Will Pearl Jam change fan to fan next tour?

2»

Comments

• BigReddBigRedd Posts: 100
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    Priority administered by TicketsToday isn’t the solution either because once a member is selected all of selections in the order are satisfied based on availability. Show priority carried no weight.
    They would implement it the way 10C did 2018 and before obviously when it worked properly. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    Priority administered by TicketsToday isn’t the solution either because once a member is selected all of selections in the order are satisfied based on availability. Show priority carried no weight.
    They would implement it the way 10C did 2018 and before obviously when it worked properly. 
    Except they haven’t and no guarantee they would.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    Thats why we are saying to bring it back properly. History shows they are not capable of running a proper lotto though and 10C does not seem to give a shit. 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    Lifted said:
    I think a lot of fans still just haven’t learned how to use the system to their advantage. Patience is key. Sure there are some tweaks that could be made to improve it, but realistically, it’s never going to be perfect. Scalpers will always find a way to scalp.

The only thing that would satisfy everyone’s feelings about accessing tickets would be a huge US tour that we haven’t seen since 2006. Then it would be simple for everyone to get tickets with little effort. Unfortunately that’s just not going to happen anymore, and I’m not sure the band could sell enough tickets to do it even if they wanted to. 

In reality, the only shows that are somewhat difficult to acquire anymore are some of the cities in the northeast. It’d be cool to see the band acknowledge the love in the near future by doing something like 4 nights in Philly, 4 nights in NYC for example. I think it’d be a lot easier for the average fan to get into one of those shows that way. As it is, you often have to make plans with the blind faith that you’ll be able to purchase tickets within the 48 hours or so leading up to the show, which you usually can. Understandably, that is an approach that not everyone would feel comfortable with however.

They absolutely need to play more in the East but rather than 4 NYC/4 Philly it be nice to bring back 1 Pittsburgh 1 Buffalo 1 Hartford etc.
    I don’t actually expect either one to happen though.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    I think a residency is a possibility as they get older and management sees the success of the Sphere residencies. It will not be in secondary markets though. BUT, they should never skip Hartford when they play NYC and Boston.
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    Thats why we are saying to bring it back properly. History shows they are not capable of running a proper lotto though and 10C does not seem to give a shit. 
    And 10C no longer is interested in administering the lotto hence they’ve contracted TicketsToday.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    And 10C no longer is interested in administering the lotto hence they’ve contracted TicketsToday.
    Hence the reason why we are showing our displeasure and asking for priority again. I am not saying they will do it or are even listening but priority worked much better for us fans vs giving people GA for all of their shows and others getting shut out. 
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    Hence the reason why we are showing our displeasure and asking for priority again. I am not saying they will do it or are even listening but priority worked much better for us fans vs giving people GA for all of their shows and others getting shut out. 
    I don’t disagree but given the amount of entries received I don’t fault 10C for outsourcing. The good ol’ days are sadly behind us.

100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    BigRedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    rival9500 said:
    BRING BACK PRIORITY.
    I don’t disagree but given the amount of entries received I don’t fault 10C for outsourcing. The good ol’ days are sadly behind us.
    The amount of entries has to do with no will call. Put will call back as the only option for 10C and they lose a bunch of money on 10C accounts. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    BigRedd said:
    SHZA said:
    BigRedd said:
    SHZA said:
    BigRedd said:
    I was under assumption that we won’t beat scalpers.  Of course would love for them to go.
    Scalpers always win I agree. They are making it easier for them to win though with this system that does not allow normal fans to transfer.
    Normal fans can transfer tickets for MSG and Chicago. That hasn't made it harder on scalpers. 

They do have one tool that would shut down secondary ticket sales for other markets but they chose not to use it. Supposedly after the Vancouver shows they were going to eliminate barcodes in the TM app and require tickets to be put in the phone wallet. That would have made secondary tickets which rely on barcodes useless. I guess they didn't want to deal with the chaos. So the scalpers keep winning. Maybe they will do it next year, with fair warning that secondary site tickets won't work. Scalpers will still figure out a way to get around it but it would be nice if they at least try to institute some countermeasures. 
    There are way less fan to fan on MSG than other shows for them to scoop up. 

There seems to be a lot more Wrigley dropping than MSG but I think that is because of the venue size/tickets not transferable yet/fan to fan just opened up. 
    The number of tickets on F2F doesn't really shed any light on whether a transfer option is making it harder on scalpers. The number of tickets and average price on secondary sites are better measures. The ability to transfer for NYC and Chicago helps scalpers and encourages average fans to jack up the price as well. Making all shows transferable is not the answer.  
    I am not saying it is. I am saying if one group of people can transfer tickets you might as well make it available to everyone. Right nows the system is broken. Thats why I started this thread seeing if they were going to make any changes. . 

I also disagree about the average fan jacking up prices. If MSG was fan to fan only and non transferable the prices would be even higher than they are now. Brokers know how to manipulate the market especially a sold out show. Average fans usually see the lowest price and match. 

