Pearl Jam to Play ALIVE Every Show (in the encore)

13»

Comments

• marumarukomarumaruko Posts: 212
    The places with two shows on this tour will probably have Alive in the setlist only once, so that is good already. 
  • The places with two shows on this tour will probably have Alive in the setlist only once, so that is good already. 
    Was played at both shows in all the 2023 venues.

Fantastic song though.
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    I'm always happy to see them play Alive.  Always and forever.
    It's that opening riff to it- it gets me every time
  • marumarukomarumaruko Posts: 212
    The places with two shows on this tour will probably have Alive in the setlist only once, so that is good already. 
    Was played at both shows in all the 2023 venues.

Fantastic song though.
    True, but honestly, if this and 1-2 from Dark Matter is what they play double then the variety is still massive. One reason I will go to both Berlin shows this year and keep myself a short notice flight option to any of the other European shows open. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    I have a buddy who, like a lot of casuals, was big into Ten, VS, and Vitalogy and then fell off. He's never seen them live. I'm thinking of offering one of Fenway tickets to him. He was pretty excited at the prospect of it and immediately said, "how many Ten songs do you think they'll play?" I told him it was impossible to predict, but probably at least 2-3 and maybe as many as 5-6.  It's likely he'll be unfamiliar with 75% of the songs but to see his reaction to hearing 4-6 ten songs would be great. 

I'm around 50 shows so I've seen enough. But there's nothing like the crowd reaction to songs like Alive, Even Flow, Why Go, Black, Porch....hell, even Jeremy. Or Small Town or Daughter or Betterman.  I don't chase songs and certainly don't need to hear Bugs or Sweet Lew to complete a list.  I love being in crowds that are energetic and singing along.  And it's usually those songs that bring it out.  
    Tell him to do his homework before you go. There's time to fig into the other stuff.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,406
    Alive is awesome every single time