Who’s Going To Fenway

Comments

• MB93672MB93672 Posts: 293
    Looking into going to the Seahawks Patriots game on Sunday. No car. Train is 1.5 hours? Worth it? Is there a better way to get there? Thanks!
  • MB93672 said:
    Looking into going to the Seahawks Patriots game on Sunday. No car. Train is 1.5 hours? Worth it? Is there a better way to get there? Thanks!
    So, going to a game or a show the train is great. Coming home from it is a whole different ball of wax. It's really slow through some of the towns in between Boston and Foxborough, but you dont have the headaches of waiting in the parking lot god forbid traffic is really bad.
  • Aye Davinita debut I’m calling it.
    MB93672 said:
    So, going to a game or a show the train is great. Coming home from it is a whole different ball of wax. It's really slow through some of the towns in between Boston and Foxborough, but you dont have the headaches of waiting in the parking lot god forbid traffic is really bad.
    OK great. I was planning on leaving in the 3rd or 4th quarter to avoid all that. If the train is the way to go to Gillette Stadium, then I'll do that. Just seemed kinda long at over an hour. Thanks, appreciate it!
  • MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    OK great. I was planning on leaving in the 3rd or 4th quarter to avoid all that. If the train is the way to go to Gillette Stadium, then I'll do that. Just seemed kinda long at over an hour. Thanks, appreciate it!
    The only thing is I don't believe that they have trains that leave throughout the day, IIRC. For the two times I've taken it, it's a whole package deal of one train in and one train out. Though, I haven't taken it for a game since the 2019 preseason, FWIW, the MBTA could've made a change there.
    edited September 13
    MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    The only thing is I don't believe that they have trains that leave throughout the day, IIRC. For the two times I've taken it, it's a whole package deal of one train in and one train out. Though, I haven't taken it for a game since the 2019 preseason, FWIW, the MBTA could've made a change there.

Oh shit. OK good to know. I'll have to look into that. Wouldn't mind doing an $80 Uber back to Fenway away if need be if the train turns out to not be running. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    One train down & one train back sounds right, and unless I'm mistaken, the return train leaves right on time, so make sure you don't miss it. 
  • One train down & one train back sounds right, and unless I'm mistaken, the return train leaves right on time, so make sure you don't miss it. 
    Correct! It leaves half an hour after game conclusion. Let me tell you that was clutch for Jay-Z and Beyonce a few years back, but just sloooooooow.
  • SP218311SP218311 Posts: 230
    There is one train, and it leaves Foxboro 30 minutes after the end of the game (we are such a world class city when it comes to public transportation...).  Should still get you back to Boston in time for PJ though!
    1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
    I really hope not lol
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't think trying to get to Foxboro and back to Boston is worth it on Sunday. Every bar in town will have the game on, plenty of them right around Fenway. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    There’s a guitar center right there? Anyone want to pick a time and jam?

We can play the oldest coolest acoustic they have and we can play Pearl Jam songs?
    I really hope not lol
    Why it’s 2 minutes?
  • anyone get the 10C email with the sunday times for GA doors, Glen, and PJ?
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    LC said:
    MA shows...the band always steps up their game in a huge way...especially in the setlist department.
    In last 25 years
    -2003 Mansfield Experiment...speaks for itself
    -2004...2 VFC shows added after the fact and played Alone for first time in 10 years
    -2006...played Leash for first time in 11 years which was HUGE at the time
    -2010...crazy setlist at TD...Pilate, Force of Nature, Push Me Pull Me, Crown of Thorns
    -2013 Worcester...played both Fatal and Otherside over the 2 nights
    -2016 Fenway...Strangest Tribe and Angel over the two nights
    -2018 Fenway....Out of My Mind....changed up (original?) Immortality lyrics

Bottomline...the band has no fear to let it loose in New England....hopefully they go crazy again this time around.

Best thing about Leash was people were begging for it for years.  Vedder didn’t introduce it in any way they just broke into it like they play it every show.  I was also at MSG 2003 and he made note of a sign that said “play leash you f’ing pussies”. Haha
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • southpsouthp Posts: 293
    Wyncoop1 said:
    anyone get the 10C email with the sunday times for GA doors, Glen, and PJ?
    I was just walking by around 9pm and there was already a guy in line. A full 48 hrs before show time!

• We are just hours away folks. It’s not real!
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    How are folks who are arriving in town today planning to spend this evening? Have some folks in from outta town and thinking about ways to keep them entertained lol.
    AlaG said:
    How are folks who are arriving in town today planning to spend this evening? Have some folks in from outta town and thinking about ways to keep them entertained lol.
    We are going to walk around towards Boston Common, Beacon Hill and out towards Faneuil Market. Thinking about crossing over to Cambridge later this evening as we’ve been here many times and never seen the Harvard area. 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    southp said:
    AlaG said:
    We are going to walk around towards Boston Common, Beacon Hill and out towards Faneuil Market. Thinking about crossing over to Cambridge later this evening as we’ve been here many times and never seen the Harvard area. 
    If you end up in Central Square in Cambridge you could pop into Roxy’s Grilled Cheese. There is an unmarked big walk in freezer door and when you go through it opens up into a big adult arcade and cocktail bar speakeasy style. Pretty fun spot. If looking for something more fancy Little Donkey has fabulous drinks and eats tapas style. Longfellow bar has really good cocktails too. 
  • Jadler said:
    southp said:
    AlaG said:
    If you end up in Central Square in Cambridge you could pop into Roxy’s Grilled Cheese. There is an unmarked big walk in freezer door and when you go through it opens up into a big adult arcade and cocktail bar speakeasy style. Pretty fun spot. If looking for something more fancy Little Donkey has fabulous drinks and eats tapas style. Longfellow bar has really good cocktails too. 
    As an MIT employee on the central square side of things I second this. Also Miracle of Science has become one of my locals of late.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    Chappell Roan dance party at the Middle East tonight if you're in Central and really looking to get loose
  • Bad news for beers - I woke up
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    southp said:
    AlaG said:
    Highly recommend Wusong Road in Harvard Square. Asian-inspired tiki bar drinks, reasonably priced food, good vibe. Charlie’s Kitchen’s beer garden if you’re looking for something slightly more casual.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    Bad news for beers - I woke up
    Same but for crazy bloody Mary's.

Beers know they are next
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,761
    edited September 14
    Looks like barcodes are active and tickets can now be ‘forwarded’.
  • Bad news for beers - I woke up
    Same but for crazy bloody Mary's.

Beers know they are next
    😂
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
    Thanks for the recommendations on Cambridge.The speakeasy arcade sounds cool.  We just walked around Beacon Hill and bumped into Matt Cameron walking up Charles St about an hour ago. I managed a quick hello and “we’ll be there tomorrow”. He was very nice but I didn’t feel right stopping for a long chat or pic. That made my day!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    southp said:
    Thanks for the recommendations on Cambridge.The speakeasy arcade sounds cool.  We just walked around Beacon Hill and bumped into Matt Cameron walking up Charles St about an hour ago. I managed a quick hello and “we’ll be there tomorrow”. He was very nice but I didn’t feel right stopping for a long chat or pic. That made my day!
    Awesome!!