And, does the PJ Premium prices help the Scalpers make the prices even higher?

I HOPE there are some changes but I guess there won't be.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    Get_Right said:
    MJ178168 said:
    I would like to see show priority come back.  I think that could help keep ten club seats with those who are in the ten club.  I think you saw a lot of individuals who got numerous shows and probably dumped their tickets on f2f.  Whereas, there were a lot of ten clubbers completely shut out and were scavenging on f2f.  I think if you brought back ranking the priority of the shows during the lottery selection there is a better chance of tickets getting in the hands of those who really want and can go to the shows.
    Or limit number of lottery “winnings” to one show per draw, so fans can not win a second show until the computer goes thru everyone’s lottery draw and gives everyone a chance to win one show before awarding a second show to those that had those incredibly lucky multiple east coast wins.

The band gave little effort for the fans that live in the high demand regions in this years lottery, and it shows.

Everything you mention will cost TM money in coding and admin costs. They have no incentive to do it even though the band could require it.
    I just do not see it happening. I think the band has turned all of this over to management with limited input or oversight from the band, but have no facts to support that conclusion.

This could be accomplished with about ten lines of code.

there is always a huge paradox among the 10c faithful. We want cheaper tickets, yet are willing to spend hundreds of hours on ticketing websites hoping to snag something sold so far below market value it becomes nearly impossible to buy when we lose the initial ticket lottery.

Then our band decides to off load the lottery process to the hated TM, and that absolves them of all responsibility of unexpected changes with little information provided that created a very unusual draw that rewarded many with multiple shows that are in such high demand the fair value of tickets is $600 to $1000.

then we say maybe the band should not pay for one coder to spend a few hours coming up with fair rules that could stop scalpers, and they have no responsibility whatsoever to act. 

They could easily have continued the verified fan process for F2F, for the first three days after a ticket is posted. Part of that process could be to verify the buyer did not buy a PJ ticket within the last year (“ hey computer, if you see Pearl Jam in the purchase history, deny the order “) Also, part of the verification process is the buyer attended shows they buy tickets for historically. If it’s a new account or they don’t attend shows they buy tix for, they are not verified..or..come up with a secondary check.

Charge me an extra dollar or two for this proposed verified process for F2F . Beats spending seven thousand hours hitting f5 or $1000 on stub hub, while given to fly is filled with ticket holders lookin for their third fourth or fifth east coast show. Hey great for them but there is such an easy fix for the terrible draw Pearl Jam conducted this year.

Can be done quicker than it took me to type this, as my typing stinks.
    cutz said:
    BigRedd said:
    SHZA said:
    BigRedd said:
    SHZA said:
    BigRedd said:
    I was under assumption that we won’t beat scalpers.  Of course would love for them to go.
    Scalpers always win I agree. They are making it easier for them to win though with this system that does not allow normal fans to transfer.
    Normal fans can transfer tickets for MSG and Chicago. That hasn't made it harder on scalpers. 

They do have one tool that would shut down secondary ticket sales for other markets but they chose not to use it. Supposedly after the Vancouver shows they were going to eliminate barcodes in the TM app and require tickets to be put in the phone wallet. That would have made secondary tickets which rely on barcodes useless. I guess they didn't want to deal with the chaos. So the scalpers keep winning. Maybe they will do it next year, with fair warning that secondary site tickets won't work. Scalpers will still figure out a way to get around it but it would be nice if they at least try to institute some countermeasures. 
    There are way less fan to fan on MSG than other shows for them to scoop up. 

There seems to be a lot more Wrigley dropping than MSG but I think that is because of the venue size/tickets not transferable yet/fan to fan just opened up. 
    The number of tickets on F2F doesn't really shed any light on whether a transfer option is making it harder on scalpers. The number of tickets and average price on secondary sites are better measures. The ability to transfer for NYC and Chicago helps scalpers and encourages average fans to jack up the price as well. Making all shows transferable is not the answer.  
    I am not saying it is. I am saying if one group of people can transfer tickets you might as well make it available to everyone. Right nows the system is broken. Thats why I started this thread seeing if they were going to make any changes. . 

I also disagree about the average fan jacking up prices. If MSG was fan to fan only and non transferable the prices would be even higher than they are now. Brokers know how to manipulate the market especially a sold out show. Average fans usually see the lowest price and match. 

And, does the PJ Premium prices help the Scalpers make the prices even higher?

I HOPE there are some changes but I guess there won't be.

