Mike greatest he's ever been

2»

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    I was like 15' away from him in the two Vegas shows and just totally mesmerized. I barely looked at the rest of the band. (he caught me looking over at Eddie once - like dude you're Mike side, I'm the fucking show right here!)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 565
    Lifted said:
    Love Mike- love that man.  But his prime for me was 94-2000.  Listen to pretty much any Black from 98 or those Europe 96 porches for Mike on another level.  
    I think Mike would disagree with you. I have to side with the majority on this one, he has never played better than he is right now.
    He’s certainly playing fast right now, but that doesn’t necessarily make it better imo.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • BarrygooseyBarrygoosey Posts: 49
    Lifted said:
    Love Mike- love that man.  But his prime for me was 94-2000.  Listen to pretty much any Black from 98 or those Europe 96 porches for Mike on another level.  
    I think Mike would disagree with you. I have to side with the majority on this one, he has never played better than he is right now.
    He’s certainly playing fast right now, but that doesn’t necessarily make it better imo.
    Agree. But, neither does playing slower. He's a musician. We're always trying to improve. I feel he's succeeding on multiple levels, both in the studio and live. Ymmv
    I want to be clever, but I don't know how. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    Honestly I think the whole band is at its peak. I love it when they all come together on stage and jam in front of Matt. It's like watching the greatest bar band ever assembled because they are all within about 10 feet of each other just fucking jamming some of the most iconic riffs ever put together.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    I felt this way back in 16 for the first 4 Florida shows.  He seemed to get better w each show. Having new music to get behind picks the bands spirits up too.

Maybe I should go to more than 2 shows after reading this thread.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,487
    You should Chris 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    His guitar work on porch from Manchester was otherworldly. Just listened to the bootleg last night. The band, and Mike in particular, really carried that show with Eddie being so sick. It felt like maybe they elevated themselves a bit to compensate. Can’t say the singer not being able to sing made it a great show, but it definitely made the bootleg interesting in a lot of ways.