Pearl Jam Groundworks 2001 HD Master

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
edited February 3 in The Porch

Comments

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    Nice find, thanks for sharing!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Holy shit!  Where did this come from?  I went to this show.  It had the spoonman, alanis, pj!!!   REM struggle quite a bit because people left in droves after PJ.  Awesome to revisit this.  I remember the crowed being collectively bummed PJ only played for 45 minutes.  45 minutes is just a tease :)
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    Wow, the quality is amazing! Thanks for sharing. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 3
    Nice! That looks great.

LIKE LOOKING AT A COLOURED PHOTOGRAPH FROM THE SECOND WORLD WAR AFTER BEING USED TO TOURING BAND

(has Pearl Jam removed the badly blown up interlace-riddled Imagine in Cornice clips from their official channel? Didn't find them anymore. Are we looking at an official HD release of some kind coming up?)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Zod said:
    Holy shit!  Where did this come from?  I went to this show.  It had the spoonman, alanis, pj!!!   REM struggle quite a bit because people left in droves after PJ.  Awesome to revisit this.  I remember the crowed being collectively bummed PJ only played for 45 minutes.  45 minutes is just a tease :)
    Those who stayed got rewarded when Ed joined REM for Its The End Of The World As We Know It. I was hoping it might be on this, but no. Seems like SO long ago!
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Love the telecaster eds playing 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    Thanks!
  • Wow. What a way to start my day. Insignificance was significantly amazing. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

Zod said:
    Those who stayed got rewarded when Ed joined REM for Its The End Of The World As We Know It. I was hoping it might be on this, but no. Seems like SO long ago!

We stayed until the end.  Maybe the poster has more of the sets.  The REM, Alanis, and Spoonman sets would be cool to see :)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Damn, that’s AWESOME! The ending is pure magic. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Sweet. I had a photo pass for this show. My friend managed to get us press access as he was writing for a Finnish music magazine occasionally and we managed to find the right people to call. However, we did not manage to sell our extra tickets - absolutely no takers outside the venue.

I was in the photo pit on Stone's side for the first three songs, and the outro of Long Road. We knew the duet was happening and were allowed to take photos for one minute. Also had similar access for the other sets. Good times. I think I can see my head at one point in the video. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,867
    I was there. Great show but short. REM was the headliner 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    That was awesome!  Who would put rem first?! lol. Ed is playing a 1970s tele, very very cool.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    If I remember correctly, it was Pearl Jam's choice to not headline over REM.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    What a lineup. Lucky if you were there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    blocked doh!
    hrd2imgn said:
    blocked doh!
    Got this screen?

Just click the Watch on YouTube url. Should work.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    hrd2imgn said:
    blocked doh!
    You can't watch the embedded Just watch it on the YouTube app or the website 
    I miss igotid88
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    WOW. That was awesome!! Thank you for sharing!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,550
    That Long Road with Rahat and Ed was such a beautiful moment. Context: This was just a month after 9/11.

I originally had fourth row seats for this show but Ticketmaster decided to cancel my order because another person with my same first and last name also bought tickets for the show and apparently his and my order combined went over the ticket limit. I was so disappointed. Ticketmaster customer service did their best to make it up to me. They hooked me up with some pretty sweet seats for the Bridge School Benefit, but they could only give me an upper level seat in the back for Groundwork.

I remember being so tired for this show after attending both days of Bridge. I had flown up for the two Key Arena shows to end the 2000 tour and we landed at SeaTac from south to north. I had a mini panic attack when I flew up for this Groundwork show and we headed toward downtown Seattle before turning around and landing from north to south. Apparently, they had changed the landing pattern.

I tried to stay for as long as I could despite how tired I was. I was literally headed for the exit when R.E.M. brought Ed out for ITEOTWAWKI. I stayed for that and then I bailed.

It was an insane lineup. Besides Artis the Spoon Man and Alanis, Femi Kuti and Mana were also on the bill. It was a long night of music. Femi Kuti's set was so loud!
    mrk2 said:
    If I remember correctly, it was Pearl Jam's choice to not headline over REM.

I only found that out later.  At the time, we're like, why would R.E.M. choose to play after PJ in their home town?

It was a crazy experience watching so much of the audience leave between PJ and R.E.M.'s set, and then even more people leaving as R.E.M. played.  I will say, it didn't help that they only played a couple of hits.   I didn't know most of the newer music they were playing, so I figure if they had played a set designed for a more casual audience, it might have kept more people from leaving (at least while they were playing).

I thought Alanis and Artis the Spoonman did amazing jobs.   Just last last bit, with having PJ and REM in the wrong order.   45 minutes of PJ also isn't enough.  I think peoples appetites weren't even wetted let alone satiated. 

We do wonder if is worth the trip to see the show, especially after the 3 hour barn burner in Seattle the previous year, but I suppose it was.  That was the only time I got a chance to see R.E.M. :(
    Strange. This killer HD video comes out now & Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is in the news for this ..

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    demetrios said:
    Strange. This killer HD video comes out now & Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is in the news for this ..

I think that is probably a remarkable coincidence unless Barry Steelman is a weird front for Rahat.  He released about 4 videos from the event.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

I still can't believe it's in HD.   This must of been in the very infancy in the format.  I think I got my first HD TV around 2007.  HD had been out for a few years but it was still pretty new, and there wasn't alot to watch in HD quality.

I didn't think anything from 2001 was filmed in HD, so this was an amazing surprise.

Hopefully the poster puts the raw video somewhere to watch one day (and maybe a few of the other sets from Groundwork).
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    how much of the audience left after pj? are we talking half?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Zod said:
    I still can't believe it's in HD.   This must of been in the very infancy in the format.  I think I got my first HD TV around 2007.  HD had been out for a few years but it was still pretty new, and there wasn't alot to watch in HD quality.

I didn't think anything from 2001 was filmed in HD, so this was an amazing surprise.

Hopefully the poster puts the raw video somewhere to watch one day (and maybe a few of the other sets from Groundwork).
    Wasn't HD talked about in the 90s or something?
    I miss igotid88
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Short-haired Eddie always make me do a double take. 
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:

The first HD quality film was shot in 1987, the first commercial players with HD and consumer cameras came about in 2006.  Attack of the clones was produced in 4K in 2002.  Bottom line this was probably shot with a very high quality professional camera that was either HD or just extremely high end widescreen. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,550
    edited February 5
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:

Roger Ebert was writing about it as early as 1988.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 5
    Zod said:

HD video has existed long before that. This is 91/92:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmk0AVNRBIY

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"