Options

Dark Matter RSD variant?

Comments

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    vinyl boy said:
    PeterED said:
    As ugly as that RSD variant is I'm going to hopefully get it.  I ordered the 10 Club version for $86 CAD, but they allowed me to cancel it after thinking about the absurd cost.
    My local Toronto shop has the RSD release showing at $79.99!!

madness

at 15,000 being issued I’m willing to wait until Dec when shops will be discounting to move.
    You must be talking about the Dead Dogs posting.  I was tempted to ask if they were scalping their own supply
    Yes, Dead Dog.

but Neurotica is not much better:
    https://www.neurotica.ca/product-page/pearl-jam-dark-matter
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912

Here's another Record Store Day exclusive title that we're hoping to secure for our RSD event on Sat, 20th April.
    It’s Pearl Jam’s latest studio album Dark Matter pressed on yellow and ghostly black "Dark Matter" vinyl in a gatefold jacket with 24-page booklet and 1 of 3 unique sticker sets included.
    If the advance singles “Dark Matter” and “Running,” are anything to go by this album won’t disappoint fans. Stay tuned to the event page to see the full list of secured RSD titles Record Store Day 2024

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,949
    demetrios said:

Here's another Record Store Day exclusive title that we're hoping to secure for our RSD event on Sat, 20th April.
    It’s Pearl Jam’s latest studio album Dark Matter pressed on yellow and ghostly black "Dark Matter" vinyl in a gatefold jacket with 24-page booklet and 1 of 3 unique sticker sets included.
    If the advance singles “Dark Matter” and “Running,” are anything to go by this album won’t disappoint fans. Stay tuned to the event page to see the full list of secured RSD titles Record Store Day 2024

24 page booklet and sticker set! I might be lining up after all! Do other variants come with this too or just the RSD release I wonder!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    demetrios said:

24 page booklet and sticker set! I might be lining up after all! Do other variants come with this too or just the RSD release I wonder!? 

I believe all vinyl editions will include the booklet & sticker set.

From the 10club store.

• STANDARD DARK MATTER VINYL  WITH  24-PAGE BOOKLET
    • VINYL PACKAGES INCLUDE ONE OF 3 UNIQUE STICKER SHEETS WITH 5 CENTER LABEL STICKERS AND A LOGO STICKER

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,949
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

I believe all vinyl editions will include the booklet & sticker set.

From the 10club store.

• STANDARD DARK MATTER VINYL  WITH  24-PAGE BOOKLET
    • VINYL PACKAGES INCLUDE ONE OF 3 UNIQUE STICKER SHEETS WITH 5 CENTER LABEL STICKERS AND A LOGO STICKER

👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    https://lenoise.ca/fr/products/pearl-jam-dark-matter-coloured?_pos=4&_sid=6b9d7d1a5&_ss=r

• Options

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    Be wary of Swifties again on RSD. My wife told me there's a promotional video on Tik Tok that goes up to a whiteboard showing today as the release date for TTPD-and record store day is written next to it on the calendar slot. There may be a surprise release (or a ton of Swifties lining up for nothing). But a heads up
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,249
    JT167846 said:
    Be wary of Swifties again on RSD. My wife told me there's a promotional video on Tik Tok that goes up to a whiteboard showing today as the release date for TTPD-and record store day is written next to it on the calendar slot. There may be a surprise release (or a ton of Swifties lining up for nothing). But a heads up
    She has an album coming out tomorrow. My record store said there are special rsd surprises from her though. It’ll be a madhouse Saturday 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    For those who picked up the Pearl Jam RSD vinyl at Taz Records received a free Dark Matter slipmat. 
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    There were a lot of Taylor Swift fans out early today, the whole front of the line. I had no idea.  I was worried I was going to get denied. They went right for the 45s and it was smooth sailing after the wave. (see what I did there?)
    I’m listening to my vinyl Dark Matter now, 2 days ahead of my Monday 10c delivery date. Happy Saturday.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    edited April 20
    Got my RSD Dark Matter vinyl. I also picked up the Sonic Youth greatest hits where famous people picked the songs to be included on it. The track listing says who picked which song. Eddie Vedder’s selection was Teenage Riot. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511
    RSD magazine has Pearl Jam on cover 
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    If you live in Connecticut, there were still several copies available at Uncle Joe's records in Cornwall and no line when I left this morning. He will likely have extras on his site: https://www.unclejoesrecords.com/
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    What's with the regional variants?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    Horse2345 said:
    What's with the regional variants?
    Different thread out there for this,
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 208
    demetrios said:
    This is a GREAT record store! 
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    GlowGirl said:
    Got my RSD Dark Matter vinyl. I also picked up the Sonic Youth greatest hits where famous people picked the songs to be included on it. The track listing says who picked which song. Eddie Vedder’s selection was Teenage Riot. 
    Their cover of The Carpenter's Superstar is on that comp and is fantastic.
  • Options
    Up! Pearl Jam Dark Matter Monkeywrench Records, yellow and ghostly black "Dark Matter" colored vinyl
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 249
    demetrios said:
    Up! Pearl Jam Dark Matter Monkeywrench Records, yellow and ghostly black "Dark Matter" colored vinyl
    Where is this?
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Where is this?

https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/dark-matter?_pos=1&_sid=4d048450d&_ss=r

• Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 249
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Where is this?

That's the RSD variant, right?
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Where is this?

That's the RSD variant, right?

Correct.