Options

Thoughts on London GA ballot

A lot of us are understandably annoyed and deflated about the way the ballot's being done this time but I was thinking about this earlier.  

For London gigs in the past, when we could see the odds, you always had a 99% chance (i.e. in reality 100% chance) of getting GA in the ballot.  There just isn't the demand here that there is in the US.  At these prices and in a larger venue there is likely to be even more supply relative to demand.  I reckon if you put your name down for "GA or seating", you'll get GA. 

I also think that £160 MUST be the most expensive ticket price in the venue - nobody other than a die hard fan is paying over £100 for a ticket to see Pearl Jam in 2024.  So if you do happen to get dropped to seating, surely they'll be half decent seats (well, as decent as you can get in a stadium).  The ballot system is clearly tied into the 10C system - for example they use your 10C login and will allocate seats based on membership number.  I would like to think even with Ticketmaster involved, Pearl Jam/10C aren't going to shaft us by giving us the worst seats in the place for more than the public sale price.  

I'm still buzzing to see them in London and Manchester in spite of the shock at the price, so just trying to spread a bit of positivity.  

Now if I'm proven wrong and 10C gives me a shite seat up at the back of the top tier for £160, so I end up buying GA for like £80 in the public sale as well, I will be absolutely raging  =)

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Im only after GA, have only ever saw at one show in my life (Roger Waters years ago) and its not for me. I'll be gutted to be allocated seats no matter where they are located tbh. Fingers crossed, gotta be in it to win it and all that
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    I'm hoping the same, I can't believe tickets way at the back up top will be the same price as close to the stage. So if we are getting charged the maximum price it should be front GA or at worst good seats 
  • Options
    SO MAD... this whole thing is just wrong 
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,563
    Agreed. The prices are DOUBLE those of 2022.  I also pre-registered on the 10c sale and I'd be devastated if I got seats and not GA.  This also means I cant go to Dublin or Manchester as I've been priced out.

The Tottenham stadium is absolutely massive so Im a bit surprised they would choose one night there as opposed (maybe 2 nights) the O2 or Wembley Arena.
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,029
    SO MAD... this whole thing is just wrong 
    This
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    Love your optimism omcollins - but if you can't see that those purple pit tickets are the prime steak that Ticketmaster and their secondary sites want to flog off to VIPs for 3,4x the face value then I have a bridge to sell you.

Of course we could hear upfront how many purple tickets there are and how many are allocated to 10Club members - but we wont.

I'm sitting this one out - am too long in the tooth to be fleeced £160 for a seating ticket and £9 pints all to watch PJ on a big screen as they look like ants on a stage far far away.

Support your local small venue and up and coming bands.

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 950
    So Im yet to read through all the details yet, but can you not enter the ballot for a single GA ticket for London/Manchester?  Is it saying you opt in for 'GA OR seated' and could get either, no refunds?
    Do we know if 10C tix still get early access or golden circle?
  • Options
    So Im yet to read through all the details yet, but can you not enter the ballot for a single GA ticket for London/Manchester?  Is it saying you opt in for 'GA OR seated' and could get either, no refunds?
    You have to register/pay up front for a "purple circle OR seat (of ticketmaster's choice) - you can't buy GA only - purple or otherwise.

• Options
    Tjm007 said:
    You have to register/pay up front for a "purple circle OR seat (of ticketmaster's choice) - you can't buy GA only - purple or otherwise.

what on earth is purple circle lol?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,849
    Wayyyy too complicated. Sure whomever goes will have fun. 

I'm still excited to follow setlists and see the poster reveal.
    Maybe I just had my fun already.

Hey kid get off my lawn!
  • Options
    OK, just looked through, agree this seems worse than previous years. just want 10C early entry standing, which hopefully is what i'll get but the risk of paying £160 for a seat way at the back is a bit of a risk
  • Options
    On the plus side, if you get a seat you don't want, you can resell it on Ticketmaster, which you could never do before. If it's a decent seat, then surely, hopefully, someone will buy it. Worst case scenario is getting a seat you don't want and nobody wants to buy it on resale. 

I'd be interested in knowing how many Golden Circle tickets are held back for general sale and PJ Premium. 

Interesting that the Ten Club lottery has no option to select rear standing for London. These will be plentiful and easy to obtain. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,975
    Good for the positivity!!

the tickets are indeed expensive for all concerts i applied (london,berlin and barcelona, we are talking about 1700 EUR in total for tickets) but its probably the last time i will do something with this magnitude (5 shows) so we decided to go with it.

That being said and looking at the chart pictures for london (as well as the other 2 and these 2 have all the space available for 10c) and since one person can only get 2 tickets i would say we have pretty good chances for at least being somewhere in there(at this point i just want to be selected to be honest since verified and general sale will be a nightmare) but i really miss the odds feature , we are freaking out at the chance of not winning and we would be devastated if we didnt win 10c tickets.

we are kinda anxious for the weekend to finally know if we will win
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    We all got gold circle for hyde park when tickets were half the price so fingers crossed same for this
  • Options
    On the plus side, if you get a seat you don't want, you can resell it on Ticketmaster, which you could never do before. If it's a decent seat, then surely, hopefully, someone will buy it. Worst case scenario is getting a seat you don't want and nobody wants to buy it on resale. 

I'd be interested in knowing how many Golden Circle tickets are held back for general sale and PJ Premium. 

Interesting that the Ten Club lottery has no option to select rear standing for London. These will be plentiful and easy to obtain. 
    See this is one of the things that I think is an improvement - you can pass on your ticket easily if you can't make it, and you don't need to be there in person, on the day, with ID, to pick up your physical tickets (although I do like a physical ticket as a memento).  As someone who has to travel from Scotland, it's a ball ache and extra expense having to travel the night before to make sure I can be there to pick up the ticket in plenty time.  Having 10C tickets was actually a disadvantage for me in a lot of ways.

HOWEVER, you're right, if people's worst fears come true, and we get a crap seat in row ZZZ for full price, nobody is going to buy that from you.
  • Options
    We all got gold circle for hyde park when tickets were half the price so fingers crossed same for this
    This is where I'm coming from, I think (hope) we'll be OK.
  • Options
    just_one said:

the tickets are indeed expensive for all concerts i applied (london,berlin and barcelona, we are talking about 1700 EUR in total for tickets) but its probably the last time i will do something with this magnitude (5 shows) so we decided to go with it.

That being said and looking at the chart pictures for london (as well as the other 2 and these 2 have all the space available for 10c) and since one person can only get 2 tickets i would say we have pretty good chances for at least being somewhere in there(at this point i just want to be selected to be honest since verified and general sale will be a nightmare) but i really miss the odds feature , we are freaking out at the chance of not winning and we would be devastated if we didnt win 10c tickets.

Yeah the biggest worry for me is that there really aren't any great seats at a stadium venue so even the best won't be ideal compared to GA.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,975
    omcollins said:
    just_one said:

Yeah the biggest worry for me is that there really aren't any great seats at a stadium venue so even the best won't be ideal compared to GA.
    as i said at this point we just want to be there GA or seating we dont care , the weekend cant arrive fast enough
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    just_one said:
    omcollins said:
    just_one said:

as i said at this point we just want to be there GA or seating we dont care , the weekend cant arrive fast enough
    That really is the best attitude to have and I feel the same within reason. Will be disappointed to be seated very far away from the stage.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338

But you can only sell the seat on TM/F2F if you have a bank account within the country of the event. 
    So if you are coming from another country it’s another risk you need to consider regarding possibly unwanted seat locations. 
  • Options
    RCBRCB UK Posts: 1
    I am going to have to just wait it out until General Sale as I want to take my kids with me (same as Hyde Park) so being limited to 2 tickets is pretty frustrating
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the general sale will have cheaper tickets? I got lucky with 2 standing tickets in the lottery, but feel £160 is insane. Is the whole venue £160 regardless?
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    Does anyone know if the general sale will have cheaper tickets? I got lucky with 2 standing tickets in the lottery, but feel £160 is insane. Is the whole venue £160 regardless?
    If they're charging £160.00 for the whole venue then I'd expect to see at least the entire top deck empty. You'd have to be insane to pay that and be a gazillion miles away!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Its important to realise the TC tickets were in reality only £130 ish each - the rest was TM fees. 
  • Options
    I think it was set so that we'd initially only see the full amount, as they've mentioned a few times in the info given about the tour being sold at an all in price point. Think it's our ticketing laws here in Europe that mean we get to see that breakdown. 
  • Options
    How did the lottery work out ?
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Apologies everyone, but I have a quick question. My confirmation email for London says “front standing.”  I had assumed this was just generic GA, but im seeing people talking about different levels.  Is front standing anything I should be excited about, or is it just normal GA and the earlier you get in, the better your odds of being close?  Thanks. 
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Apologies everyone, but I have a quick question. My confirmation email for London says “front standing.”  I had assumed this was just generic GA, but im seeing people talking about different levels.  Is front standing anything I should be excited about, or is it just normal GA and the earlier you get in, the better your odds of being close?  Thanks. 
    It's the golden circle bit at the front.
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    Just got my ticket through and says GA Front standing so hopefully your right and it is the gold circle section. 
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,563
    edited March 28
    ilockyer said:
    Just got my ticket through and says GA Front standing so hopefully your right and it is the gold circle section. 

GA Front = Golden Circle
    Read Standing = GA Standing

Although....dont think there's much in it looking at the seating plan
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}