Options

Side-Stage Seating for This Tour

In the past, side-stage seats in the 100 level were great since there weren't really any obstructions to block your view.

Being that they are not selling seats behind the stage this time around, I am wondering if there will be backdrops/lighting rigs that may make the side stage seats not as good as they were in the past.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,296
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    In the past, side-stage seats in the 100 level were great since there weren't really any obstructions to block your view.

Being that they are not selling seats behind the stage this time around, I am wondering if there will be backdrops/lighting rigs that may make the side stage seats not as good as they were in the past.

Any opinions?

Side stage at the Sacramento seat map says limited view. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 66
    edited April 13
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Any opinions?

Yeah, this concerns me and I'm little bummed. We have 4x seats in section 204 that we bought during the TM presale. When we bought them, it did NOT say limited view seating. But now all the seats in 204 say limited view seating.
    Post edited by efroten2 on
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    efroten2 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Any opinions?

Yeah, this concerns me and I'm little bummed. We have 4x seats in section 204 that we bought during via TM. When we bought them, it did NOT say limited view seating. But now all the seats in 204 say limited view seating.
    In most cases, they are legally bound to disclose that they are side stage, however, in many cases, the view is perfect.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    edited April 13
    Anyone know how sec 123 @ the la forum normally would be?

have those and a pair back of floor, 133

undecided 
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    CROJAM95 said:
    Anyone know how sec 123 @ the la forum normally would be?

have those and a pair back of floor, 133

undecided 
    I am in the same boat.  My 123 seats are on the aisle next to 124
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    I’m from NY, but have done all the LA shows since 2009, GF from socal… I knew people who went to see Bruce last week, I should asked them for some recognizance/ pics in both my options 🤣

2022 had GA night 1, floor night 2

got shut out on all 4 west coast 10c requests

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,296
    I feel like this image was on their website or social media recently.  And we know they aren’t selling behind the stage seats.  There will definitely be something to look at.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,302
    edited April 15
    So there could be a big screen at the back, but the rest of the stage might be clear?

I just bought amazing looking row 7 side stage tickets.  Probably sell my back of arena lower bowl tickets, but I have to choose whether to sit side stage, or row 4 on the floor (my friends get one pair, we get the other).

In my experience, side stage tickets usually/always sell limited view, but if there was going to be a physical object blocking your view it would say obstructed?  I'm guessing it's because you wouldn't be able to see the screen from side stage?
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    Zod said:
    So there could be a big screen at the back, but the rest of the stage might be clear?

I just bought amazing looking row 7 side stage tickets.  Probably sell my back of arena lower bowl tickets, but I have to choose whether to sit side stage, or row 4 on the floor (my friends get one pair, we get the other).

In my experience, side stage tickets usually/always sell limited view, but if there was going to be a physical object blocking your view it would say obstructed?  I'm guessing it's because you wouldn't be able to see the screen from side stage?
    We were side stage in the 200 level at Both UC Chicago shows last year. We could see the band perfectly, but couldn't really see the video screen next to the stage very well. I didn't care one bit, I was there to see the band, not watch a screen. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,302
    Zod said:

We were side stage in the 200 level at Both UC Chicago shows last year. We could see the band perfectly, but couldn't really see the video screen next to the stage very well. I didn't care one bit, I was there to see the band, not watch a screen. 
    That's generally my attitude.  The whole point of side stage tickets is they are pretty close, but unlike the floor they're elevated so you often get a better view.    I'll take side stage and not seeing the screen, over back of the lower or upperbowl and spending more time watching screens than the band :)
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 193
    If i recall, side stage first few rows for Seattle this tour were on sale as premiums at premium prices when tickets first went on sale, so I think they will be same as always. You just won't have a full straight on view of the backdrop screens and as you get into those higher side stage seats the lights hang down a bit/move up and down depending on setting, so they always mark them limited view for those reasons.