Is there a way to get paid for sale of tickets on F2F if you don’t have a domestic bank account?

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited February 14
    Zod said:
    With my TD one.  The monthly fee is waived if the balance stays over $100 USD.

There's no TD branches in the West Coast of the US, so when I did the online app to open it, I chose my nearest branch as being in Pennsylvania (as I think that was geographically closest to me). I don't think it matters.  I've never needed to step foot in a branch. I do everything online, by the phone, or via ATM.

I also don't mind this now that it's setup. I tend to go to the US once or twice a year.   Whatever ends up going on the card, I just spend while I'm down there.  It’s kind of handy if something gets refunded to it, because it doesn't convert back to Canadian and I save on FX fees.

Good to hear. Confirms what they told me today prior to submitting my application. For those Canadians opening an account with TD in the States be advised the proper method is logging into your Easyweb account and bringing up the application there - initially I was direct to TD’s US website and the application was rejected.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • lol good luck.  I still have a Canadian check from selling my Toronto tix (I’m US) sitting in my shelf that I apparently cant do anything with without setting up a Canadian bank account!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • julieferjuliefer Posts: 395
    lol good luck.  I still have a Canadian check from selling my Toronto tix (I’m US) sitting in my shelf that I apparently cant do anything with without setting up a Canadian bank account!
    check out my above post above about Wise. You could open an account through them without having to go anywhere in person.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    lol good luck.  I still have a Canadian check from selling my Toronto tix (I’m US) sitting in my shelf that I apparently cant do anything with without setting up a Canadian bank account!
    wait, American banks don't accept cheques from Canada?  Canadian ones accept ones from the US, you just have to wait longer for them to clear. Seems one sided :)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Zod said:
    wait, American banks don't accept cheques from Canada?  Canadian ones accept ones from the US, you just have to wait longer for them to clear. Seems one sided :)
    My bank cashed the Canadian check. They took out money for the exchange rate or something like that - but they cashed it.

GlowGirl said:
    Zod said:
    My bank cashed the Canadian check. They took out money for the exchange rate or something like that - but they cashed it.

That's normal.   We Canadians run into that alot.  Any time we buy something in foreign currency on a credit card, and the order has to get refunded for one reason or another.   We lose out on the foreign exchange twice (once when it goes from CDN to US to buy the thing, then again when it gets refunded, the US to CDN).  On a credit card it's like 2.5% in one direction, so you can lose 5%, when a company cancels an order on you.

I don't Americans run into as much because you can buy all the cool stuff in America :)

• palm0014palm0014 Posts: 52
    Thanks for all the info on this.  I’m hoping to go to the Chicago show but am in Ottawa.

i have a question…can I buy tickets for the show using my credit card (like I’ve done in the past) and I only need to open a Wise account if I try and sell the tickets..or do I need to buy tickets from the beginning with a Wise account in order to sell them?  Just trying to figure out if I have to haul ass and get a wise account set up before February 18.  Thanks!
    You can buy the tickets with a Canadian credit card.  You only need the US card if you want to sell the tickets. 
    Zod said:
    You can buy the tickets with a Canadian credit card.  You only need the US card if you want to sell the tickets. 
    You have made my life better all of a sudden.  Now I can focus my efforts more on planning how many shows to catch instead of setting up accounts!  Thank you.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    palm0014 said:
    Thanks for all the info on this.  I’m hoping to go to the Chicago show but am in Ottawa.

i have a question…can I buy tickets for the show using my credit card (like I’ve done in the past) and I only need to open a Wise account if I try and sell the tickets..or do I need to buy tickets from the beginning with a Wise account in order to sell them?  Just trying to figure out if I have to haul ass and get a wise account set up before February 18.  Thanks!
    Chicago tickets are transferable so you can sell them any way you want.  This nonsense doesn’t apply.  Just have to respect face value rule.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    palm0014 said:

Chicago tickets are transferable so you can sell them any way you want.  This nonsense doesn’t apply.  Just have to respect face value rule.  
    Thanks for bringing this up.  I did see Illinois has laws in place and I forgot about it.  Thanks for the heads up!
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Lots of good info here, thanks all.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    edited February 15
     Just in case I win the lottery and make the shows does anyone know a "guy" with connections that can get me the proper paperwork to meet every bank's requirement to open an account?

****- For fans who can’t use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange for every city beginning at a later date. You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. Tickets identified for sale above face value on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation. For more info on Ticketmaster’s Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange click here.

