyone know what Glen Hansard played last night?  Time he went on?   
    Walked on stage at 6:59 pm
    PA
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,081
    Great show, more thoughts later but the show definitely delivered and felt short in the good way, great flow of songs. New material was superb, Upper Hand is a stand out and won’t tell was a treat. HTI, NAIS, Gimme Some Truth, and Just Breathe w/ Lukas were all highlights. Given to Fly was so special withe the drone footage of Missoula and ending at the Stadium. Felt like a special show and it felt sentimental for Jeff and Ed, lots of heartfelt appreciation.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,028
    excellent show but, sorry, the DM stuff just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve played the crap out of the album and like it OK but I’d still rather hear anything pre backspacer.

highlight for me was life wasted…I met a guy here in 2012…truck? ….part of 81’s crew. I believe truck had had some addiction issues and he had “never going back again” tattooed on his arm.

it makes me a little sad…in 2012, I hung with 81, RKCNDY, lizard, norm, nature lover, dissidentman, PJ_ROCKS and a great dog loving girl…I’ve lost track of all of them :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
    100 Pacer said:
    Just stopped a few minutes ago:

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS ON GOOGLE MAPS. Thank you, sir🫡
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Go Animal said:

Again, amazing shot, 100Pacer.

Just a few small tweaks:

• genxgirl said:
    Great show! For anyone who saw my kid carrying a praying mantis out off the GA floor, this is the story:

During RITFW, I spotted the mantis crawling around on the floor (thanks Ed and Kieley (sp?) for the lights!

My kid scooped up the little one and held onto it, letting it crawl on his arms during the last song, and then allllll the way out to a merch tent in near some trees. 

THEN, we met a person in the merch line who was on the opposite side of the pit who told us that the mantis had landed on him and various family members. 

Mantis is my new hero, a true survivor like all of us...just needed a lift out of a bad situation.

Take care of yourselves and each other. Mantis will be watching. 

PS if anyone else has pix, please post! 

Love and kisses, see you in Chicago.

Dude's a freeloader and has been for years.  My wife and I saw him trying to bust into the Guns 'N Roses show in MSO a few years back, too.

• trundletrundle Posts: 15
    vedpunk said:
    Sounds like it was a great show.  Judging by the setlist post, looks like there was a LOT of talking between songs.  Curious if that took away from the flow of the show with so much startt/stop?
    Yes, too much! Jeff’s speech was heartfelt, succinct and politically straight to the point. I have generally enjoyed EV banter at shows (7 now) but the last year or two I’m hearing a lot more existential rambling and long-winded stories that kill the momentum. Dedications are great but they could be done well in half the time. New songs sounding excellent live and I enjoyed them. Asked my 19yr old son before the show (his 1st) what songs were in his wishlist and it was Daughter, Better man, MYM, Black, and Quick Escape. I said “for sure you’ll get one of those”. Nope.  (To be fair, he knew that Evenflow and Alive were a lock, and I told him Jeremy was highly probable!)  I enjoyed the full band version of Gimme some Truth but when you’re playing so many new songs I’d drop the covers for crowd pleasers. Had GA pit for first and last time. Enjoyed chatting with people but drunken loud conversations all the way through Glen Hansard’s excellent opening set really pissed me off. Continued into PJ but as drunken overly loud and terrible singing along to the entire song.  Singalong songs and certain choruses notwithstanding, people pay money and travel great distances to hear the band.  Some people need to respect that. Luck of the draw where I was standing I guess. 
    Anyway, my son still raved and I left with a smile on my face, but I fear my best PJ shows are behind me.  
    Still optimistic for Chicago though. 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,875
    trundle said:
    vedpunk said:
    Sounds like it was a great show.  Judging by the setlist post, looks like there was a LOT of talking between songs.  Curious if that took away from the flow of the show with so much startt/stop?
    Yes, too much! Jeff’s speech was heartfelt, succinct and politically straight to the point. I have generally enjoyed EV banter at shows (7 now) but the last year or two I’m hearing a lot more existential rambling and long-winded stories that kill the momentum. Dedications are great but they could be done well in half the time. New songs sounding excellent live and I enjoyed them. Asked my 19yr old son before the show (his 1st) what songs were in his wishlist and it was Daughter, Better man, MYM, Black, and Quick Escape. I said “for sure you’ll get one of those”. Nope.  (To be fair, he knew that Evenflow and Alive were a lock, and I told him Jeremy was highly probable!)  I enjoyed the full band version of Gimme some Truth but when you’re playing so many new songs I’d drop the covers for crowd pleasers. Had GA pit for first and last time. Enjoyed chatting with people but drunken loud conversations all the way through Glen Hansard’s excellent opening set really pissed me off. Continued into PJ but as drunken overly loud and terrible singing along to the entire song.  Singalong songs and certain choruses notwithstanding, people pay money and travel great distances to hear the band.  Some people need to respect that. Luck of the draw where I was standing I guess. 
    Anyway, my son still raved and I left with a smile on my face, but I fear my best PJ shows are behind me.  
    Why do you have fear? . Pj sounded incredible in Montana. Ur not at home so people will sing and talk during a live show. It happens. 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,731
    edited August 24
    Drove from Calgary to see the show and brought my wife and two kids (as well as three buddies). It was my kids (12 years old and 10 years old) first actual concert. They sat with my wife and two buddies in the stands and myself and a buddy were in the pit. 

