TicketMaster F2F Question

Comments

• spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    SHZA said:
    spankyMP said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Unfortunately I got shut of the lottery as well, 1st time it’s happened in lottery era. Anyways haven’t had to use F2F before, I hope it’s not incredibly hard to get tickets and at this point just want to be in the building as I have travel plans half booked at this point. Wife and I planned on going to Vegas, so hopefully there will be some available. Fingers crossed 
    There will be. If you just want to be in the building, you will definitely get tickets. People with 200 level will be looking to upgrade to 100s and everyone will be trying to upgrade to GA. The dominos start to fall. Then standard admission drops start and premiums fall to standard as well. It just takes some time and commitment and you will score.
    Can't wait! 

Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    spankyMP said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Unfortunately I got shut of the lottery as well, 1st time it’s happened in lottery era. Anyways haven’t had to use F2F before, I hope it’s not incredibly hard to get tickets and at this point just want to be in the building as I have travel plans half booked at this point. Wife and I planned on going to Vegas, so hopefully there will be some available. Fingers crossed 
    There will be. If you just want to be in the building, you will definitely get tickets. People with 200 level will be looking to upgrade to 100s and everyone will be trying to upgrade to GA. The dominos start to fall. Then standard admission drops start and premiums fall to standard as well. It just takes some time and commitment and you will score.
    Thanks for the info, just nerves I guess as I have plans already booked. Cheers!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    BLACK35 said:
    spankyMP said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Thanks for the info, just nerves I guess as I have plans already booked. Cheers!
    Don't worry, you're going. And chances are, you'll get better tickets than you would have gotten thru 10c. That's how it's always worked for me.
    BLACK35 said:
    spankyMP said:
    BLACK35 said:
    You're welcome! Happy hunting!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • 77777777 Posts: 163
    spankyMP said:
    ‘Scuse my ignorance - how do I get into the F2F? I have t used it before. 
    My friend and i each have a pair for the Portland show. Because we each have one of the pairs, we can walk in with another fan, etc.
    I/we need a ticket/tickets for the Seattle show(s) - We live there. 
    GA preferably - but hey, beggars …
    When they activate F2F we'll get the instructions again.
    Spanky, is that usually through e-Mail or a post on the forum?  Thanks.
    7777 said:
    spankyMP said:
    My friend and i each have a pair for the Portland show. Because we each have one of the pairs, we can walk in with another fan, etc.
    I don't remember them ever sending out any email, or even posting about it. But there'll be plenty of members checking every day for that sell option to become active, and they'll definitely be posting about it when it does.
    There aren't really any instructions needed. It's just like buying tickets for any other show. You just go to the TM page, and when tickets are listed, they'll show up, and you try to buy them.
  • 77777777 Posts: 163
    7777 said:
    spankyMP said:
    I don't remember them ever sending out any email, or even posting about it. But there'll be plenty of members checking every day for that sell option to become active, and they'll definitely be posting about it when it does.
    There aren't really any instructions needed. It's just like buying tickets for any other show. You just go to the TM page, and when tickets are listed, they'll show up, and you try to buy them.
    Thanks a bunch.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    So, to clarify, we don't know when they might open up f2f?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Definitely not until after the verified fan sale. And they usually wait a bit for some PJ Premium to sell after that. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    Definitely not until after the verified fan sale. And they usually wait a bit for some PJ Premium to sell after that. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.
    Thanks aisleseats
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Last year lottery results were April 25-26 and F2F opened on May 8 for shows in September 
    SHZA said:
    Last year lottery results were April 25-26 and F2F opened on May 8 for shows in September 
    Yeah, they were pretty quick last year. I remember being taken by surprise, since they had taken quite a bit longer in 2022. Hopefully, it's that way again this year, or shorter.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    does anyone think when they open F2F it will be for all USA shows or just leg 1
    DEGBTI said:
    does anyone think when they open F2F it will be for all USA shows or just leg 1
    Should be all 
  • JG242853JG242853 Posts: 97
    dmbolp said:
    JG242853 said:
    Has anyone ever done a F2F swap? I got both LA nights and can’t attend either, but would love to swap for Portland, Vegas, Sac, Philly or MSG night 2.  Has anyone done this before? 
    Swap...sale...call it whatever you want.  You'd need someone else comfortable sharing their TM credentials , and you with them.  It Happens.
    Makes sense. TY 
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996, Randall's Island, NY 6/8/1997 (Ed and Mike), Jones Beach, NY 8/23/2000, Los Angeles, CA  7/10/2006, Hartford, CT 6/27/2008, Los Angeles, CA 10/6/2009, San Diego, CA 11/21/2013, Los Angeles, CA 11/24/2013, MSG, NY 5/1/2016,
    Seattle, WA 8/10/2018, Los Angeles, CA 5/6/2022, Los Angeles, CA 5/7/2022, Camden, NJ 9/14/2022, St Paul 8/31/2023, St Paul 9/2/2023, Las Vegas 5/18/24, MSG, NY 9/3/24, Philadelphia, PA 9/9/24, Ohana, CA 9/27/24
  • Apologies for any ignorance in asking but for those who've used F2F before - I'm assuming that we see the most tickets available very close to the show date vs. when they are first opened up and made available? Is that a fair assumption to make? Going to be looking for some Chicago tickets and just trying to understand the best way to do this. Thanks in advance for any wisdom anyone has to offer!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    syzygy523 said:
    Apologies for any ignorance in asking but for those who've used F2F before - I'm assuming that we see the most tickets available very close to the show date vs. when they are first opened up and made available? Is that a fair assumption to make? Going to be looking for some Chicago tickets and just trying to understand the best way to do this. Thanks in advance for any wisdom anyone has to offer!
    When it first opens there is often a big dump from people who won tickets but really didn't have plans to go, or found out they couldn't go after they entered the lottery. Then there is a lull for a while, with scattered drops here and there. Then more become available very close to the show dates - up until the day of the show.

