Options

*** LAS VEGAS 2 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 306
    SOLAT319 said:
    I like the combination of two nights’ setlists. 
    Same.
  • Options
    borisdiscoborisdisco Posts: 120
    Another excellent show. Glad I picked LV for my west coast destination. Looking forward to MSG in September. Ed’s voice was super strong on Thursday. For having throat issues I thought he did very well tonight. You Are, Out of My Mind and Porch were the highlights for me tonight. They all seem to be enjoying themselves. 
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 174
    edited May 19
    Maybe he needs to cut down on a few of the harder songs. Looks like they played more and more hard songs in the last 3 shows. Might be part of it, unless it's a flu-like bug or something. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    Made the flight y'all. IFYKYK. GREAT weekend of concerts. Not even mad I lost the equivalent to 2 tickets😅

See you down the road🤘

1st pic:

Last pic:

Current pic:

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Hmm, good setlist. Don't get the hype around Out Of My Mind. Imo it is not a very good song.

So far my favourite setlists were the first 3 of this tour. Will surely listen to the others, as well, but so far no must have bootlegs for me. Although I heard Vegas 1 had a special energy? I'm curious how that translated to the sound. 

I thought this version of Out of My Mind was superior to that in Austin.  Boot will tell.
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ OKC ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ 2024 Vegas 1 & 2 ~~
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    edited May 19
    Hmm, good setlist. Don't get the hype around Out Of My Mind. Imo it is not a very good song.

So far my favourite setlists were the first 3 of this tour. Will surely listen to the others, as well, but so far no must have bootlegs for me. Although I heard Vegas 1 had a special energy? I'm curious how that translated to the sound. 

Out of my mind is 1000x better then MYM.

So is gremmie, dirty frank, sad, education and every single song on lost dogs. 

MYM is a bottom 5 tier pj song that's been played twice this tour when it should never get played again.

Hard to actually name a high paced song worse then MYM
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,473

MYM is a bottom 5 tier pj song that's been played twice this tour when it should never get played again.

Disagree with this take but hey to each their own.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    I think MYM is great live. Enjoy it every time.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 809

Agree. Not top5 bottom for me, but for sure those songs you mentioned are way better
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    Robbert said:

Agree. Not top5 bottom for me, but for sure those songs you mentioned are way better
    Might have been over the top. If there are 160 PJ songs in the catalog there are at least 140 better options. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Maybe he needs to cut down on a few of the harder songs. Looks like they played more and more hard songs in the last 3 shows. Might be part of it, unless it's a flu-like bug or something. 
    What are you even saying here?

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    I did not follow along with the set. Is Ed sick?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    Woah. You Are....was cranking that in my garage today!
    Never heard Out of my mind. Thx for posting

I'm thinking Of the Earth will be played on this tour.
    Quite the set!!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    edited May 19
    PJNB said:
    I did not follow along with the set. Is Ed sick?
    He mentioned something about a sore throat and getting an IV so I'm guessing he must be....or hungover af!
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    MortalityMortality Posts: 156
    Robbert said:

They are also 2-3 times as long. MYM isn't stealing your favorite songs spot, if anything it steals 2 minutes from Ed's talks. Great Mike riff as well which is unusual for their punk songs, usually a throw away Ed riff driving those.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,729
    Hopefully it played out well for those in attendance, but on paper, this is by far the weakest setlist of the tour in my opinion.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    edited May 19
    Lifted said:
    Hopefully it played out well for those in attendance, but on paper, this is by far the weakest setlist of the tour in my opinion.
    Just waking up from a 2hr power nap and getting ready to drive back home, but as far as the setlist - there were a few highlights and on paper it might look a little weak. Based on previous setlists so far, some phoning it in on the song choices for sure. In person - LOTS of energy, I feel strung out. I hope I make it home in one piece, I'm getting too old for this sh*t. 

I just hope Ed's voice holds through Seattle, my next stops!  He really seemed to be extending himself after complaining about his throat, but the crowd filled in a lot. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,517
    Go Animal said:
    Made the flight y'all. IFYKYK. GREAT weekend of concerts. Not even mad I lost the equivalent to 2 tickets😅

See you down the road🤘

1st pic:

Last pic:

Current pic:

Caught the redeye! Well done. Hope you got some sleep 🤘🏻🎶🎸
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    SHZA said:
    Go Animal said:

See you down the road🤘

1st pic:

Last pic:

Current pic:

Caught the redeye! Well done. Hope you got some sleep 🤘🏻🎶🎸
    Thank ya, sir! I think I did? I'm telling myself I did😅

Currently at my layover at JFK, just lounging. Honestly, the thrill of "will I make it? Why did I book this shit??" gave a enhanced sense of urgency to the encore😂
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Dedicated to @mcgruff10
    Ha ha.   What an awful song.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    ^ It's awkward but I love that about it. Maybe matches my personality. 

• Options
    AC300802AC300802 LA Area, California Posts: 60
    Lifted said:
    Played out perfectly. I had no issues with the setlist. The hits were fire and the rarities fun.
    Crowd was good. Band was excellent. Eddie said he was battling throat issues so there seemed to be more crowd participation and a couple extended solos. Great show.
  • Options
    foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 700

Sorry man, throw away out of my mind is not better just bc they dont play it ever. Mym is one of the best heavy songs they put out in the latter half of their career. 

“Great Mike riff as well which is unusual for their punk songs, usually a throw away Ed riff driving those.” - Thats actually accurate. Good lyrics, great riff, great vocals and a song the crowd always gets into. 

No one gets into out of my mind, which Ive seen live.  

Keep playing mym. I hope it shows up every other show. 

• Options

Sorry man, throw away out of my mind is not better just bc they dont play it ever. Mym is one of the best heavy songs they put out in the latter half of their career. 

“Great Mike riff as well which is unusual for their punk songs, usually a throw away Ed riff driving those.” - Thats actually accurate. Good lyrics, great riff, great vocals and a song the crowd always gets into. 

"Out of my mind"
    Guy next to me: what song is this? 

"MYM
    We're smoking cigarettes after, cause it was better than sex

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,473
    njhaley1 said:

"Out of my mind"

"MYM

Guy next to me had the same question on OOMM.

As for MYM, while I like the song I don’t think I can agree with the comparison. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:

"Out of my mind"

"MYM

Guy next to me had the same question on OOMM.

As for MYM, while I like the song I don’t think I can agree with the comparison. 
    Let's trade wives.