I saw the first two Vancouver shows at the start of leg 1 and have to say, I still absolutely love the new songs. Band sounded great like people have said before on this thread. Eddie sounded amazing throughout, especially during NAIS. I loved Hard to Imagine and Life Wasted too. My kids loved the concert and the city of Missoula. 

Eddie’s wife and daughter stood behind me in the pit almost the entire show and Lukas Nelson for a bit. It was hilarious to hear his daughter say at one point, “it’s called a QR code daddy…” Eddie was talking about the pledge to vote type thing that was displayed on the three screens. 

I am so glad that I got to see three concerts on this tour. Best band in the world. Not even close. 
    Post edited by May 30th on
  • Nicki EarleyNicki Earley Posts: 18
    edited August 24
    My 22nd show - I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've loved this band since Sommerfest 1995.  I felt like I was on the AOL boards again. Hard to imagine made me crazy cry and I know what its like to go to PJ Church but F you guys were awesome in MT!
    Post edited by Nicki Earley on
    Hometown - Minneapolis
    Milwaukee, WI - July 9, 1995, San Diego, CA - November 7, 1995, Toledo, OH - September 22, 1996, Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998, Atlanta, GA - September 1, 1998, East Troy, WI - October 8, 2000, St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003, St. Paul, MN - June 26, 2006, St Paul, MN - June 27, 2006, Eddie Vedder Solo, Minneapolis, MN - July 2nd 2011. Winnipeg,CANADA- September 17,2011, Missoula, MT September 29th, 2012, Wrigley, Chicago, IL July 19, 2013, Moline, IL October 17, 2014, and St Paul October 19, 2014, Miami April 09, 2016, Greenville April 16, 2016
    ,Ottawa May 08, 2016, Seattle 08/ 08 +10, 2018, St Paul Aug 31, Sept 2, 2023, Missoula  August 22, 2024
    trundle said:
    vedpunk said:
    Why do you have fear? . Pj sounded incredible in Montana. Ur not at home so people will sing and talk during a live show. It happens. 
    Please don’t condescend. I didn’t comment about the sound besides saying both bands were great.
    I have been in countless pits at countless rock shows and have had predominantly great experiences; that’s why I prefer to go GA. This unfortunately was not the case at this show.  These drunken bruhs were obnoxious, selfish and inconsiderate to the highest degree. 
    My “fear” is more of a positive reflection on past shows. In particular, the Gorge on July 22, 2006 was so mind blowing that to match it now almost 20 years later would take some kind of miracle. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,907
    trundle said:
    vedpunk said:

The great thing about the pit is that you're not stuck standing near people you don't want to be near. You can move!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    trundle said:
    vedpunk said:

The great thing about the pit is that you're not stuck standing near people you don't want to be near. You can move!
    And I did! 
    However, I am perhaps overly mindful of (shorter) folks that have waited as long as I have and are happily ensconced in their spot and sight-line. Hindsight, next time I’ll just move back and give up the spot. I really have no desire to be blessed with EV spittle anyway!
    Someone needs to mention the Evel Knievel costume that I saw being moved pre-show behind the amps to the left of Matt. Helmut and jacket. What’s up? What song are they going to break that out for?! Anyone? 
    I see that he was born in Butte Montana so maybe the opportunity has passed?  
    trundle said:
    Someone needs to mention the Evel Knievel costume that I saw being moved pre-show behind the amps to the left of Matt. Helmut and jacket. What’s up? What song are they going to break that out for?! Anyone? 
    I see that he was born in Butte Montana so maybe the opportunity has passed?  
    I saw that too but have no idea what it could be for. 
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Wobbie said:
    excellent show but, sorry, the DM stuff just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve played the crap out of the album and like it OK but I’d still rather hear anything pre backspacer.

highlight for me was life wasted…I met a guy here in 2012…truck? ….part of 81’s crew. I believe truck had had some addiction issues and he had “never going back again” tattooed on his arm.

it makes me a little sad…in 2012, I hung with 81, RKCNDY, lizard, norm, nature lover, dissidentman, PJ_ROCKS and a great dog loving girl…I’ve lost track of all of them :bawling:
    Hey Rob.... I'm alive and kickin!!!  Glad you liked the show, I think 🤔 😁
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,028
    Lizard said:
    Wobbie said:

good to hear! we miss you!

I did like the show….I really did….but I would prefer that 1/3 of the setlist didn’t come from an album inferior to their first eight.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,875
    Wobbie said:
    Lizard said:
    Wobbie said:

good to hear! we miss you!

I did like the show….I really did….but I would prefer that 1/3 of the setlist didn’t come from an album inferior to their first eight.
    The DM stuff sounded awesome. Great record. Might be their best. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    Hard To Imagine with the Setting Sun tag.

Setting Sun in full.

Chef’s kiss.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    Hard To Imagine with the Setting Sun tag.

Setting Sun in full.

Chef’s kiss.
    So so good man!!! Loved that.