Options

I have never done a request, but please play all of Dark Matter at every damn show.

2»

Comments

  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 470
    Looking forward to the live versions. The production sucks for me. Compression up the wazzu. Watt managed to make the best live band on the planet sound generic. Sounds like Toto…
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,516
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    You want half of your show to be new material? 

    Then we get the 6 staples at most shows. 

    That leaves 5 songs to be different each show. 

    That does not sound like a great idea to me.
    Yep. Thats what I want. 50 shows in, and having heard all of the dark matter album, I want to hear each of these songs again, only live. As much as possible.

    If they play 22-24 songs, thats about 1/3rd of the show. Its the Dark Matter tour, afterall.
    Thats about 1/2 the show...


    Also why would you want about 1/2 of the show to be spoiled for you knowing whats being played?
    It's not a murder mystery dinner. These are songs I will have never heard before live. That's enough mystery for me.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    Yeah, that first thing I said. All of it. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    No thank you 
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Are we all crazy or is this album legit great?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    __________________________________________________________
    Shameless beer-related plugs:
    Instagram/Twitter/Untappd: FtMyersBeerGuy
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    adam42381 said:
    Are we all crazy or is this album legit great?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    davidos said:
    Looking forward to the live versions. The production sucks for me. Compression up the wazzu. Watt managed to make the best live band on the planet sound generic. Sounds like Toto…
    Listening through good headphones, this album sounds great to me. 2x
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    __________________________________________________________
    Shameless beer-related plugs:
    Instagram/Twitter/Untappd: FtMyersBeerGuy
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,153
    I'm not going with great. It's exciting and new . Which is good 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,220
    I sure as hell wouldn't mind if they did. This album has blown my mind.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    I really really really hope I get to hear the whole album in my two shows. Would be happy with two full album shows.  I think both Stone and now Ed have said something along the lines of new production and playing lots of these this tour right so fingers crossed.

    Guys, just open with Scared of Fear and smash through the whole album
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,989
    kmcmanus said:
    Maybe play the whole album over the 2 nights in a city. 
    Yeah I like this idea. 5 or 6 per night over 2 nights each city. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    as much as i love the new album please dont.

    people are going to multiple shows with the intent of hearing as many songs as possible , even ed and the band is aware there are people "collecting" songs so please now.

    that being said im going to 6 shows in europe and hope to get almost the whole album during those 6 shows
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,671
    I dont have tickets yet, but hoping to make it to one of either NYC, philly or Baltimore. I would be fully on board with this.

    1 scared of fear
    2 react, respond
    3 wreckage
    4 dark matter
    5 won't tell
    6 upper hand
    7 waiting for Stevie
    8 running
    9 something special
    10 got to give
    11 setting sun
    12 go
    13 glorified g
    14 faithful
    15 black
    16 why go

    Encore
    17 footsteps
    18 grievance
    19 insignificance
    20 not for you
    21 porch

    Encore II

    22 red mosquito
    23 do the evolution
    24 state of love and trust
    25 breath
    26 sonic reducer
    27 ledbetter/little wing

    This would be ideal
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    You want half of your show to be new material? 

    Then we get the 6 staples at most shows. 

    That leaves 5 songs to be different each show. 

    That does not sound like a great idea to me.
    Yep. Thats what I want. 50 shows in, and having heard all of the dark matter album, I want to hear each of these songs again, only live. As much as possible.

    If they play 22-24 songs, thats about 1/3rd of the show. It’s the Dark Matter tour, afterall.
    Count me in! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,923
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    You want half of your show to be new material? 

    Then we get the 6 staples at most shows. 

    That leaves 5 songs to be different each show. 

    That does not sound like a great idea to me.
    Yep. Thats what I want. 50 shows in, and having heard all of the dark matter album, I want to hear each of these songs again, only live. As much as possible.

    If they play 22-24 songs, thats about 1/3rd of the show. Its the Dark Matter tour, afterall.
    Thats about 1/2 the show...


    Also why would you want about 1/2 of the show to be spoiled for you knowing whats being played?
    It's not a murder mystery dinner. These are songs I will have never heard before live. That's enough mystery for me.
    Disagree especially those of us doing multiple shows. 

    Part of the fun going to see this band is not knowing what’s going to happen. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,923
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    You want half of your show to be new material? 

    Then we get the 6 staples at most shows. 

    That leaves 5 songs to be different each show. 

    That does not sound like a great idea to me.
    Yep. Thats what I want. 50 shows in, and having heard all of the dark matter album, I want to hear each of these songs again, only live. As much as possible.

    If they play 22-24 songs, thats about 1/3rd of the show. It’s the Dark Matter tour, afterall.
    Count me in! 
    Sure if you are doing one show this tour. If you are doing multiple shows that would get old very fast.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    You want half of your show to be new material? 

    Then we get the 6 staples at most shows. 

    That leaves 5 songs to be different each show. 

    That does not sound like a great idea to me.
    Yep. Thats what I want. 50 shows in, and having heard all of the dark matter album, I want to hear each of these songs again, only live. As much as possible.

    If they play 22-24 songs, thats about 1/3rd of the show. It’s the Dark Matter tour, afterall.
    Count me in! 
    Sure if you are doing one show this tour. If you are doing multiple shows that would get old very fast.
    Exactly I’m only doing MSG II so I’d be fine with them busting this mother of an album out in its entirety! But I do get your point about multiple shows☝️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    I think The Gaslight Anthem did full album shows for 59 Sound anniversary. First half was 59 Sound in full, second half was random (well as random as TGA get which is a bit of a mix up but not near PJ levels)
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 655
    I’m guessing DM & WFS every night, the whole album across both shows per city. For standalone shows (Indy, Missoula, etc) probably 7 or 8 DM songs.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 621
    I LOVE this album.  Best since Yield for me.
    I do not want Pearl Jam to ever do a show like every other band out there.  Play all the new stuff and "hits".  Go see any other band anywhere if that's the type of show you want.  What makes the Pearl Jam live experience so great is the not knowing.  Not knowing when or where or what they will play, because it changes every show.  If PJ played nearly identical shows at every venue the live experience would be fine, but not what I have come to expect and love.  Give a lucky city the full album, but please not every city.
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 337
    YAKIMATSU said:
    I LOVE this album.  Best since Yield for me.
    I do not want Pearl Jam to ever do a show like every other band out there.  Play all the new stuff and "hits".  Go see any other band anywhere if that's the type of show you want.  What makes the Pearl Jam live experience so great is the not knowing.  Not knowing when or where or what they will play, because it changes every show.  If PJ played nearly identical shows at every venue the live experience would be fine, but not what I have come to expect and love.  Give a lucky city the full album, but please not every city.
    x2.  This is what I would expect from the live Pearl Jam experience that we know and love.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Honestly, there is no weak link.  Every damn song on this album, I want to hear live. 


    I agree!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sign In or Register to comment.