** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,198
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,479
    It’s all turnout. Postcards to swing states is mailing 40 million postcards to likely dem voters. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    It’s all turnout. Postcards to swing states is mailing 40 million postcards to likely dem voters. 
    This is my belief too. Votes aren't moving and haven't in a while.   Get your team to the polls.
    edited October 13
    they will be on a tear next week....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    From the WSJ

I can’t imagine caring about the economy, looking at those 3 bar graphs and saying eh, I’ll take those odds. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    I can’t imagine caring about the economy, looking at those 3 bar graphs and saying eh, I’ll take those odds. 
    They don't believe it. Anything that contradicts what dear leader says is just ignored as "fake news"

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Fox News interview on Wednesday. Good. 

Get her out there. Everywhere. Flood the zone. Get more aggressive.  

Let's win this fucking thing. 
    www.myspace.com
    It's all about GOTV. Harris campaign is switching to turnout from persuasion, I believe. That makes for much nicer convos.

PLEASE do a canvass if you're in or near a swing state.

https://www.padems.org/swing-state/
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited October 14

This is good. Baier will be a tough interview but more fair than the opinion faces from the network. 
    It's all about GOTV. Harris campaign is switching to turnout from persuasion, I believe. That makes for much nicer convos.

What's knocking on doors like? People ever argue with you?
    www.myspace.com
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108

I'm sure Trump will go on MSNBC now, given his fearlessness. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

There's a few categories.
    1. Your people. They're supporting Kamala and they are happy you knocked. Yay! For turnout canvassing, this will be a lot of them.
    2. The refusers. They don't answer the door, being obviously at home, or they do and make up a reason why they're busy and can't talk. They probably expect to be asked for money, which they aren't. This is pretty common too.
    3. "I'm not telling" - I'd say these are Trumpers who think they can't tell you for some reason. They'd be better off, since you mark them as a Trump voter and they get left alone after that.
    4. "Get off my lawn" - Couple times I got "do you have a permit for this" or "did I invite you on my property"? Political canvassing is protected under Pennsylvania election law. We aren't selling anything or asking for money. Just say thank you and keep going.
    5. "I'm voting for Trump but I appreciate you" - some of the Trumpers are still glad about people being involved.
    6. Real MAGA's - they are generally filtered out but you might be looking for the 22 year old kid and you get the dad. Honestly they have trouble being mean to someone in person, especially because you are so friendly and good-looking! But if I happen across a house on my list with Trump signs up I pretty much just skip it.
    And probably once or twice each turf you get someone who actually is undecided, or wasn't planning on voting. One time I got a mom - her son was voting age but had an intellectual disability - she didn't think he could vote and I explained to her that she could assist him with voting. Sometimes they think they can't vote for a Democrat if they're registered Republican. Maybe they don't know where to vote. So you're knocking 30 doors for these couple of situations. But when you score that vote, yeah it's really fucking rewarding! And there are thousands of other Jugglers knocking doors across the Commonwealth, each of them gets that one extra vote in their canvass. And that's how we win!

edited October 14

1. Your people. They're supporting Kamala and they are happy you knocked. Yay! For turnout canvassing, this will be a lot of them.
    2. The refusers. They don't answer the door, being obviously at home, or they do and make up a reason why they're busy and can't talk. They probably expect to be asked for money, which they aren't. This is pretty common too.
    3. "I'm not telling" - I'd say these are Trumpers who think they can't tell you for some reason. They'd be better off, since you mark them as a Trump voter and they get left alone after that.
    4. "Get off my lawn" - Couple times I got "do you have a permit for this" or "did I invite you on my property"? Political canvassing is protected under Pennsylvania election law. We aren't selling anything or asking for money. Just say thank you and keep going.
    5. "I'm voting for Trump but I appreciate you" - some of the Trumpers are still glad about people being involved.
    6. Real MAGA's - they are generally filtered out but you might be looking for the 22 year old kid and you get the dad. Honestly they have trouble being mean to someone in person, especially because you are so friendly and good-looking! But if I happen across a house on my list with Trump signs up I pretty much just skip it.
    And probably once or twice each turf you get someone who actually is undecided, or wasn't planning on voting. One time I got a mom - her son was voting age but had an intellectual disability - she didn't think he could vote and I explained to her that she could assist him with voting. Sometimes they think they can't vote for a Democrat if they're registered Republican. Maybe they don't know where to vote. So you're knocking 30 doors for these couple of situations. But when you score that vote, yeah it's really fucking rewarding! And there are thousands of other Jugglers knocking doors across the Commonwealth, each of them gets that one extra vote in their canvass. And that's how we win!