-probably gonna get screwed
    Post edited by Thanks Pete on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    Why
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    ^To get  refund for all the tix he is over-buying/new leap frog-fan2fan game?
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080
     Just in case I win the lottery and make the shows does anyone know a "guy" with connections that can get me the proper paperwork to meet every bank's requirement to open an account?

-probably gonna get screwed
    I don’t know if it can be done this year, but last year the international travelers were able to get a check. Granted, they had to wait a few months for it, but that option was available. 
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    edited February 15
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 126
    I use Revolut. I think that is available in the US. It is a top up card and you can have accounts from different currencies. I used that one for 2020 tickets refund as I didn't have a us bank account.
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
    Why
    - For fans who can’t use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange for every city beginning at a later date. You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. Tickets identified for sale above face value on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation. For more info on Ticketmaster’s Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange click here.
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    At least the German Ticketmaster site does not mention any restriction about the bank account country

https://www.ticketmaster.de/feature/resale-tickets/?language=en-us

I guess it is different from country to country. And also FWIW (I know they are not playing there) I sold tickets successfully on the Danish Ticketmaster last summer and got paid successfully to Finnish bank account
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • You might be able to open a Wise account, then you can have both
    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    If you get a Wise card, you can get a virtual accounts in multiple currencies and get money transferred. That might work for you?
  • It was 2018 so things may have changed, but I sold tickets for a rescheduled Foo Fighters show in Calgary that I couldn't go back for through whatever resale system Ticketmaster was using back then with no problems. It came back to me in CAD funds, but I was able to just transfer it into my US bank account.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 15
    Any Americans used wise to set up a foreign account? Have mostly heard of people using it to set up US accounts, but assume there's no reason it wouldn't work in reverse 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    hadrielia said:
    I use Revolut. I think that is available in the US. It is a top up card and you can have accounts from different currencies. I used that one for 2020 tickets refund as I didn't have a us bank account.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately after chatting with that company said they wouldn't be able to send money to my account,
     unless the event is in the United States.
    SHZA said:
    Any Americans used wise to set up a foreign account? Have mostly heard of people using it to set up US accounts, but assume there's no reason it wouldn't work in reverse 
    I used WISE (Revolt doesn't work if you're from the US). It took some time but I was able to get all the proper account information needed for every foreign country, except Germany. 

Since Germany uses the euro and WISE is headquartered in Belgium, I could only get banking account numbers for Belgium. Hopefully, it won't matter. 
    edited February 16
    mrk2 said:
    At least the German Ticketmaster site does not mention any restriction about the bank account country

https://www.ticketmaster.de/feature/resale-tickets/?language=en-us

I guess it is different from country to country. And also FWIW (I know they are not playing there) I sold tickets successfully on the Danish Ticketmaster last summer and got paid successfully to Finnish bank account
    I called the Ticketmaster Resale number and the representative was very sure about the international resale rules. She confirmed the PJ Fanclub Presale rule:You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. 

Regarding Europe...I even asked if a German citizen could sell a Barcelona concert ticket on the TM Face Value Exchange and she said only if the seller had a bank account in Spain. But then I saw this on Germany's TM site:

https://help.ticketmaster.de/hc/en-us/articles/12216059633425-Resale-Selling-tickets

Basically, if you live in Europe or Great Britain and your country is supportetd by the payment provider AYDEN you're safe. If you live anywhere else you have to use a service like WISE, but you still need a billing address in the country where the event is taking place. Right now, I'm not gonna. worry about any of this until I win the lottery.

What really sucks is that she said the only way you could sell it if you're not in the country of the event is to go online and sell it to a 3rd party ticket broker. And a10th club member would have to sell it for face value according to the Ten Club rules, but then the ticket broker could sell it for any price they want.
    Post edited by Thanks Pete on
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Is it possible to sell a 160 GBP Ten Club ticket for Manchester in the official Ticketmaster resale for less, by that I mean a freely selectable amount below the original price or am I forced to sell the ticket for exactly the same price? Your answer to this question would be very important and urgent to me. Thank you very much.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    Zen23 said:
    Is it possible to sell a 160 GBP Ten Club ticket for Manchester in the official Ticketmaster resale for less, by that I mean a freely selectable amount below the original price or am I forced to sell the ticket for exactly the same price? Your answer to this question would be very important and urgent to me. Thank you very much.
    No
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Why is that? Is it because they are Ten Club tickets? In its general information, Ticketmaster UK always says the following:

"You're in control. Set your price and see exactly how much you'll be paid when your tickets sell."

"Follow the prompts, choose your pricing and enter a payout method."

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/sell

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360003060157-How-do-I-sell-tickets