My 750xxx 10club number

Comments

• joemattinglyjrjoemattinglyjr Posts: 8
    edited February 14
    Oddly I didn't receive an email note about the tour, need to check email settings I guess or is there a priority list for timing of emails?  Im in the 740K range and just joined last year.  OP I have you beat! lol

Post edited by joemattinglyjr on
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    susannj said:
    And I am 747XXX and trying for NYC and PHI but honestly I don't even think I will get any tickets never mind good seats. Oh how I miss those seniority days when it mattered  :|
    Oops typo I meant I am 747XX.  :blush:
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • artforbw said:
    If it works out similarly to the United Center shows last years, you’d get better seats at face value buying later, and not from the lottery.
    I got section 100 facing the stage, the day before the show, at face value.
    People had a hard time getting anything near face value back when trying to sell their 300 level seats.
    Keep in mind, capacity is much larger at Wrigley. Holds 41,000 vs 23,000. So will be even more difficult to unload unwanted seats.
    Yeah, I was just having fun when I started this thread. 
    Ive been a member for over 20 years, and I know how the ticket game is played. 

Last year I bought side stage for the United Center for $45, the day of the show. 
    I have no intention of putting in for 10club seats this time around. 
    How does this work?  Did you buy through a standard reseller like Stubhub or did you somehow buy through Ten Club from another member?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    artforbw said:
    If it works out similarly to the United Center shows last years, you’d get better seats at face value buying later, and not from the lottery.
    People had a hard time getting anything near face value back when trying to sell their 300 level seats.
    Keep in mind, capacity is much larger at Wrigley. Holds 41,000 vs 23,000. So will be even more difficult to unload unwanted seats.

Last year I bought side stage for the United Center for $45, the day of the show. 
    How does this work?  Did you buy through a standard reseller like Stubhub or did you somehow buy through Ten Club from another member?
    They probably bought a single right before the show. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 said:
    artforbw said:

They probably bought a single right before the show. 
    I'm a newbie.  Given the rules and everything being done via apps now, what is the most effective way for a Ten Club member to buy last minute tickets?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    Spunkie said:
    ^ 10 Club will give you a one-time made a mistake chance if you email them.
    They didn't for me back in '08 or so...  They let me keep my join date of '06, but I think my member # (425XXX) is more inline with people who joined whenever I decided I wanted back in. 
  • I'm serious, that's my number. 
    Where do you think I will be sitting at Wrigley, if I were to win 10club tix? 

Im guessing I will be in the right field bleachers, selling hot dogs. 
    probably in the media dining room behind the pressbox with that kind of number...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    Murphy's?
  • Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 117
    edited February 14
    DKedzie said:
    Spunkie said:
    ^ 10 Club will give you a one-time made a mistake chance if you email them.
    Unfortunately, not if the mistake was 15-20 years ago. I emailed then and asked at that time about being able to keep my original number, but no dice.
    Joined the TenClub back in '92 after my first show , had an insanely low 5 digit number, fucked up in '96 but a re joined right before '98 tour, either one of those numbers would be awesome today, but fucked up again '14 and rejoined in '16 and now sit with a high 600,000 lol.

Still, I have never been denied getting into a show that I've really wanted to see, there is always a way. I've never been a seat snob, I just want to get into the building first and foremost.
    Post edited by Hoagie Breath on
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    artforbw said:

Although I am not kidding about my 10club number.
    After letting it expire a few times, I sit at 750xxx
    Thank you for the PSA about updating payment info. My card on fire has expired, and I renew in about a month!
    $175 tickets will weed out a lot of people from doing the lottery option - plus the enormous pit for Chicago- my odds are way higher to get a GA 🍀🍀 a guy can dream right?
    Yes, one can dream! 

Although I don't think the $175 price is going to scare away that many people. It may make people bitch, whine, scream, yell, and cry. But at the end of the day they are going to still try to get tickets, and pay the $175. 
    Most people are going to spend far more than that on the travel and hotels. So I doubt a lot will not attend because they're spending an extra $30 on a ticket that last time. 
  • I'm in a similar position looking at the Wrigley shows. Trying to gauge whether it's better to try and get some through 10C or wait and buy resale. I'd prefer not to have 300 level tickets and see that there were better options available for cheaper on secondary markets. Anyone have experience from the last Wrigley shows?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    The ticketing process for the Wrigley shows in 2018 would be comparing apples and oranges.  That was pre-PJ Premium era.  My high 10C number still got me decent 100 level seats down the third base line in shallow left field.  Now, my seats would very likely be further back and/or upper deck.  There’s a good chance those tickets can be had for less than $175 via stubhub (IL laws) or there’s opportunity for better seats at face value via Fan to Fan.  So it’s really a big gamble. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    I'm in a similar position looking at the Wrigley shows. Trying to gauge whether it's better to try and get some through 10C or wait and buy resale. I'd prefer not to have 300 level tickets and see that there were better options available for cheaper on secondary markets. Anyone have experience from the last Wrigley shows?
    I am in the same boat for Saturday at Wrigley. Higher number, so if I don't get GA who knows where I will end up, but I do want a shot at GA though. I have been going back and forth on whether to cancel my request. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,754
    i put in for wrigley 2 because the dates worked better than any of the other 2nd leg shows.  with my number i'll probably be somewhere on the field, which won't be great for my short wife but it's pj at wrigley in the summer so i won't complain...much.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • bbiggs said:
    The ticketing process for the Wrigley shows in 2018 would be comparing apples and oranges.  That was pre-PJ Premium era.  My high 10C number still got me decent 100 level seats down the third base line in shallow left field.  Now, my seats would very likely be further back and/or upper deck.  There’s a good chance those tickets can be had for less than $175 via stubhub (IL laws) or there’s opportunity for better seats at face value via Fan to Fan.  So it’s really a big gamble. 
    What is "PJ Premium" relative to 10 C?  I'm a new member to 10C.  Also, if I might ask, what is "fan to fan".  Is there a ticket exchange of some kind through 10C?
  • bbiggs said:
    What is "PJ Premium" relative to 10 C?  I'm a new member to 10C.  Also, if I might ask, what is "fan to fan".  Is there a ticket exchange of some kind through 10C?
    Can one of you nice people please give this person an answer. 
    Lets help out a new member here. 