• GlowGirl said:
    syzygy523 said:
    Apologies for any ignorance in asking but for those who've used F2F before - I'm assuming that we see the most tickets available very close to the show date vs. when they are first opened up and made available? Is that a fair assumption to make? Going to be looking for some Chicago tickets and just trying to understand the best way to do this. Thanks in advance for any wisdom anyone has to offer!
    When it first opens there is often a big dump from people who won tickets but really didn't have plans to go, or found out they couldn't go after they entered the lottery. Then there is a lull for a while, with scattered drops here and there. Then more become available very close to the show dates - up until the day of the show.

Thank you for the insight! Appreciate it!!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    syzygy523 said:
    im going to be looking for Chicago tix too, but will they be Fan 2 Fan? I don't think they are, New York too?
  • DEGBTI said:
    syzygy523 said:
    im going to be looking for Chicago tix too, but will they be Fan 2 Fan? I don't think they are, New York too?
    F2f will still be available for Chi and NYC
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    Do people post here something like "I'm putting up my tickets tonight at 9pm eastern"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited February 20
    smak said:
    Do people post here something like "I'm putting up my tickets tonight at 9pm eastern"
    Yes. Some people give advanced notice. But that doesn't make it easier. It might make it harder since more people will be ready to pounce.

• DEGBTI said:
    syzygy523 said:
    In the past, they have not offered fan2fan where tickets have to be transferable.  They are not allowed to implement that ticket restriction.  I'm wondering if Boston will have fan2fan as Fenway is not a Ticketmaster controlled venue.. 
    Gorge
  • syzygy523syzygy523 Posts: 40
    edited February 20
    DEGBTI said:
    syzygy523 said:
    In the past, they have not offered fan2fan where tickets have to be transferable.  They are not allowed to implement that ticket restriction.  I'm wondering if Boston will have fan2fan as Fenway is not a Ticketmaster controlled venue.. 
    If there's no F2F for some reason, does it all just end up going out on StubHub & other 3rd party sites? Illinois law is that you are not allowed to make tickets non-transferable? Am I reading that right? The double negatives always get me :)
    Post edited by syzygy523 on
    syzygy523 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    syzygy523 said:
    If there's no F2F for some reason, does it all just end up going out on StubHub & other 3rd party sites?
    And verified fan resale on Ticketmaster.
    DEGBTI said:
    syzygy523 said:
    That was the case in 2022 for MSG, but last year fan2fan was offered for Chicago despite the transfer law. And the Cure shows at MSG last year were on fan-to-fan as well, so I'd expect fan2fan will be available for PJ at MSG too 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    If I sell tickets on F2F, does TM pay swiftly, or do you have to wait until after the show?

Thanks.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited February 21
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    If I sell tickets on F2F, does TM pay swiftly, or do you have to wait until after the show?

Thanks.
    When I sold spare tickets to Oakland, the funds arrived in my bank account within several business days. I didn't have to wait for the shows.  Same when I sold spares for last years EV shows (when I was upgrading).

The biggest challenge with Fan2Fan is when they actually turn it on. It's like a game of chicken with platinum tickets :)
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Do I need an American bank account to buy via F2F ? I will fly in from Germany and only got msg1 so far.thanks for your help.
  • Schoki said:
    Do I need an American bank account to buy via F2F ? I will fly in from Germany and only got msg1 so far.thanks for your help.
    No, but an American bank account to sell