Options

Las Vegas Night 1 and 2 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    SHZA said:
    Tickets are not transferable for Vegas 
    So you must enter the venue with your seatmate? I figured as much, just wanted to make sure...
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,494
    SHZA said:
    Tickets are not transferable for Vegas 
    So you must enter the venue with your seatmate? I figured as much, just wanted to make sure...
    Basically unless you want to give him your TM login 
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,053
    GA hat trick with Dead & Co on Friday.  LFG!!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA)
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652

GA hat trick with Dead & Co on Friday.  LFG!!

same!!!! can't wait.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 180
    Going to Vegas N1 and N2 - anyone have any suggestions for a good place near the arena to grab some food before the shows?
    There are some indoor/outdoor places to eat across the street from MGM Grand between NYNY and Park MGM. Also just on the inside of Park MGM is Eatily. A bunch of small Italian eateries (deli, pizzas, wine bars, desserts, bakery, etc) if you are looking for lighter plates/snacks. If you're looking for a nice steakhouse, I recommend Gallaghers inside NYNY. You don't have to get dressed up (I wouldn't go in shorts) but steaks are good. Expect to pay $100/person before tip but in Vegas that's cheaper than most. There are quite a few places walking distance from MGM Grand that have decent food. NYNY, Park MGM, Luxor/Mandalay Bay (tram ride from Excalibur). MGM Grand also has some nice spots to eat
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,451
    Haven’t read the entire thread but am ISO N2 if anyone has anything decent.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    Thinking about adding another day to hit the Dead & Co. at the Sphere on Friday. Currently have a room at the Linq for Thursday. Would need to get a room for Friday. Prefer to not bother having to check in to two places. Any recommendations on lodging close to the strip, that might be slightly more affordable than the resorts? TY!
    Check the EDC Las Vegas website. They have some blocked hotel deals. e.g. I saw Planet Hollywood for ~$360 for Thursday-Sat

hotels
    great suggestion - thanks!  best room rates I've seen so far for night 2
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,506
    edited February 27
    No Vegas for me, I'm baling out
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    Quick question from one too stupid to comprehend all the official communications: are tickets (which will be in our TM account on our phones, as I understand it) transferrable? I'll be coming to Vegas from Cali and my son from Indy, hopefully we can meet up prior to showtime but you never know.

I know tickets are normally transferrable in TM, but I would think 10c would want to prevent that if possible, to limit potential scalping (except, of course in New York and one other state - I think, ironically, Indiana). I know they used to (and perhaps still do) make GA holders go in together, but not sure if that would/could apply to assigned seats?
    It says in many places that tickets aren't transferable... you can't understand that? Wow
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    URthekey said:
    I was confirmed for the presale but once 1800 other people that were in from of me in the Queue bought all the face value tix, looks like it’s F2F or bust.
    Got N1, got Dead &Co at Sphere on the day off, just need N2.
    Good thing I don’t gamble… this trip is adding up $$$

Do you drink? Wait till you see the prices of everything on the strip or at the Sphere. Its a pretty expensive place these days. It not a place for the cheap anymore.

Cheaper to throw $20 in video poker or slots and get comp drinks for a couple hours.
    thats the move! Put $20 in the machine, and find a good bartender and tip him well.

Otherwise be ready for $15 beers and $20 drinks
    "tip well" is the key here. gambling $20 for "free" drinks will not get you very far. tip + gambling loss might get you slightly ahead of paying full price at the bar.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited February 27
    I'll be there for night 1, just barely as I got unfulfilled Ten Club tickets for my only requested show of the tour and got Limited view side stage seats, hoping for the best. My enthusiasm for the tour has definitely declined after the stress of last week (kidding but also not). What a shitshow. Fix it and figure out how to charge the fans fewer hundreds of dollars per ticket before next tour, please. 

Section 29

Signature by MGM
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    N2
    Sec 219
    Tru by Hilton

• Options
    I'll be there for night 1, just barely as I got unfulfilled Ten Club tickets for my only requested show of the tour and got Limited view side stage seats, hoping for the best. My enthusiasm for the tour has definitely declined after the stress of last week (kidding but also not). What a shitshow. Fix it and figure out how to charge the fans fewer hundreds of dollars per ticket before next tour, please. 

Section 29

Signature by MGM
    Side is best... I'm dumping a ticket on the last row of the floor .
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 428
    I'll be there with my wife celebrating my 40th birthday... we are on the Floor next to the soundboard
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    PJ5a1 said:
    I'll be there with my wife celebrating my 40th birthday... we are on the Floor next to the soundboard
    Fun.  I'm on the floor somewhere too.  I'll buy you a birthday beer if I see you. Just wear a PJ shirt!!  ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 102
    Night 2 - Section 211 staying at Planet Hollywood. Hoping to also get Night 1 tickets through F2F. Seeing Shania Twain on Friday night for my wife's birthday present so should be quite the contrast. 
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    URthekey said:
    I was confirmed for the presale but once 1800 other people that were in from of me in the Queue bought all the face value tix, looks like it’s F2F or bust.
    Got N1, got Dead &Co at Sphere on the day off, just need N2.
    Good thing I don’t gamble… this trip is adding up $$$

Do you drink? Wait till you see the prices of everything on the strip or at the Sphere. Its a pretty expensive place these days. It not a place for the cheap anymore.