I would but I am running out the door to get my wife some roses. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    edited February 14
    Back in 2018 I was a year into my membership and I was in 400s..but honestly it was great. Night 2 I had GA and that was also amazing for different reasons. First night I really took in the crowd and the stadium and the city lights..the whole mood. 2nd it was just me and the band in my brain
    Post edited by deb1211 on
  • bbiggs said:
    PJ Premium is just a name for Ticketmaster's premium price tickets. Not related to 10C.
    Fan to fan is a ticket exchange through Ticketmaster. For non-Illinois shows, tickets had to be sold at face value and could not be sold on secondary sites. My understanding is that Illinois has a law preventing that, so tickets can be scalped for higher or lower than face value on secondary sites.
  • bbiggs said:
    PJ Premium is just a name for Ticketmaster's premium price tickets. Not related to 10C.
    Fan to fan is a ticket exchange through Ticketmaster. For non-Illinois shows, tickets had to be sold at face value and could not be sold on secondary sites. My understanding is that Illinois has a law preventing that, so tickets can be scalped for higher or lower than face value on secondary sites.
    Thank you.  One more fan to fan question, is that 10C members only and facilitated through Ticketmaster?  Do you have to be a 10C member to access that feature?
  • bbiggs said:
    Thank you.  One more fan to fan question, is that 10C members only and facilitated through Ticketmaster?  Do you have to be a 10C member to access that feature?
    For the non-Illinois shows, all tickets have to be exchanged through fan to fan, 10C or regular. So everyone has access.
    It made finding good seats for face value pretty easy, but also makes it hard to get rid of worse seats since you couldn't lower the price.
  • bbiggs said:
    For the non-Illinois shows, all tickets have to be exchanged through fan to fan, 10C or regular. So everyone has access.
    It made finding good seats for face value pretty easy, but also makes it hard to get rid of worse seats since you couldn't lower the price.
    Interesting.  I guess they have some way of verifying that the buyer is a "fan" and not a reseller other than 10C membership.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Behind a pole.
  • Does member number impact the quality of your seat options at all venues?
    Didn't they claim that they were using Premium Pricing as a way to keep 10c tickets down too?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    edited February 16
    My thoughts....

Everyone putting in for Wrigley are going to get their tickets. 
    Plus I think there will be plenty available later on, in the secondary market, for face value or less. 

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    edited February 14
    Potentially unpopular opinion: I think stadium shows have less demand this year than previous tours. I think everyone that requests gets in.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• Gibson said:
    Potentially unpopular opinion: I think stadium shows have less demand this year than previous tours. I think everyone that requests gets in.
    Not bothering to put in for Fenway. Did not put in lottery in either 2016 nor 2018 yet ended up at all 4 shows. Tickets were easy to come by in in drops, or people unloading. 

We did put in for Seattle 2018 home shows - me for GA or bust night 1, husband for GA or bust night 2. Won both.

Would love to go back to Seattle for an arena show this year, but it doesn't look like our schedule will work.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 122
    I'm in a similar position looking at the Wrigley shows. Trying to gauge whether it's better to try and get some through 10C or wait and buy resale. I'd prefer not to have 300 level tickets and see that there were better options available for cheaper on secondary markets. Anyone have experience from the last Wrigley shows?
    Yes, I got better seats for a little under face value at the last one. If you have a high member number, you'll be better off getting tix through resale rather than 10C. After tax, I believe face value is $191.38.
    Many won't want to pay that for a nosebleed seat.
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    mace1229 said:
    $175 tickets will weed out a lot of people from doing the lottery option - plus the enormous pit for Chicago- my odds are way higher to get a GA 🍀🍀 a guy can dream right?
    Yes, one can dream! 

Although I don't think the $175 price is going to scare away that many people. It may make people bitch, whine, scream, yell, and cry. But at the end of the day they are going to still try to get tickets, and pay the $175. 
    Most people are going to spend far more than that on the travel and hotels. So I doubt a lot will not attend because they're spending an extra $30 on a ticket that last time. 
    Many people were bummed about having paid $162 for 300 level last year, and were not able to resell them for more than $75-$100, so lost money on it.
    The friend I went with to one of the Chicago shows last year is passing on going to this year’s show, due to the $191 price tag. Other friends share the same sentiment.
    Will depend on how big of a fan you are, and to some extent, how much money you make, to afford it.