Options

Running is out !

Comments

• Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Super blood wolf moon marries comatose.  Fun short rocker.  
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,978
    Quite appropriate that I’ll be pumping this on the way to the school athletics carnival today
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,149
    just_one said:
    love the bridge/breakdown around the 1:35min part

this is go so hard live
    Me too..that could be a whole new song..love it
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    Me likey!!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Earthlings part two.  meh
    Not everything can be as classic as You Are.

Give it a few listens.  It grew on me after a few.
    Ha ha. Yeah just not my cup of tea.  
    I assumed being a Jersey guy you were more of a coffee guy. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Earthlings part two.  meh
    Not everything can be as classic as You Are.

Give it a few listens.  It grew on me after a few.
    Ha ha. Yeah just not my cup of tea.  
    I assumed being a Jersey guy you were more of a coffee guy. 
    Tim Horton's all the way.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    bobasfeet said:
    Surprised that some people aren't digging this. Much better than some of the "rockers' from the later records. Very youthful for their age.
    I don't know, I think I will take Quick Escape over this all day. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I like the energy!  Maybe if I knew the lyrics it would hit better. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,692
    I went running with "Running" where I fell in love with Ed's simile.

I cranked it for our tent city residents, too!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,151
    spankyMP said:
    guess ill have to break the mold in this thread but this song is fucking terrible.  I couldn’t get through it.  It’s a fuckin B side at best, or it shoulda stopped at :40 seconds like lukin.  

I’m getting the feeling that this album is going to sound exactly like they said it would- like 6 guys in a band and a producer were not allowed to bring outside stuff they’d been working on into the studio, so they jammed and unfortunately (to me) every track is a jargled mess of noise because no one knew how to say no.  The lyrics are just yelps and nonsense because everyone else left to get food and left Eddie with nothing but some chord changes to put lyrics to.  With no meaning, no plan, the songs and lyrics come out and sound that way.  Unfortunate man.  Good album to work out or run to because you won’t be picking it apart and it’s just loud as fuck, but not what I was hoping for
    Bummer for you.
    I’ll be fine.  It’s just a song.  They’re just missing the mark for me thus far.  Still say this shoulda been the B side instead of the instrumental
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 469
    Hmmm for me too… earthling outtake?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Ok, I just heard it.  I do like it better than Dark Matter.  Ed better practice this one, because I can see this one tripping him up live.  hahahaha!
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 129
    edited March 21
    davidos said:
    Hmmm for me too… earthling outtake?
    Not an Earthlings outtake based on Stone's interview

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    It’s an ok song, but there’s no way Ed will be able to pull that off live!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Damn i Iove Mike's British siren whalings. 5 stars on this one, Jefferson!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    Spunkie said:

• Options
    FrumpyFrumpy Posts: 10
    surprised to see a new song pop up on youtube this morning - only listened to it once so far - was ok without being anything special. Hopefully it will grow on me. 

The stone interview was interesting and the song by song breakdown was cool. 
  • Options
    Dear powers that b. We need the lyrics especially for Ed's rant. Pretty sure he's not singing about seagulls.
  • Options
    JKestleJKestle Posts: 64
    guess ill have to break the mold in this thread but this song is fucking terrible.  I couldn’t get through it.  It’s a fuckin B side at best, or it shoulda stopped at :40 seconds like lukin.  

I’m getting the feeling that this album is going to sound exactly like they said it would- like 6 guys in a band and a producer were not allowed to bring outside stuff they’d been working on into the studio, so they jammed and unfortunately (to me) every track is a jargled mess of noise because no one knew how to say no.  The lyrics are just yelps and nonsense because everyone else left to get food and left Eddie with nothing but some chord changes to put lyrics to.  With no meaning, no plan, the songs and lyrics come out and sound that way.  Unfortunate man.  Good album to work out or run to because you won’t be picking it apart and it’s just loud as fuck, but not what I was hoping for
    Nice story
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,151
    JKestle said:

Nice story
    Haults mall 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,216
    Spunkie said:

LOL
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,860
    Really hoping the next song I can make out what Eddie is saying. The instruments sounds phenomenal. Trying to make out what he is saying is distracting though and takes away from the song. Maybe after a bunch of listens it won't matter as much hopefully and also hope they nail it live. 

That said I am definitely enjoying these first two singles more than Gigatons first two. 
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 552
    I like the cadence of this one.  The opening reminds me a lot of The Strokes - almost a juicebox feel to it.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 154
    edited March 21
    Yawn. Another 3 chord wanna be power punk song that sounds like your average teenager garage band wrote in their garage in 1 hour. 

Can't understand the lyrics, but whatever.

To each their own but so far its 0 for 2 with the first two singles off Dark Matter.

I just don't get it.
    Post edited by Habit4me on
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,267
    PJNB said:
    Really hoping the next song I can make out what Eddie is saying. The instruments sounds phenomenal. Trying to make out what he is saying is distracting though and takes away from the song. Maybe after a bunch of listens it won't matter as much hopefully and also hope they nail it live. 

That said I am definitely enjoying these first two singles more than Gigatons first two. 
    Agreed. I’m struggling big time to understand the lyrics. I can’t imagine how non PJ fans feel🤣
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Kwieneke said:
    PJNB said:

Agreed. I’m struggling big time to understand the lyrics. I can’t imagine how non PJ fans feel🤣
    See page 3 for lyrics in progress
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,697
    Habit4me said:
    Yawn. Another 3 chord wanna be power punk song that sounds like your average teenager garage band wrote in their garage in 1 hour. 

To each their own but so far its 0 for 2 with the first two singles off Dark Matter.

I just don't get it.
    Yawn
  • Options
    Sonic-ManSonic-Man Posts: 15
    I kinda like the guitars. Singing leaves me rather cold. Do not like the drum sound at all. Snare sounds like plastic, sadly.

Would have been something to skip on Lost Dogs…
  • Options
    jcJamjcJam Bogota, Colombia Posts: 104
    edited March 21
    I like the song!

But don't think that is a single, the band says "The next track from Dark Matter arrives at midnight", I believe they going to continue release more track until the 19th.
    Also darkmatter.pearljam.com says return soon for another reveal.
    Post edited by jcJam on
    2005: Buenos Aires 2 • 2011: Lima • 2012: Atlanta • 2013: LA x2 • 2014: Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School x2 • 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival), Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sau Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Bogota, Mexico • 2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly x2 • NYC 2 • Fenway x2 • Wrigley x2 • 2018: Rio, Sau Paulo, Seattle x2, Missoula • 2021: Ohana x3 • 2022: San Diego, LA x2, Phoenix, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, PragueAmsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2 • 2023: Indi, Fort Worth x2, Austin x2
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 154
    edited March 21
    Habit4me said:

I just don't get it.
    Yawn
    Lol. Again. To each their own. 

Really hoping these first two singles aren't the best two (in their minds) on the album.. 😕 

Post edited by Habit4me on