Options

My chat with Eddie

13»

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I'm from NJ. But moved to NYC years ago.
    I do play out in nyc. I will post next time I do incase anyone is ever interested.
    Thanks for all the positive responses! I didn't know what to expect or feel about this!
    Cool! Oh I thought I remembered that you said you lived in the city.

I think you should feel nothing but joy about an amazing experience!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    SENROCK! wrote:
    This is EXXXACTLY why i wont EVER post MY personal exxxperience on here. WHY do people feel the need to do that?!! jeeze. Cant we all just get along and get some barbecue or something??????
    OMG. I LOVE bbq! Love love love it.

but you should post your experiences, who cares what other ppl think, Sen?! If they are hating it's b/c they are envious.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Very cool story.

I think I'd turn into a blithering idiot if I ever met Ed or one of the other guys. I'm sure I'd say the obvious first:

"Thank you for your music, I feel like some of your songs have really changed the way I look at life."

Beyond that, what else do you say to relate to them? I'd hate to bug any of 'em about a new album, or another tour, etc. Just seems like I'd be acting like a reporter or a stalker. I guess the big thing to such an encounter would be making a personal connection, and being genuine.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    you didnt ask what he thought of chris cornells new music??? :p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Allie wrote:
    OMG. I LOVE bbq! Love love love it.

but you should post your experiences, who cares what other ppl think, Sen?! If they are hating it's b/c they are envious.
    Yeah i dont care what people think. Its just.....the exxxperience was way too incredible and Im not about competition so I just dont post it. Alot of people from here were there so its all good. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    awesome, well done, bet you wish you got a pic with him or an autograph looking back...

still what an fantastic day for you
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Cool story.
  • Options
    The most famous rocker I've met is Travis Meeks from Days of the New. Doesn't really compare. He was so f@#$ed up he couldn't see straight. Meth, unfortunately. And I was still intimidated!
  • Options
    White pants?

Hysterical! I almost spit out a mouthful of apple. I've been following your weird, weird obsession with Ed's white pants.

Cool story, by the way, Champagne Breakfast (like your handle)!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    white pants, one of eddie biggest misgivings on the touring band DVD!!!
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    champane breakfast you need to clear your PM inbox
    I spoke to Mark this morning, he was stoked and amazed about your encounter
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Continuation of the Kudos, awesome encounter!
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    what else is in his suitcase,is it like the one in Pulp Fiction
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    champane breakfast you need to clear your PM inbox
    I spoke to Mark this morning, he was stoked and amazed about your encounter

:D
    I also spoke to Mark today as well. He reckons the sticker must have been the booby prize :D
  • Options
    angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    :D
    I also spoke to Mark today as well. He reckons the sticker must have been the booby prize :D

You all know Mark!!! Awesome!! I bet he was blown away over the news~ very cool! Can't imagine having Eddie as a fan! Dang ya know!

I don't know what the heck I'd say or do....it would just blow my lil mind....
    I met a few "stars" ...spent the most time and conversed the most with David Gilmore...when I forced words from my mouth, to rid the Chester cat smile....all that came out was..."so Dave...do you still feel it?".....he laughed and said...."well actually no"....then he bought me a drink and invited me to keep score bowling with the band. I got to hang all night ~ really got to know them all. David even gave me a personal autograph which at first they ALL gave me shit for asking ..sayin thats not cool...etc.etc... i kept the score sheet too...They actually asked me to come with to Europe..but I had 3 lil ones at home and said sorrrry....I was hoverin and smilin for months....I start to float up again just talkin about it....BUT to meet ED.....WOW....I could only hope to be as composed as our friend here.....I guess he got instant Karmatized for taken such great care and thought about his dad.....very cool
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    great story!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    LROMLROM Posts: 13
    I haven't had the fortune of a chance mtg with Ed, but I have met several other famous people and you know what I am really happy about? Somehow, each time, I managed to not just generally say "I love you/you guys/your work!!!" but to think of some specific song/movie (I've met actors/directors too) and to say something about what it means to me.

I share this just to say, even though most times all thoughts and reason will just spill out of your head the moment you realize you're face to face with someone you admire deeply, TRY TRY TRY to be specific about what their work means to you and you will be amazed at how much more meaningful an exchange you will have.

I've met musicians surrounded by tons of screaming fans and had them actually look me in the eye and carry on a conversation w/me (and I'd be the only one they did that with) because whatever I said actually gave them something to react to, engage with, beyond "you guys are the best! I love you!".

In the end it doesn't matter - if you meet someone you admire and have a good story it's all good. But if you can, try hard to pull out a specific song or show or feeling or something about their work to talk to them about - your encounter will be that much more amazing!
  • Options
    LROMLROM Posts: 13
    By the way the above post was more to everyone talking about what they would/wouldn't do if they met Ed or someone else in PJ. To the original poster, I think your story rocks and the things you said clearly gave him a chance to engage you beyond "thanks", so that's really what I'm talking about.

Lucky you for keeping your cool! :D
  • Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing it. I’m sure we’ve all practice an encounter with the band members in our heads a million times. In my head, it’s a cool, calm and smart conversation… but the fact is, if I ever bumped into Ed, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt or Boom, I would come across as a babbling, star struck idiot. You handle yourself great!
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me"
    PJ: 20-08-98 MTL; 04-10-00 MTL; 29-06-03 MTL; 28-06-03 TO; 15-09-05 MTL; 16-09-05 OT; 19-09-05 TO; 09-05-06 TO; 10-09-06 TO; 27-06-08 CT; 28-06-08 MA; 30-06-08 MA; 21-08-09 TO; 7-09-11 MTL; 14-09-11 OT;
    EV: 09-08-08 MTL; 10-08-08 MTL; 12-08-08 TO; 13-08-08 TO;