Comments

• Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:
    Did anyone enter for the Toronto event? 

They said they’d announce yesterday, but I didn’t hear anything. 
    Haven’t heard either.
    Just saw on instagram that all winners were contacted yesterday and they’re full up. 
    Ah well.
    Really should have had a few more GTA locations
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i'm curious to see how many show up at the store Sunday. Can't wait!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,651
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:

Haven’t heard either.
    Just saw on instagram that all winners were contacted yesterday and they’re full up. 
    Ah well.
    Really should have had a few more GTA locations
    Sent in my rsvp to the record store in Williamsville, NY just in case.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,651
    @uglybabo friend just received a winning email for Toronto and I was invited along as his +1
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    @uglybabo friend just received a winning email for Toronto and I was invited along as his +1
    That’s awesome! Congrats. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:

Haven’t heard either.
    Ah well.
    Carolina won 2 tix.   I got nadda.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Ok I take it back. I won!  Got email in my spam 17 mins ago!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:

Haven’t heard either.
    I just got my email at 5:50pm today!  Check your spam.
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    100 Pacer said:
    uglybabo said:

Haven’t heard either.
    I just got my email at 5:50pm today!  Check your spam.
    Nothing as of yet but glad that fans are getting in
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698
    Getting excited for Sunday’s Pearl Jam “Dark Matter” preview listening party from 2-4 p.m.
    The band has sent us some great swag, and it’s happy hour with $5 pints and $7 wine pours! What’s not to love?
    Free slipmats for first 20 guests
    Free posters while supplies last
    Prize drawings for two tote bags and a copy of the new LP when it comes out
    Be one of the first around to listen to the new record
    *patches for street date release.

• Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    uglybabo said:

I entered but haven’t heard anything yet
  • Options
    YamriderYamrider Posts: 60
    The indie store I'm going to has changed free slipmat with pre-orders to free tote bag with pre orders. Apparently were not sent any slip mats. 

I already have the 10 club vinyl ordered but did from the indie too to get the slipmat.

If anyone in the UK gets an extra slip mat please I would be grateful, please message if you do, and wants to swap for a tote bag please get in touch.

Still looking forward to the listening event and the cinema event on Tuesday. 

Thanks Andy
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 268
    We're going to the one here in Raleigh at 1pm tomorrow. Hoping there's not a big crowd, haha. Also going to the theater release Tuesday. Exciting!
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,239
    I just stopped by the one I'm going to..so excited. She said she has promo stuff to put out but can't til tomorrow 
  • Options
    Going tomorrow at 1pm. Somehow I missed that a store 15 mins from me is hosting it - I quickly rsvp'd and am all set! Can't wait!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833
    Just saw the guy who runs the store here in NJ. He said the big raffle prize is the tote bag. He said compared to other listening parties he’s had the tote bag as the big thing is pretty lame. He got some posters too but no slip mats. He did say the store is at capacity tomorrow. Only ppl who RSVPed and responded to his follow up email will be allowed entry so there will be a good crowd at least. I asked if I could donate a framed poster and he accepted it so that looks like the big raffle prize. 
  • Options
    Just saw the guy who runs the store here in NJ. He said the big raffle prize is the tote bag. He said compared to other listening parties he’s had the tote bag as the big thing is pretty lame. He got some posters too but no slip mats. He did say the store is at capacity tomorrow. Only ppl who RSVPed and responded to his follow up email will be allowed entry so there will be a good crowd at least. I asked if I could donate a framed poster and he accepted it so that looks like the big raffle prize. 
    Revilla?
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Clarizo in point 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698

• Options
    Which store in NJ?  
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 482
    Lanegan did signed 7” singles with album purchase for the Blues Funeral listening parties. That was super cool and is such a treasure since his untimely passing. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,834
    A listening party story:

When Yield came out, they had a listening party at a Newbury Comics a couple of weeks before the release date. They raffled off two copies of the record on vinyl. The first copy was won by another guy and, since this was 1998, a time when very few people had any interest in vinyl, and since I still had a turntable and had bought the earlier Pearl Jam albums on vinyl to have the larger artwork (or to get it earlier, in the case of Vitalogy), I went over to this guy and offered him 20 bucks for the record, figuring he'd have no use for it. He declined my offer (even though he didn't have a turntable). When they raffled off the second copy, I won it. Anyway, this guy and I got to talking, and realized that we were both legitimately big Pearl Jam fans. He ended up becoming one of my best friends, and we've been to a couple of dozen PJ shows together since then even though we have lived on opposite coasts for over 20 years.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Which store in NJ?  
    Clarizios in point pleasant 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,556
    Here we go.. 4 hours to go. I will be able to hear it this time at a reasonable volume instead of blow your brains out loud
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,014
    Any Aussies in Melbourne go to Fitzroy this afternoon? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 369
    Currently at a listening party at Phoenix Sounds, Newton Abbot (UK)....quite an early one but really enjoying what I'm hearing, there's quite a lot to digest and process on this release, a real mix of sounds, influences and that includes vibes from previous albums.... looking forward to getting it on some headphones and giving it my undivided attention!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Currently at a listening party at Phoenix Sounds, Newton Abbot (UK)....quite an early one but really enjoying what I'm hearing, there's quite a lot to digest and process on this release, a real mix of sounds, influences and that includes vibes from previous albums.... looking forward to getting it on some headphones and giving it my undivided attention!

Post edited by greenwoodlogan102498 on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,556
    No slip mats or badges or anything here real poor. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    How is it!