Options

Major problem with 10C ADA seats in Vegas

chalonchalon Posts: 114
edited May 17 in The Porch
I was super excited when I got floor “ADA” seats for both nights in Vegas through 10C. The section was Floor D ADA. However, I quickly discovered these seats are absolutely not usable for people in wheelchairs (as I essentially am). The problem is these floor “ADA” seats are not on a raised platform, so as soon as everyone in the 20+ rows in front stood up at the start of the set, I literally could not see anything.

This does not match what seemed to be the case in the original seating chart, which seemed to indicate that the back floor sections (including D) would be raised so that the people in the ADA seats would actually be able to see above the people in section Floor A.

I’m not sure what happened here, but someone messed up. Either the venue misrepresented that the seats were ADA or 10C/Ticketmaster accidentally assigned seats as ADA when they clearly should not be. Or, for some reason, the configuration was changed at the last minute to eliminate the raised platform but the ADA section wasn’t accounted for. But I’ve been to dozens of major concert venues and this is literally the first time I was in an ADA seat that didn’t have a clear line of sight for people with a wheelchair.

Faced with the prospect that I wouldn’t see the the stage at all for the entire show, I ended up talking to a manager who, to their credit, was able to get me moved to ADA seats on the concourse in 127. Not the start I wanted to the show, as I didn’t really get to enjoy the first three songs because I was dealing with all this. Ultimately, I was able to get something that worked for me and enjoyed the rest of the show, but I’m just really disappointed that I was assigned “ADA” seats that clearly were not ADA-compliant.
Post edited by chalon on

Comments

• Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 234
    I'm pretty sure this is not the forum to voice your wrong situation. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,799
    Sorry to hear your situation. I had ADA seats in the same row (bought through 10c) on the right aisle. My ticket buddy, even with a long gap in front of her due to the aisle, couldn’t see the stage. We lucked out in that the camera/video control guy was across the aisle so she watched most of the show from his monitors there.

I had bought ADA specifically for similar reasons, and the floor seating was an odd location for sure given it being in the middle of the reserved floor seats.

I’d contact the venue, as the floorplan has been represented accurately to the layout on TM and most likely the venue’s issue for locating tickets there. I was expected top row sides of the 100 level but wondering if our 10c numbers put us higher priority for floor ADA…?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,402
    There have been many complaints about tickets this year but this one is different.  That’s terrible what they did.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    Sorry to hear, but glad you got it resolved. I had to deal with an ADA seat request recently. My wife had tickets 8 rows up in the balcony to a comedy show in early April at the Victory Theater in Evansville, IN. She broke her foot a week before the show and was given no weight bearing orders and using a knee scooter to get around, so climbing stairs was out. I called the venue to see if they could help us. They told me to show up at the venue, assess the seats and if she couldn't physically do it, that they would take care of us. When we saw the seats we knew she wouldn't have been able to do it. I talked to an usher and they were great. We ended up in the 3rd row of center section right up front in an area set aside for ADA. 
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    As an update, I emailed 10C and they are working to fix the issue at the venue for tomorrow night.

We have let Ticketmaster know the situation and they are contacting the venue to make sure you are all set for tomorrow night and that this doesn't happen again. If it does happen, please email us right away and we can help.