It probably does raise the prices for those that need to buy way ahead of the show date. At the end of the day, the market generally sets the prices fans are willing to pay. As we saw in Europe, that price was less than the 10C price in many instances. For MSG and Philly it will probably be higher than the 10C price. I have only had to resort to the secondary market once and that was for MSG. I forget which year, maybe 2016. You can get into most high demand shows for face value if you can wait until 48hrs before the show and with a bit of effort.
  • TahoeJeffTahoeJeff Posts: 30
    I don't have a problem with F2F. I got some great seats for both Seattle shows with a bit of patience. What I have more of an issue with is the dynamic pricing and PJ Premium Tickets. I heard a guy behind me say that he paid $600 for his seats, while I paid $192.50. That doesnt seem right. Especially for those fans who paid the high price and then couldn't sell their tickets at the price they paid because cheaper seats in the section came available. Section prices should be fixed.
    TahoeJeff said:
    I don't have a problem with F2F. I got some great seats for both Seattle shows with a bit of patience. What I have more of an issue with is the dynamic pricing and PJ Premium Tickets. I heard a guy behind me say that he paid $600 for his seats, while I paid $192.50. That doesnt seem right. Especially for those fans who paid the high price and then couldn't sell their tickets at the price they paid because cheaper seats in the section came available. Section prices should be fixed.

Elvis has left the building. TM is now using technology, data analytics, and an algorithm to get the highest possible price for each seat not sold through the 10C. The sell the crappy seats during the onsales, claim the show is sold out, and then everything is sold at premium pricing, down to the section, row and seat. Two seats that have a slightly better view are $100 more than the same seat one section over. Then they tack on outrageous fees that can be 15-30% of the ticket price. It is a monopoly of the purest kind. I hope the Justice Department actually does something about it this time around other than having a bogus settlement where I get $25 tickets to Fall Out Boy as compensation. 
    TahoeJeff said:
    I think people that are still ok with fan to fan are ok with the time sink and grind that comes with it or they are patient enough to wait until a couple of days out before the show. People are putting what is the equivalent of weeks in total time for these fall shows since fan to fan has been opened. That is not time well wasted or being patient as you call it. That is wasting your life. 

Seattle was full of bots getting great seats. Singles were different but pairs were very hard to come by and damn near impossible. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    -Tiered pricing 
    -Transfer ability among 10c members 
    -Prioritize shows
    -Ability to adjust F2F listings for below face value 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889

TM's model of trying to get top dollar for every seat is unsustainable. It worked for awhile after the pandemic but the market isn't going to be there long term especially as fans become more savvy 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited July 18
    JojoRice said:
    -Tiered pricing 
    -Prioritize shows

As a 10c'er, I'm not eager on making our tickets transferrable.  It encourages people to put in for as many shows as possible, then trade for the shows they really wanted to go too, which pushes the people that actually wanted to use there tickets for those shows further back.

It's one thing I don't like about fan2fan either.  It makes 10c tickets pretty disposable.  Put in for all the shows, sell the tickets if you don't like them.

I dunno, I guess it's my preference, but the harder it is to offload the tickets, the more I think it makes people think twice about ordering them, and the higher the odds the people that do actually use them, and gets everyone a bit closer to the stage.

It also creates a pretty easy loophole for scalpers.  They make sure they have a 10c membership, and if they can flip tickets for big profit, they just buy one for the buyer of the tickets using the proceeds.
    Zod said:
    JojoRice said:
    -Tiered pricing 
    -Prioritize shows

As a 10c'er, I'm not eager on making our tickets transferrable.  It encourages people to put in for as many shows as possible, then trade for the shows they really wanted to go too, which pushes the people that actually wanted to use there tickets for those shows further back.

It's one thing I don't like about fan2fan either.  It makes 10c tickets pretty disposable.  Put in for all the shows, sell the tickets if you don't like them.

I dunno, I guess it's my preference, but the harder it is to offload the tickets, the more I think it makes people think twice about ordering them, and the higher the odds the people that do actually use them, and gets everyone a bit closer to the stage.

It also creates a pretty easy loophole for scalpers.  They make sure they have a 10c membership, and if they can flip tickets for big profit, they just buy one for the buyer of the tickets using the proceeds.

I agree with this. If you buy 10C tickets, you are stuck with them and you lose your money if you cannot go. Tickets are tied to the named member only with no exceptions. Advise 10C you cannot make the show and let them give the tickets to someone else in the 10C. It is not the 10Cs job to reallocate tickets once sold. Seems harsh and yes, life gets in the way sometimes, but if you really cannot make a show due to a life event, $350 is probably the least of your troubles. If you are unsure about the travel costs, timing etc, then do not buy them! This would eliminate people buying tix just for the sake of having them and that mentality of "I will figure it out later, I can always sell them." I also get frustrated when these same fans complain they lost $100 when selling their tickets after they figure out it costs $1000 (or more) to spend two nights in New York, Chicago or Boston.
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,272
    Is there a direct link for f2f or is it just the face value exchange ticket filter in the Ticketmaster app?
    Is there a direct link for f2f or is it just the face value exchange ticket filter in the Ticketmaster app?
    Thats it
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,272
    BigRedd said:
    Thats it
    Thanks
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The "fans" are a large part of the problem.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.