Options

*** Los Angeles, CA 1 Fanviews Here 5.21.24 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    Did the kid ever get his basketball back after the show? Ed gave him one but then took it back so he didn't have to hold it in the pit the whole show. 

I believe so! Ed took the ball during the encore (forgot whether it was during Baba or not) and brought it to the audience to pass back to him
    Saw it at the end, it was autographed by the whole band 🤟
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,912
    Did the kid ever get his basketball back after the show? Ed gave him one but then took it back so he didn't have to hold it in the pit the whole show. 

I believe so! Ed took the ball during the encore (forgot whether it was during Baba or not) and brought it to the audience to pass back to him
    I can confirm as I was the one deputized to pass it back to him.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,287
    Hope the kid doesn't use it! 
    Kid: 'why did they write all over this!?!?'
    'I'm gonna wash it when I get home...'
  • Options
    scottdodge.1914scottdodge.1914 OC, CA Posts: 1
    Uglyman said:
    For the Breaking Bad fans here this is what I thought of the band after the show. The setlist was tight. The musicianship, the singing. All tight. Show #39 and it was solid. 

Speaking of Breaking Bad, my wife bumped her 31 week baby bump in to Krysten Ritter aka Jesse Pinkman's girlfriend on the show! She was coming back from the bathroom coming to meet me and she bumped into her and said hi, but Ritter quickly took off into a roped VIP section before my wife could ask for a pic!
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I went to both nights, LA-1 and LA-2.  I'm posting this in both fanview threads. It's funny that my N2 seat was right behind my N1 seat. Technically, the sound was off-sounding on N2. Fuzzier, less bass, less punch. It wasn't the same. The crowds, both nights, were amazing. Totally pumped, not the passive crowds LA is known for which I've experiences and see others complain about. The band, both nights, was amazing, totally pumped and nailing it. Across the two nights, I got several songs I always wanted to see but never had. Like SOLAT, In my tree, All those yesterdays for example. The new album stuff was great!
    I am so done with Baba and RITFW. Especially the latter. The band and guests plus the front 1/4th of the floor looked like they were having fun. For me, up the side on Stone's side, it was more like being a parent watching kids and their friends at a backyard birthday party on a portable jumper/bouncer. They could have fit 3 songs in that slot. Like Rats, Got to give and In hiding. Aside the RITFW comment, really well done and a wonderful two nights.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    UglymanUglyman Posts: 78
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow. Has Eddie ever played RVM without guitar? Strange.

I'm thinking he's starting to have Josh play some stuff because Eddie has tendonitis, according to him just recently, and giving up some of his guitar bits is to save him from making it worse. Pure speculation of course, but EV is definitely playing less, and since he claimed tendonitis is an ongoing/permanent problem, I feel like there is likely a connection. I'm sure the fact that Josh's playing is awesome also plays a part in it of course.
    Night 2 I saw Ed flexing the fingers on his left hand, shaking it like it was bothering him. 
    You can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself.
  • Options
    PJBPJB Posts: 40
    I went to both nights, LA-1 and LA-2.  I'm posting this in both fanview threads. It's funny that my N2 seat was right behind my N1 seat. Technically, the sound was off-sounding on N2. Fuzzier, less bass, less punch. It wasn't the same. The crowds, both nights, were amazing. Totally pumped, not the passive crowds LA is known for which I've experiences and see others complain about. The band, both nights, was amazing, totally pumped and nailing it. Across the two nights, I got several songs I always wanted to see but never had. Like SOLAT, In my tree, All those yesterdays for example. The new album stuff was great!
    I am so done with Baba and RITFW. Especially the latter. The band and guests plus the front 1/4th of the floor looked like they were having fun. For me, up the side on Stone's side, it was more like being a parent watching kids and their friends at a backyard birthday party on a portable jumper/bouncer. They could have fit 3 songs in that slot. Like Rats, Got to give and In hiding. Aside the RITFW comment, really well done and a wonderful two nights.
    - I had the same seating experience, my seats were literally three seats apart in the same section for both nights.  perhaps this was a coding thing that was spit out but a computer? (sec E)
    - I had the complete opposite experience though - I thought night 1 was one of the more lackluster shows I have seen (no counting but probably around 50 since 1994).  I felt like there were sound issues and low energy on N1 - and that N2 saved the twofer. A buddy said the same.  I thought Ed also looked less interested on N1 (of course Mikey fucking killed it both nights god bless him). Perhaps it is person dependent? I did have an irritating neighbor on N1 that was distracting.....
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,372
    edited May 28
    PJB said:
    - I had the same seating experience, my seats were literally three seats apart in the same section for both nights.  perhaps this was a coding thing that was spit out but a computer? (sec E)
    - I had the complete opposite experience though - I thought night 1 was one of the more lackluster shows I have seen (no counting but probably around 50 since 1994).  I felt like there were sound issues and low energy on N1 - and that N2 saved the twofer. A buddy said the same.  I thought Ed also looked less interested on N1 (of course Mikey fucking killed it both nights god bless him). Perhaps it is person dependent? I did have an irritating neighbor on N1 that was distracting.....
    nvm
    Post edited by spankyMP on
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,372
    Did they fix Faithfull?

(Someone asked about how it's spelled. The Pearl Jam song Faithfull is spelled with 2 l's - the original meaning of this song by my take is it's a critique of people who use religion to advance their own agendas and oppress others, i.e. abortion bans, anti-LGBT laws. Over time it's become an anthem for the die hard Pearl Jam fans - The Faithfull. Anyway, when referenced as a PJ song, it should ALWAYS have 2 l's.)
    Listening to the boot now and can say they definitely did! Jeff is jumping out of the speakers.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24