Options

New Stage setup in 2024?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 582
    PJNB said:
    There are literally thousands of seats behind the band.  If they can't sell those seats, they can't collect money on them.  If they have some sort of video wall behind them, that's an upgrade in production too.  These two things could definitely account for some of the uptick in ticket pricing this go around.
    They are collecting.  Why do you think the ticket prices went up?  Those non selling seats have to be made up for somewhere...
    What was their excuse in 2022 and 2023 then? 
    Wasn’t this year the biggest price increase ever, by a decent margin?

I think they plan on a varied setlist, they’ll just have certain songs on visual “autopilot” like a Disco Biscuits light show, so they can swap them in.

This reminds me of when Rush brought strings out on tour. They always wanted to try that once so they did it a few years before…retirement.

uh oh.
    I don’t have the numbers, but the increase from the ‘23 shows wasn’t too steep. It’s the jump from the ‘22 shows, which were 2020 pricing, that looks especially large.

I hope the visual component has little affect on song choice/set list. Sometimes the visuals used by some bands are not ‘canned’ or static from one show to the next and are set up to react or adjust to the sound(s) created.
  • Options
    They used the big screens behind the band at Hyde Park, and there were maybe four or five songs which had custom visuals? Mostly Gigaton stuff iirc. And the rest was just imag. I expect the same this time - mostly for closeups, some ambient stuff, a few songs having specific video.
  • Options
    cwjacwja Posts: 132
    I’m all for anything that lowers the odds of Last Kiss showing up in the set list.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Increased production and shorter sets may take some of the magic away imo. I’ll reserve judgement though until im
    there. 
    Same here. Also might mean less audibles as well and less variety night after night but again wait and see I guess. This year of all years really seems to be one of the ones where I should wait and see how May goes before making any crazy plans for the rest of the tour. 
    I try to see as much of what each band member is doing as possible. There's already a lot going on that I'm interested in. I like to "see" how the sounds are made, and the players that make them. Not interested in a light show. I don't connect emotionally to swirling spirals. But I'm of course willing to experience what they choose to offer,  and THEN React/Respond.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Pearl Jam's rock opera, The Forthcoming Album, debuts in May. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 616
    PJNB said:
    There are literally thousands of seats behind the band.  If they can't sell those seats, they can't collect money on them.  If they have some sort of video wall behind them, that's an upgrade in production too.  These two things could definitely account for some of the uptick in ticket pricing this go around.
    They are collecting.  Why do you think the ticket prices went up?  Those non selling seats have to be made up for somewhere...

I think they plan on a varied setlist, they’ll just have certain songs on visual “autopilot” like a Disco Biscuits light show, so they can swap them in.

This reminds me of when Rush brought strings out on tour. They always wanted to try that once so they did it a few years before…retirement.

uh oh.
    2023 US face value was $162
    2024 US face value is $185
    less than $25 difference
    Europe is a whole other thing though
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 81
    PJNB said:

uh oh.

I hope this is not quite true. Visuals of some sort, yeah, but if it's song specific then I fear the two nighter stands would have more songs being repeated than just Alive. 
    I loved that for the Gigaton tour legs they didn't even play the singles twice on two night stands. Hope they keep this up. 
    Give me 3-4 Dark Matter songs per night and them being different ones plus some deep cuts and the classics and I'll be super happy. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,069
    Stone will shit on the video screen being too expensive later on. Just like with the 2006 lasers :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Stone will shit on the video screen being too expensive later on. Just like with the 2006 lasers :)
    I don’t know.  I just can’t see Stone actually pinching a loaf on stage.  That would be unsanitary and gross.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 948
    Stone will shit on the video screen 
    Nobody wants that projected 30 feet high behind the stage
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    A different type of merch!
    (Stone, shit in a coffee mug)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,995
    A new way to explain shit merch
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    No strange turn is too strange for this strangest tribe...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 538
    And if dancers come out we're screwed !!  
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    And if dancers come out we're screwed !!  
    😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,579
    Stone will shit on the video screen 
    Nobody wants that projected 30 feet high behind the stage
    Except those who clamor for I got shit. 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 81
    edited March 21
    A new way to explain shit merch
    Speaking of shit merchandise, I get that football is the biggest sport in Europe and South America, but those football jerseys they had at one point were fucking ugly. I preferred the hockey jerseys they had for 2016 (was it?) in Canada, as they work way better as a "fashion piece" than those tightly cut and bland football jerseys. 
    Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    cwja said:
    I’m all for anything that lowers the odds of Last Kiss showing up in the set list.

• Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    Loujoe said:
    cwja said:

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    I can see dropping bigger bucks to see a show like this. Not saying pj will do all that. Also pink Floyd's music lends itself to a little psychedelics pyrotechnics 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    No thanks