Is there a way to get paid for sale of tickets on F2F if you don’t have a domestic bank account?

13»

Comments

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    edited February 16
    Last time around, I was eventually able to get paid for the tickets I sold for Ottawa on F2F, but it took several months and lots of calls/emails with TM to get them to issue the physical check. Fortunately I had no issue depositing it at my bank. This time around, I’m thinking of creating a wise account to try to avoid these issues. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    Zen23 said:
    Why is that? Is it because they are Ten Club tickets? In its general information, Ticketmaster UK always says the following:

"You're in control. Set your price and see exactly how much you'll be paid when your tickets sell."

"Follow the prompts, choose your pricing and enter a payout method."

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/sell

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360003060157-How-do-I-sell-tickets
    Because the band and mgmt set the rules and if you throw your tickets back into TM for F2F resale there is NO OPTION to change price
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Is this a worldwide rule?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 16
    Zen23 said:
    Why is that? Is it because they are Ten Club tickets? In its general information, Ticketmaster UK always says the following:

"You're in control. Set your price and see exactly how much you'll be paid when your tickets sell."

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360003060157-How-do-I-sell-tickets
    Because the band and mgmt set the rules and if you throw your tickets back into TM for F2F resale there is NO OPTION to change price
    That's true for F2F. However the lottery page says that only North America tickets are nontransferable. So one could sell UK tickets on stubhub for a lower price. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    SHZA said:
    Zen23 said:

That's true for F2F. However the lottery page says that only North America tickets are nontransferable. So one could sell UK tickets on stubhub for a lower price. 
    Yes but the question was about selling at lower price on TM
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 16
    SHZA said:
    Zen23 said:

Yes but the question was about selling at lower price on TM
    Based on a mistaken assumption that TM is the only resale option 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited February 16
    Opened a US domiciled account with TD on Wednesday and the account is already visible alongside my TD accounts in Canada.
    Should be 2-3 weeks for the debit card to arrive but appear to be all set for the F2F listings to be paid out by direct deposit.
    Here's hoping there are no additional barriers or issues. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 245
    For wise, how do I get the funds back to me? I see info on how to get paid, but is there a way to move the money to my actual account?
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited February 22
    100 Pacer said:
    Opened a US domiciled account with TD on Wednesday and the account is already visible alongside my TD accounts in Canada.
    Should be 2-3 weeks for the debit card to arrive but appear to be all set for the F2F listings to be paid out by direct deposit.
    Here's hoping there are no additional barriers or issues. 

Wanted to follow up and stress how simple the process has been thus far with TD for my fellow Canadians who bank there. The temporary deposits from Ticketmaser were visible in my account today - needed to verify the two deposits in my Ticketmaster account for authorization. This was after selling a Noblesville pair on F2F this past Sunday. Definitely no reason to be concerned once you begin the process.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    I just spoke with a TM representative and found out some good news for those of you traveling to the Vancouver shows from the US who do not have a Canadian bank account- if you sell tickets on F2F and do not have a Canadian bank account, you will still get paid by physical check (as in the past). It may take a little while to get the check (when I sold Ottawa tickets two years ago, it took about 3 months), but at least you will eventually get paid. 
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    any word on US person selling UK/Australia/NZ....

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

any word on US person selling UK/Australia/NZ....
    I would assume it’s the same. But you might want to call TM to confirm.