Noblesville show and Indy road construction.

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,851
edited June 18 in Given To Fly (live)
Yo folks, wanted to give all who are staying in downtown Indy or outlying areas a heads up. There is major road construction on I-465 on the east and northeast sides, which is the route to I-69 and the venue. Plan accordingly

should note 65 to the north of Indy has perpetual construction as well.

70 mm96 or so to mm105 both directions and apparently west of Indy as well.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    mickeyrat said:
    Yo folks, wanted to give all who are staying in downtown Indy or outlying areas a heads up. There is major road construction on I-465 on the east and northeast sides, which is the route to I-69 and the venue. Plan accordingly
    You would like to think this far out from the show it wouldn't be an issue, but nope. Indiana road construction is accomplished at the same pace of a snail making it's way across the road.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,131
    Booked a flight to land at 2PM the day of the show, and then leave at 9AM the next morning if I can secure a ticket. Thanks for the heads up!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    Booked a flight to land at 2PM the day of the show, and then leave at 9AM the next morning if I can secure a ticket. Thanks for the heads up!
    The airport is on the West side, so you should be good approaching Noblesville from that direction. The construction is on the East side. For now.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll be driving in from NJ. I just looked it up and the directions has me on I-69 for about 8-9 miles.

Anyone know how bad that will be? or is there another option? or just ride it out on I-69?

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,851
    edited June 18
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll be driving in from NJ. I just looked it up and the directions has me on I-69 for about 8-9 miles.

Anyone know how bad that will be? or is there another option? or just ride it out on I-69?

Assuming you are dropping down to 70 at some point. What route into and out of Ohio are you taking?
    I'm coming in from east as well, Columbus on 70. Google shows me getting off at In-109 north. xt 115. Loves and Speedway truckstops at that exit. avoids all of it. 70 construction and 465.....

Shared route From (40.1084072,-83.0597702) to Ruoff Music Center via I-70 W.  2 hr 47 min (175 mi) For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/Rr5TG1XHCRN6JfZRA?g_st=ac

this is more direct.

search under Marion County

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 251
    To piggyback off of OP, if you'll be driving and your route has you get on I-465N to I-69, stay vigilant and watch for signs that say "I-465 Express Lane" (the express lane starts at Fall Creek but there is signage beforehand to let you know it's approaching). You want to stay in the two right lanes so that you can exit onto I-69.

Once you're in the I-465N express lane, it is not possible to access I-69...you'll have to exit I-465 at Keystone and then backtrack. 

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
    To piggyback off of OP, if you'll be driving and your route has you get on I-465N to I-69, stay vigilant and watch for signs that say "I-465 Express Lane" (the express lane starts at Fall Creek but there is signage beforehand to let you know it's approaching). You want to stay in the two right lanes so that you can exit onto I-69.

Once you're in the I-465N express lane, it is not possible to access I-69...you'll have to exit I-465 at Keystone and then backtrack. 

and some part of this may change in the next 2 months as well, temporarily or otherwise.

mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Assuming you are dropping down to 70 at some point. What route into and out of Ohio are you taking?
    I'm coming in from east as well, Columbus on 70. Google shows me getting off at In-109 north. xt 115. Loves and Speedway truckstops at that exit. avoids all of it. 70 construction and 465.....

Shared route From (40.1084072,-83.0597702) to Ruoff Music Center via I-70 W.  2 hr 47 min (175 mi) For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/Rr5TG1XHCRN6JfZRA?g_st=ac

this is more direct.

Yes, 70 in and all the way through Ohio.

And right now GPS has me also getting off at 109N(X-115)
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    mickeyrat said:
    You would like to think this far out from the show it wouldn't be an issue, but nope. Indiana road construction is accomplished at the same pace of a snail making it's way across the road.
    Yeah, I hit Deer Creek almost every year. Seems like this shit was already going on the last 2 years. Sounds like they haven't accomplished much.
    I'm heading there next weekend. Gonna be hitting that stretch around 4p on a Friday. Should be fun.
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

this is more direct.

Thats the way to go to avoid all of it. at least to the venue. where is your hotel in relation to venue?

mickeyrat said:

and some part of this may change in the next 2 months as well, temporarily or otherwise.

AND it did change this week. through lanes moved to join the exit only side. now its just make sure to exit at 69.....

cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

this is more direct.

We have a big project just to the west of downtown Columbus. Majir upgrade reconfiguration of 70/71 split on the westside.

ODOT has a great app called ohgo. suggest downloading for the trip. they will shut 70 down at downtown for overhead beam setting etc on occasion. super easy detour if thats the case,  consult the app on the way to.....

I can update for that weekend as well

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    We’re really talking about traffic 2+ months before the show? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    We’re really talking about traffic 2+ months before the show? 
    lol...yeah my suggestion is to use Google maps and do whatever it says. It will know what construction is going on and what the fastest/best route is.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

this is more direct.

Thats the way to go to avoid all of it. at least to the venue. where is your hotel in relation to venue?
    I'm staying close to the Venue(I can walk to the Venue from where I'm staying).

So, I should be good?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cutz said:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

this is more direct.

I'm staying close to the Venue(I can walk to the Venue from where I'm staying).

So, I should be good?
    yep...good to go
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana