Dark Matter release date RSD Spring 2024

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    There's nothing in either of the citations that say anything about Record Store Day so I'm still gonna go with "we'll see what they say Tuesday"
  • incognitonyincognitony Posts: 149
    Isn't there a vaccination now for RSD?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Yes but you need a booster twice a year
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    So the day after Swifts album?  Might want bump that up a few weeks/months
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    bootleg said:

Got enough time to save up and buy both.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    drfox said:
    Wasn’t there rumours it would be released on 5th April and linked to the eclipse. If so the Vampire Weekend have already stolen a march and used this idea first 
    That rumor originated with me and had to do with the fact that I was told last June that the title Eclipse was under consideration, with the band possibly doing an event in connection with the April 8 total eclipse. But the album doesn't seem to be titled that, so I don't think there's any reason to speculate about this specific date anymore.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Taylor may help, more foot traffic… her fans may say, hey look it’s Pedro Pascals band, he’s a fan… buy his record too 
    edited February 9
    We don't know that Taylor doesn't guest on Dark Matter and vice versa.

Regardless, if this is how it plays out with the release date, it needs to be turned into a Barbenheimer situation. Lemons/lemonade.
  • God bless wikipedia.
    “Wikipedia is the best thing ever.Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject so you know you are getting the best possible information.”
    - Michael Scott
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Yes but you need a booster twice a year
    Haha. Yep, the follow-up booster isn't quite as comprehensive as the initial one.
  • Clindsey80Clindsey80 Posts: 13
    edited February 9
    CROJAM95 said:
    Taylor may help, more foot traffic… her fans may say, hey look it’s Pedro Pascals band, he’s a fan… buy his record too 
    😂
    Post edited by Clindsey80 on
  • tschav said:
    Highly doubt the album release (vinyl/streaming/etc) would be on a Saturday, but if so I'm ready for an amazing birthday.
    My birthday as well:) PJ album would be the best gift on my birthday. Regardless, I’ll be spending it at The Hollywood Bowl with Primus and Maynard!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    I’ll be surprised if RSD is the release date, I would think this will just be a variant.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,613
    edited February 10
    It will be out the day before on black but there will probably be an RSD variant. 

At the very least, it’s nice to see a massive artist put out a new release available for that weekend. This is what RSD needs to be, not just exclusive 7”s that people don’t need, but a day where new albums just drop. PJ and TS will make for a fun day, store exclusive pressings or not. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    pjl44 said:

Regardless, if this is how it plays out with the release date, it needs to be turned into a Barbenheimer situation. Lemons/lemonade.
    Her tracklist came out and they're not mentioned 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    pjl44 said:

Well so much for that. Still advocating for Barbenheimer.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I believe this date is real because of the source(s). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    I believe this date is real because of the source(s). 
    What source? If you click and read the two articles referenced for that paragraph neither article mentions a release date. Am I missing something?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I hope there's a theater experience we were robbed of in 2020
    I miss igotid88
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    igotid88 said:
    I hope there's a theater experience we were robbed of in 2020
    This x 1,000
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    pjl44 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjl44 said:

If there's any way to actually pull such a thing off, it would be an unbelievable boon for Pearl Jam. But what would the portmanteau be? Dark Poets Department?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Records come out on Fridays. 19.04 is Friday
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjl44 said:

If there's any way to actually pull such a thing off, it would be an unbelievable boon for Pearl Jam. But what would the portmanteau be? Dark Poets Department?
    Troubled Poets Unite 
  • edited February 10
    The release date is April but here’s the rsd list and no pj. Possible it could get added

https://recordstoreday.com/Genre/694713
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    bootleg said:

Does it really make a difference?  I think PJ albums just sell to the core audience at this point.  I'm not sure they reach the masses or very casual listeners anymore.  The people that buy PJ records are still going to buy PJ records, they people that don't, won't.

I suppose the only really big impact is that if you have a core audience and you release it at a time there's not much else coming out, you can often score a #1 album for your first week.
    It strikes me as entirely possible. Practically what's the difference in it being a day later for the sake of a little ceremony?
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    The release date is April but here’s the rsd list and no pj. Possible it could get added

https://recordstoreday.com/Genre/694713
    The record store day list isn’t out yet.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    It could be both.  Variant only available on RSD, but with other more widespread editions?
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    I think chilli peppers did rsd variants didn’t they ?
This discussion has been closed.