Do you get into the weeds on issues with people? Like if a maga complains about inflation, do you point out it's come down and the whole world dealt with it and we've handled it better than most other countries etc etc etc....or is it more just telling them how and where to vote?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

you da man

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Do you get into the weeds on issues with people? Like if a maga complains about inflation, do you point out it's come down and the whole world dealt with it and we've handled it better than most other countries etc etc etc....or is it more just telling them how and where to vote?
    If they told me they're voting for Trump I'm already on to the next house. "Thank you for your time, sorry for bothering you, I'll let them know and they won't bother you again..." We don't have time to argue with people. You want to give yourself but also be efficient with your valuable time.

But if an undecided complains about prices at the grocery store, yeah I'm not gonna tell them they're wrong. They don't care about prices in England or whatever. I talked about Trump's tariff plans and how they will make prices explode. Looking back maybe I should've talked about Harris' plan re: price gouging (I mean, I'm skeptical myself about "controlling" prices - I'm a pretty hard-core capitalist). I had a 28-year old male living with his mom, so I talked about the Harris housing plan a little bit. I mean, I'm okay at this stuff but I ain't Pete Buttigieg out there. I didn't read the 81-page economic plan either.

I forgot another category - the Democratic parent who's not on your list. They sometimes get offended you're knocking for their kid and not them. It's like, sorry, you are too reliable a voter for us to talk to (LOL).

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,747

This is good. Baier will be a tough interview but more fair than the opinion faces from the network. 
    Baier is about the only level headed one at Fox since Wallace left.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Cavuto can be fair.

Cavuto can be fair.

He's probably better than Baier...figures they relegate him to their Business side in the middle of the afternoon.

Shannon Bream isn't terrible. 
    www.myspace.com
    I can’t believe we are betraying Morning Joe by saying this. 
    I can’t believe we are betraying Morning Joe by saying this. 
    and Maddow...

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786

You are amazing, Johnny Abruzzo.  Thank you for your most excellent efforts.

I live in a MAGA county, am old, have a shot immune system, and have difficulty conversing in person due to damaged hearing.  Sorry to be making excuses, but my going out would be awkward and difficult at best, and dangerous at worst.  The most I can do at this point is donate to the campaign, which for my income bracket has been sizable.  

Anyway, good show.  You rock! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

I live in a MAGA county, am old, have a shot immune system, and have difficulty conversing in person due to damaged hearing.  Sorry to be making excuses, but my going out would be awkward and difficult at best, and dangerous at worst.  The most I can do at this point is donate to the campaign, which for my income bracket has been sizable.  

Same with me but Obama did win Indiana in 2008

brianlux said:

Now it's Harris's turn... to win period!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• she is going to get blasted about the border on fox. she had better be ready.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Brianlux you are good. Appreciate the donations!

thanks guys. 

Brianlux you are good. Appreciate the donations!

thanks guys. 

:plus_one:

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    brianlux said:

Been thinking about this a lot lately. While my region (NW Indiana) is generally blue, my neighborhood definitely is not. I'm out in the county and very close to where the blueish goes dark red in an instant. That being said, along the nearest county roads I have seen more Harris signs than the other ones in the past few weeks. I've been pleasantly surprised and it has given me a glimmer of hope for a repeat of 08 for our state.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory