Options

Odds that Ticketmaster Lotto Goes Off w/out a Hitch ...

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
Today's secret word ... POSITIVITY!

Odds that Ticketmaster Lotto Goes Off w/out a Hitch ... 67 votes

A Cold Day in Hell
25% 17 votes
A Snowball's Chance in Hell
23% 16 votes
When Pigs Fly
32% 22 votes
TM DID IT! ... Prepare thee for the Four Horsemen
17% 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    I have faith that the reseating issue from last year won't happen again. I will be curious to see what happens when people don't have the option to set order of preference of their shows.
  • Options
    Hopefully it goes well.  I voted for when pigs fly ...

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,432
    The correct answer is that there’s already a hitch and it’s built into the process - the fact that you can’t set priorities.  That’s a total fail and is probably the case because last year they messed up the system logic for priority and rather than fixing it they just abandoned the concept.  So they failed before the first entry was submitted.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    WHEN PIGS FLY
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    WHEN Kangaroos FLY

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,653
    And the Over on “a hitch” hits.  The great 2024 AMEX Event.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    CH273892CH273892 Posts: 84
    "The Horsemen are drawing nearer
    On leather steeds they ride
    They've come to take your life
    On through the dead of night
    With The Four Horsemen ride
    Or choose your fate and die
    Oh yeah"

Hetfield / Ulrich / Mustaine
    2000-08-15 Memphis, TN
    2003-06-24 Columbus, OH
    2004-10-02 Toledo, OH
    2006-05-20 Cleveland, OH
    2006-06-24 Cincinnati, OH
    2008-06-14 Manchester, TN
    2010-05-17 Boston, MA
    2013-10-15 Worcester, MA
    2016-08-05 Boston, MA
    2016-08-07 Boston, MA
    2018-06-18 London, UK
    2018-06-19 London, UK
    2018.08.18 Chicago, IL
    2018.08.20 Chicago, IL
    2022.09.16 Nashville, TN
    2023.09.10 Indianapolis, IN

2022.07.18 PSA: Just remember folks, ALWAYS pay goods and services. And if something seems too good to be true--it probably is.
  • Options

• Options
    How did we do it back in the day for 10C tickets?   Postcards?   It seemed to work, whatever it was.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,016
    1 day in 

1 credit card debacle 

5 days to go. What next will happen! 
  • Options
    Maybe they should have stuck with the system from before premium seats and profit-maximizing that worked for fans.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,405
    I’m not sure what thread I posted on stating that this whole process is a Hassle to get through! Compared to the old systems they used and someone stated that it’s really not, OK well last night proves this is a major pain it’s 2024 and here we are folks getting screwed by technology. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    So if I used an Amex card for US shows should I switch it? All my Ticketmaster shows have been purchased with the same Amex in the past. If this just an issue in AUS?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the path going forward is for 10C to hold a pre-sale for however many tickets they are allotted and THEN take that to Ticketmaster once it is done successfully.   That way if there is a screw up (which the odds seem 100% when TM does it), there is time to pause and fix i.  Now if there is a screw up, you are screwed in the TM system. 

Make us send post cards and a check to Seattle ... i don't care.  The TM method is not working.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    Kind of crazy to think it started off on this note after last year's ticket debacle.  Must be the new norm.  They should call in the person that runs the mobile website to fix the ticket issues...oh wait...
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,320
    PJNB said:
    1 day in 

1 credit card debacle 

5 days to go. What next will happen! 
    I’m predicting:

1. Some people get selected and charged for shows they didn’t put in for;
    2. Other people get multiple pairs of tickets at different price levels for the same shows;
    3. At minimum, 4 seating reassignments due to seniority; and
    4. During the public sale, we find out that the 5 sections closest to the stage at MSG, which were mysteriously absent from the 10c presale, are full exclusively of PJ premium seats. 

It’s gonna be a wild week ahead!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,488
    I’m not sure what thread I posted on stating that this whole process is a Hassle to get through! Compared to the old systems they used and someone stated that it’s really not, OK well last night proves this is a major pain it’s 2024 and here we are folks getting screwed by technology. 

I don't know, I entered with no problem. They told us to contact our banks ahead of time. People cannot read.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

I don't know, I entered with no problem. They told us to contact our banks ahead of time. People cannot read.
    People that said they contacted their banks ahead of time still had an issue. I don’t think every issue is just a user issue at all. I’m certain there are some as there always are…but this seems worse then just those few user issues.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    severinlseverinl Posts: 21
    Get_Right said:

With many credit card providers it's not even possible to pre approve certain charges/vendors. My bank does not have a process for that. It's all automated
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

People that said they contacted their banks ahead of time still had an issue. I don’t think every issue is just a user issue at all. I’m certain there are some as there always are…but this seems worse then just those few user issues.

Many vendors do not accept Amex due to the higher fees. But it does suck that the order was accepted and then denied at the time of purchase.
  • Options
    severinl said:
    Get_Right said:

With many credit card providers it's not even possible to pre approve certain charges/vendors. My bank does not have a process for that. It's all automated

You should be able to get a person on the phone. It may take an hour, but eventually you will get someone.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Many vendors do not accept Amex due to the higher fees. But it does suck that the order was accepted and then denied at the time of purchase.
    This is Ticketmaster. I have literally used my Amex card for every 10c lottery since Amex accepted and for other Ticketmaster purchases in the last month.  But I’d just like a 10C answer before the deadline on if there is an issue this year for some reason…even though it allowed Amex to be entered.

i feel terrible for the people already affected by this and think even though it’s a weekend that 10c should get ahead of this with the other regions.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

This is Ticketmaster. I have literally used my Amex card for every 10c lottery since Amex accepted and for other Ticketmaster purchases in the last month.  But I’d just like a 10C answer before the deadline on if there is an issue this year for some reason…even though it allowed Amex to be entered.

i feel terrible for the people already affected by this and think even though it’s a weekend that 10c should get ahead of this with the other regions.

I wonder if it was the Euro aspect that really caused the problem. Unlikely we will get any answers.
  • Options
    JM188265JM188265 Posts: 14
    I don't even remember which card I used, but I went ahead and resubmitted my request with a non-AMEX card, just in case. At least the confirmation email came immediately this time.  What a drag.  I hope it works out for everyone.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,729
    So if I used an Amex card for US shows should I switch it? All my Ticketmaster shows have been purchased with the same Amex in the past. If this just an issue in AUS?

You'll be fine. This seems to have either been an AUS problem only, or they fixed the issue since it happened in AUS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,910
    I haven't seen ten clubbers losing lottery yet, amazing!!!... just technical difficulties 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I haven't seen ten clubbers losing lottery yet, amazing!!!... just technical difficulties 

I saw a few people simply not score, but it is always nice to see all the happy posts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,910
    Oh? I missed that, thought they were bank issues
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Oh? I missed that, thought they were bank issues

It might have been on FB where I saw it.