TicketMaster F2F Question

Say I have a friend with tickets to Philly N2. If he cannot use them and wants to sell them at face value to me, will we be able to do that via F2F?
Specifically, if someone is selling via F2F, can the seller designate who the buyer is or do the tickets just go up for sale to whoever grabs them first?  

Comments

• No.  You can watch the fun and somewhat determine when a listed pair actually becomes buyable, and therefore attempt to list them at a certain time so the buyer can wait for them to appear, but that's I'm pretty sure the best you can do.  Others will correct if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it's worked in the past.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Just did my first F2F sale last summer when I couldn’t make it to Austin. You can’t sell them to a specific person, you just release them and they’re available to anyone. BUT, if you and your friend pick a low traffic time (late night/early morning, etc) and they know where your seats are, they can be ready to load the page as soon as you hit “sell.” I sold mine to a fellow 10C member this way. Not 100% foolproof but worked well. 
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    Up for sale to whoever grabs them first.

Only way to guarantee getting it to a friend, is by giving them your Ticketmaster login info to use.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • That is correct and how it was done for the Taylor Hawkins show. I got PJ seats for Philly, Boston and New York, so I will be releasing philly and Boston when it opens up. 
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I know f2f can't be above face value but how often do they go below face value?
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    verceman said:
    You don't pick the price; TM/LN sets the price at what you paid originally
    dmbolp said:
    verceman said:
    Ok thank you. And the price including fees for the East coast is shows was $175 per ticket?
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    verceman said:
    dmbolp said:
    verceman said:
    Ok thank you. And the price including fees for the East coast is shows was $175 per ticket?
    Philly GA/P1 was $386/pair. Baltimore P1 came out to $402/pair. These are after taxes.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 116
    edited February 20
    How difficult do you think it will be to get F2F for LA Night 1?  Struck out, would still like to make the trip to LA.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    browngw said:
    How difficult do you think it will be to get F2F for LA Night 1?  Struck out, would still like to make the trip to LA.
    Very easy

Be patient dont get the first pair you see. 
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 228
    I’ve got my tickets to Portland, but am tempted to try to get another pair during the verified fan sale on Friday for friends who may not be able to get them on their own. Is sharing your Ticketmaster log in the only work around sharing them? Or can you all show up together so you scan the tickets all at once and then go to your respective seats? 
  • GetRight13GetRight13 Posts: 587
    If you plan on trying to get tickets through fan 2 fan be prepared to refresh that ticketmaster site for hours and check the site DAILY after fan 2 fan opens up. The biggest dump of tickets is usually right after they open f2f.  Also check these boards, some members will post when they are dropping tickets for sale so you have a better chance.   Be prepared to get shut out and soul crushed while they are in your cart (its a race).   I've done it for tickets the past 2 tours for certain shows, its very doable but time consuming.  
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
    How much of a premium do we think the tickets that go on sale Friday during the presale will be compared to the ten club sale?
    spankyMP said:
    verceman said:
    dmbolp said:
    verceman said:
    Philly GA/P1 was $386/pair. Baltimore P1 came out to $402/pair. These are after taxes.
    Thank you - surprised Baltimore was more expensive than Philly. Are Baltimore taxes that impactful?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I’ve got my tickets to Portland, but am tempted to try to get another pair during the verified fan sale on Friday for friends who may not be able to get them on their own. Is sharing your Ticketmaster log in the only work around sharing them? Or can you all show up together so you scan the tickets all at once and then go to your respective seats? 

you don't really have to share your password if it's someone you know, you just borrow the phone, log into your TM account, and download the tickets to their mobile wallet.  It's a bit of a loophole.  TM doesn't care who's mobile wallet the tickets are going to, as long as it's the device your currently logged into.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Zod said:

you don't really have to share your password if it's someone you know, you just borrow the phone, log into your TM account, and download the tickets to their mobile wallet.  It's a bit of a loophole.  TM doesn't care who's mobile wallet the tickets are going to, as long as it's the device your currently logged into.
    The wallet downloads were disabled for many of us last year. They did not work.

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited February 20
    GlowGirl said:
    Zod said:

oh crazy, was there a reason as to why?  Many places encourage it because it doesn't need internet, so if the internet is stalling out at the venue from too many people, the bar codes still work fine.

It's also often turned off until you get really close to the show.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    edited February 20

Last SEPT we were in Vegas, I got a U2 opening night single and bought a David Spade single for my wife.  Logged into her phone with my TM account, added the David Spade single to her wallet.  I went to the U2 show, she called me and couldn't pull up the David Spade barcode "this ticket is assigned to a different apple ID"
    Post edited by dmbolp on
    Zod said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Zod said:

oh crazy, was there a reason as to why?  Many places encourage it because it doesn't need internet, so if the internet is stalling out at the venue from too many people, the bar codes still work fine.

It's also often turned off until you get really close to the show.
    You could use the wallet for your own ticket. But if someone logged into your account on their phone it would not let them put the ticket in their wallet. There was a way they connected the wallet with the TM account. I am not sure how it works, but wallet drops into other phones did not work like it did in 2022.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    @PJNB

We were able to do this last year?^^^^^(I know you were able to get the ticket on my phone somehow)
  • ‘Scuse my ignorance - how do I get into the F2F? I have t used it before. 
    My friend and i each have a pair for the Portland show. Because we each have one of the pairs, we can walk in with another fan, etc.
    I/we need a ticket/tickets for the Seattle show(s) - We live there. 
    GA preferably - but hey, beggars …
    "If you hate somethin, don't you do it too!"

"Then I get to thinkin -- I don't wanna think; I wanna feel."
  • Feel free to PM me too

• @dmbolp, was the ticket ever in your wallet first? See below from TM website-

You may be attempting to add tickets that are already in someone else's wallet. Any tickets purchased from an individual Ticketmaster account can only be linked to one Apple ID. If you need to send another fan a ticket
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    cutz said:
    @PJNB

We were able to do this last year?^^^^^(I know you were able to get the ticket on my phone somehow)
    Cant remember lol 

I think I just planned on giving you my login to avoid the headaches of it not working. 
    Just did my first F2F sale last summer when I couldn’t make it to Austin. You can’t sell them to a specific person, you just release them and they’re available to anyone. BUT, if you and your friend pick a low traffic time (late night/early morning, etc) and they know where your seats are, they can be ready to load the page as soon as you hit “sell.” I sold mine to a fellow 10C member this way. Not 100% foolproof but worked well. 
    Is anyone eligible to purchase from the fantofan or is it only tenclub / people who registered?
  • F2F is open to anyone. It’s just like buying any other ticket on TM except it’s random when tickets pop up. Best thing to do is install a chrome add on that refreshes the page every few seconds and let it run on a second monitor. 
  • Thanks for the tipi, Pharma. Do I access it through TicketBastard then?

• tip*

• KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,065
    Can you sell singles? More than likely will need to sell a ticket
    KN219077 said:
    Can you sell singles? More than likely will need to sell a ticket
    Yes. You should be able to.