Cheaper to throw $20 in video poker or slots and get comp drinks for a couple hours.
    thats the move! Put $20 in the machine, and find a good bartender and tip him well.

Otherwise be ready for $15 beers and $20 drinks
    "tip well" is the key here. gambling $20 for "free" drinks will not get you very far. tip + gambling loss might get you slightly ahead of paying full price at the bar.
    that is the key!

My favorite are the ones that really don't care if you are playing or not. As long as you tip! If they are being monitored, sometimes they will just tell you "time to put a little money in the machine". Trust me, they would much rather pour you multiple drinks with $5 tips than serve you one $15-20 drink with a $1 tip. 
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    Quick question from one too stupid to comprehend all the official communications: are tickets (which will be in our TM account on our phones, as I understand it) transferrable? I'll be coming to Vegas from Cali and my son from Indy, hopefully we can meet up prior to showtime but you never know.

I know tickets are normally transferrable in TM, but I would think 10c would want to prevent that if possible, to limit potential scalping (except, of course in New York and one other state - I think, ironically, Indiana). I know they used to (and perhaps still do) make GA holders go in together, but not sure if that would/could apply to assigned seats?
    It says in many places that tickets aren't transferable... you can't understand that? Wow
    I didn't want to look "many places," which is why I asked, and other people responded quite nicely.

But so glad you took the time to chime in! Sorry you won't be in Vegas so we can enjoy each other's company in person...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    edited February 29
    If anyone has a pair of night two, please let me know if you want to sell them via timed F2F when it opens.

Also have 1st row behind GA pit for L.A 1 & 2 if you want to trade (via F2F co-ordinated swap).
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Options

I didn't want to look "many places," which is why I asked, and other people responded quite nicely.

But so glad you took the time to chime in! Sorry you won't be in Vegas so we can enjoy each other's company in person...
    Lazy is as lazy does...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    edited February 28
    PJ5a1 said:
    That's awesome, this show will be 10 days after my 40th !
    We will be Mike's side stage. Upgraded from 10Club seats in the 200 level...
    Post edited by a5pj on
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    edited February 28
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    If anyone has a pair of night two, please let me know if you want to sell them.

Also have 1st row behind GA pit for L.A 1 & 2 if you want to trade (via F2F co-ordinated swap).
    pm sent, nevermind, wrong night on my end, sorry
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    If anyone has a pair of night two, please let me know if you want to sell them.

pm sent, nevermind, wrong night on my end, sorry
    No worries!
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I need 1 ticket for Vegas, Saturday night show. Clear view. Thanks.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    alaliaalalia Posts: 8
    Looking for 1 GA for both nights! 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    If anyone has a pair of night two, please let me know if you want to sell them via timed F2F when it opens.

bump!
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 182
    logged on to see if flights had changed prices after i booked to find my flights cancelled without any notification to me. Flights no longer exist - but what does exist, are flights with similar times at 5-8x the price.
  • Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 234
    blairs1 said:
    logged on to see if flights had changed prices after i booked to find my flights cancelled without any notification to me. Flights no longer exist - but what does exist, are flights with similar times at 5-8x the price.
    No notification would be illegal. Atleast it was when I worked for the airlines. Might want to check into it 

Might 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 182
    blairs1 said:
    No notification would be illegal. Atleast it was when I worked for the airlines. Might want to check into it 

Might 
    They were quick to offer a full refund after I saw the itinerary change after talking with a rep. Everything showed cancelled when I logged in and then all of a sudden new flights were there when the rep went in to see what was going on. 

I’ll figure something out. Should have figured it was too good to be true. 
  • Options
    Wolfgang2178Wolfgang2178 CA, USA Posts: 9
    gerald605 said:
    Going to Vegas N1 and N2 - anyone have any suggestions for a good place near the arena to grab some food before the shows?
    There are some indoor/outdoor places to eat across the street from MGM Grand between NYNY and Park MGM. Also just on the inside of Park MGM is Eatily. A bunch of small Italian eateries (deli, pizzas, wine bars, desserts, bakery, etc) if you are looking for lighter plates/snacks. If you're looking for a nice steakhouse, I recommend Gallaghers inside NYNY. You don't have to get dressed up (I wouldn't go in shorts) but steaks are good. Expect to pay $100/person before tip but in Vegas that's cheaper than most. There are quite a few places walking distance from MGM Grand that have decent food. NYNY, Park MGM, Luxor/Mandalay Bay (tram ride from Excalibur). MGM Grand also has some nice spots to eat
    Park MGM is my favorite central hotel. They just opened the new Chef Show food truck inside by the lobby.

GO TO THE CRACK SHACK! Its on the outside strip part of Park MGM. Another Gem inside is Best Friend, they don't open til 5 PM, but they have a Coke & Hennessey Slushie that is just what you need.

Also, I have experienced the ability to bring your drinks INTO the venues at MGM, they just make you put it in a plastic cup if you have glass. So have the fresh tall can of Michelob Ultra ready.

A lot of the more formal restaurants will require reservations and that weekend will be nutty, so plan ahead!