Options

New Stage setup in 2024?

Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
Just noticed that all of the Ticketmaster maps have a new stage setup with a small pedestal area in the front of the stage

Also, I don’t think I have seen any behind stage seats go up for sale yet?

I can’t remember the stage ever not being just the open square.  Maybe a new stage setup with background visuals in 2024?

2010: Cleveland
2012: Atlanta
2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
2015: New York City
2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
2023: St. Paul II

Comments

• Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    Yes. I've been wondering how rail is going to work around that. Looks like it won't be straight. Curious if you can see the full length across the front of stage, from one side or the other. I guess we shall see!
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    Nice catch... I didn't see that.
    But then again, I don't have GA, so I wasn't really looking. :)
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    Springsteen has a similar stage setup (the front piece jutting out anyway). 

• Options
    thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 339
    edited March 4
    As ‘22/‘23 had the dullest stage setup from them in years, even a tiny bit of imagination would go a long way. Doesn’t have to be much, but _something_ brightens things up a bit.
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,558
    As ‘22/‘23 had the dullest stage setup from them in years, even a tiny bit of imagination would go a long way. Doesn’t have to be much, but _something_ brightens things up a bit.
    Disagree. The 2023 stage setup was the best in a while IMO. Old school PJ. Better than a recycled piece of garbage hanging from the top or those giant hanging light bulbs. 
    They’re gonna have something for Dark Matter but I really hope it allows for seats behind the stage. They could have a screen that comes up to Matt’s head so it doesn’t block behind. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,638
    Disagree. The 2023 stage setup was the best in a while IMO. Old school PJ. Better than a recycled piece of garbage hanging from the top or those giant hanging light bulbs. 
    They’re gonna have something for Dark Matter but I really hope it allows for seats behind the stage. They could have a screen that comes up to Matt’s head so it doesn’t block behind. 
    Those hanging lightbulbs were ridiculous/hilarious. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    There are literally thousands of seats behind the band.  If they can't sell those seats, they can't collect money on them.  If they have some sort of video wall behind them, that's an upgrade in production too.  These two things could definitely account for some of the uptick in ticket pricing this go around.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    yosi said:
    Jeff smashed a hole in one of I remember correctly at Worcester. His reaction was pretty funny. 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,240
    There are literally thousands of seats behind the band.  If they can't sell those seats, they can't collect money on them.  If they have some sort of video wall behind them, that's an upgrade in production too.  These two things could definitely account for some of the uptick in ticket pricing this go around.
    Imagine if they've a whole production for this show using video wall etc. and they play the same show/set each night. Fans would be confused on what to be outraged about, prices or setlists! 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    ilockyer said:
    Imagine if they've a whole production for this show using video wall etc. and they play the same show/set each night. Fans would be confused on what to be outraged about, prices or setlists! 
    Fan to Fan would be a lot easier if they did this at least lol
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    yosi said:
    Jeff smashed a hole in one of I remember correctly at Worcester. His reaction was pretty funny. 
    It was so goofy watching the guys knock them around while jamming on Porch. 

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Maybe it's just me, but big screens showing "dark matter" types of stuff does absolutely nothing for me.  I just want to watch the 5-6 performers on stage. Not some video screen with visuals. If there are video screens, show the band.  

Maybe, maybe for 1-2 songs. But at the cost of blocking off seats behind the stage, I wouldn't think it's worth it.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Maybe it's just me, but big screens showing "dark matter" types of stuff does absolutely nothing for me.  I just want to watch the 5-6 performers on stage. Not some video screen with visuals. If there are video screens, show the band.  

Maybe, maybe for 1-2 songs. But at the cost of blocking off seats behind the stage, I wouldn't think it's worth it.  
    Want to see what it would look like in practice, but I do agree. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    Having that in place, that would technically add a few rail spots too I guess.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 339
    It’s probably just that I never saw it in person, but I thought the bird and the bulbs looked pretty cool, at least on video. 

I don’t think they necessarily need a screen which shows custom video for each song, and I agree about the need to keep behind the stage fairly clear, but I think they can do more than in ‘22/‘23 while not turning into U2. 
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    edited March 4
    Bring back the 98 set up those tall candle stands and a small back drop for light changes perfect. This way they  can still have some behind stage seats 
  • Options
    I think I'll call that extension "The Pour Zone". Get yer cups ready!
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 308
    Flavafraz said:
    Bring back the 98 set up those tall candle stands and a small back drop for light changes perfect. This way they  can still have some behind stage seats 
    +1
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Maybe it's just me, but big screens showing "dark matter" types of stuff does absolutely nothing for me. 
    Of course, because dark matter is invisible. ;)

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    BSully said:
    Having that in place, that would technically add a few rail spots too I guess.
    They should use a fractal rail to maximize the number of spots.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    yosi said:
    PJNB said:
    yosi said:

Even goofier when Eddie would try to climb up on one to swing around, but then couldn't manage it, and he'd flail around for a while trying to find a foot hold. :lol: All happening underneath a trash pile suspended from the ceiling. That stage was indeed absolutely ridiculous/hilarious!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 302
    I hope they really think about the stage setup in Berlin also...
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    i think itll be a full wall of screens and Ed will sing behind Matt without a spotlight 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    yosi said:
    PJNB said:
    yosi said:

Even goofier when Eddie would try to climb up on one to swing around, but then couldn't manage it, and he'd flail around for a while trying to find a foot hold. :lol: All happening underneath a trash pile suspended from the ceiling. That stage was indeed absolutely ridiculous/hilarious!
    Yea. It didn’t not quite hit the mark of climbing up microphone wires and hanging above the stage!

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,237
    They released a bunch of side stage seats for Sacramento that are labelled limited view.  Wonder if this suggests there’s something to the video thing.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    I always thought the light bulbs hanging over their heads meant they had ideas.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,275
    BF25394 said:
    I always thought the light bulbs hanging over their heads meant they had ideas.
    Omg  Lol
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    HailHailVitalogy said:

Better than a recycled piece of garbage hanging from the top 
    different strokess- personally, i loved that bird sculpture.
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 707
    AndySlash said:
    HailHailVitalogy said:

Better than a recycled piece of garbage hanging from the top 
    different strokess- personally, i loved that bird sculpture.
    Same. But my favourite movie is the crow so maybe that’s why? Either way I thought it was cool. 
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    I enjoyed the hanging/swinging lights and seeing Eddie swing on one in Worcester....... :( 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II