Favorite Ed-isms Vocals

StoveStove Posts: 320
Ed is obviously a great frontman but I wanna get to great little vocal accents  (real nerd stuff) he does that I'm just a fan of. Put your favs wether live or in the studio! My examples are the studio versions. 

Running- "Yay! yay! yay!"/"Yeah Yeah Yeah"  (0:10)
(Also honorable mention of whatever he's saying at the end that is not in the visualizer captions, I know he swears and its always great when we get ED saying "F***" b/c you know he means it.)

Severed Hand- "Whoa!" (3:31)

Save You- "OOO!" (1:54)

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    I've always enjoyed the way he growls the word "ramifications" in "Grievance."

Also tough to beat the bellowing at the end of "Jeremy," not to mention the backing vocals on the "try to forget this" and "try to erase this..." lines.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,463
    I love the ah ah ah ah ah in Pendulum 

Also a new fave is the way he sings hand in Upper Hand when he goes ha-an-and and goes lower each time

• ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    BF25394 said:
    I've always enjoyed the way he growls the word "ramifications" in "Grievance."

Also tough to beat the bellowing at the end of "Jeremy," not to mention the backing vocals on the "try to forget this" and "try to erase this..." lines.
    Agree on both of those. Love a crowd singalong at the end of Jeremy too. 

Also Got Some 0:17 ish, he makes a sort of “uhh” noise that is more of a growl on some of the bootlegs. 
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Oceans on the Unplugged recording. It is interspersed with them. Gives me goosebumps. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    These are what him special. I agree lots of them give goose bumps..real emotions 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • There’s a really nice one at the end of Come Back on Seattle 2 from this year I just listened to, at about the 4.41 mark.  Great version incidentally.
    All the incandescence , that is your essence 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I always love the a ha a ha in faithfull
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    His shouting in Grievance. So good.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    All the incandescence , that is your essence 
    I think it's: "Uh (or ah), the incandescence that is your essence..." (The liner notes show the line as "the incandescence that is your essence.")
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.