Give us a favorite 1980s song!

12345679»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,188
    I was in some need of new speakers 1989, so off to Circuit City....anyone remember that store. I'm checking the sounds when I feel and hear the walls rattling. I remember saying who is playing that heavy ass riff. I went over to the listening room and there was the CD Not Of This Earth by Joe Satriani and the song Hordes of Locusts. The next day I bought it which then started my following of Satch.
    However, the song that I treasure from the 80's from Satch is this one....Always With You, Always With Me
    from the album....
    Surfing With An Alien
    https://youtu.be/BsJisD7n8_Q?si=24_l2F-NuWK9mYYW
    LIVE, speaking, of I'm going to see him this weekend hoping for no rain. I'll be chilling out on the lawn here in WPB, FL.
    ✌️

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited July 10
    g under p said:
    GRACE UNDER PRESSURE....the album that started my madness with RUSH. I had heard of the band when a friend played 2112. I listened 🎶 and I remember saying, what the hell was that side 1, it was brilliant and so different like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. I then put the band on the back burner for years listening, following their music till 1984. I decided to see them live on the GUP Tour. I was blown away, as they seem to blow the roof off of the 14k Hampton Coliseum, Hampton VA. I was hooked from that moment till the last time I saw them live 49 shows later at Tampa FL 2015. They're STILL to this day my #1 Rock band. Oh it's my all-time favorite album with my favorite song all-time
    Red Sector A.

✌️
    I forgot to post a video of the song RSA. This is how I remember seeing and hearing the song RED SECTOR A for the first time.

https://youtu.be/B3ytkyn3vUU?si=92PPaYYzIx5MToVm

RSA video with scenes from Band Of Brothers which really shows and gives the true perspective of the Holocaust.

https://youtu.be/BZ-jHBHhOFQ?si=lEoEVdCTSuzgvA2-

✌️
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    I really love this lead off song from Green on Red's excellent album, Gas Food Lodging.  I find myself listing to it frequently lately and for good reason. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This one from one of my favorite country singers Garth Brooks. It was released 1989 and the song is If Tomorrow NeverComes. 
    I'm secretly a big country music fan but I really love GB. I was first in line a few years later but he so hot then. The eight or so tickets I got landed me and some friends stage left, two rows from the top of the Capital Centre. For some reason I barely remember the show except for this song, I  treasure it to this day.
    https://youtu.be/sNaJG0XJaRE?si=hbtyiYCMOx6bk-4O

✌️

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    g under p said:
    This one from one of my favorite country singers Garth Brooks. It was released 1989 and the song is If Tomorrow NeverComes. 
    I'm secretly a big country music fan but I really love GB. I was first in line a few years later but he so hot then. The eight or so tickets I got landed me and some friends stage left, two rows from the top of the Capital Centre. For some reason I barely remember the show except for this song, I  treasure it to this day.
    https://youtu.be/sNaJG0XJaRE?si=hbtyiYCMOx6bk-4O

✌️

As far as country goes, I mostly like some of the old-timers like Ernest Tubb and Merle Haggard, and the "outlaw country" guys Willie, Waylon, Kris, and Johnny.  And l like Garth Brooks too.  My wife is a big fan and has seen him a couple of times over the years.  I get a strong sense that he's one good dude. 

Nice song, G.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.