Options

What are your “no budget” shows?

13»

Comments

• Options
    72 shows saw the band.. 71 abroad only 1 in Greece
    Means ill travel every where 
    If all goes as a plan this year ill tick couple of New continents.
    And there im. Heading this year. 
    Assuming you have been to shows in Europe and North America… what do you mean by a “couple” of continents?  Australia is one, but a couple implies more than one….
    We all know Dimi has been to South America/North America/Europe. Australia will be new and....
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Definitely Pearl Jam.  Anywhere.  Anytime.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    A PJ20 type festival in Vegas. I wouldn't miss that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    We have already had ours. Hyde Park 2022. We combined the shows in London with the celebration of our 30th anniversary. We spent 5 days in London and 5 days in Paris. In England we visited Windsor Palace, London Tower, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square(where a pro choice rally took over the stairs opposite the fountain) Stonehenge/Bath and the Eye. In France we visited Versailles, the outside of Notre Dame (it was still being repaired from the fire), the Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, the Louvre grounds (the wait to get into the museum was over 2 hours, so we decided to stroll the Seine instead) a dinner cruise on the Seine and a day trip to Normandy. It was amazing. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    Not a huge budget needed for me to go from Worcester, MA to NYC (especially since I'd stay with my friend), but in all of my shows, have never seen them at MSG. I'd certainly be willing to pay a tiny more for a couple of tickets.
    Shout-out to Worcester. (I went to college there.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    Still paying off medical bills from this last year, so there is no such thing as a no-budget show for me. 

My previous ones were:
    PJ20 
    Wrigley 13 and 18
    Toronto 2009

All where 10c tickets, but the cost of hotels, flights, food, etc makes it a very expensive show.
    Only reason I did the Toronto show is I remember they only announced a Chicago and Toronto show first. Chicago was the week school started so that was out. I thought if I didn't go to Toronto, I wouldn't see them at all. Shortly after booking everything they announced the much larger tour and I saw them 5 more times with the longest being a 2 hour drive and crashing at a friends house. 
  • Options
    DT6012DT6012 Posts: 226
    Assuming you have been to shows in Europe and North America… what do you mean by a “couple” of continents?  Australia is one, but a couple implies more than one….
    We all know Dimi has been to South America/North America/Europe. Australia will be new and....
    ASIA?!? Japan!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,649
    DT6012 said:
    ASIA?!? Japan!
    Japan certainly seems to be the most wanted show if the band ever goes back to Asia
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 274
    Asia ?! Or/and Africa ?! 
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,177
    Maybe he just means NZ
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,402
    DT6012 said:
    ASIA?!? Japan!
    Japan certainly seems to be the most wanted show if the band ever goes back to Asia
    South Africa? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    Maybe he just means NZ
    Both are part of Oceania.
  • Options
    smagnus1smagnus1 Atlanta Posts: 44
    So last year I moved PJ to my bucket list since I had not seen them since 94. Wife got selected for Austin N1 and hate to say but already eyeing sites this year. Would love to get a 2 night show this year somewhere but MSG or Vegas is looking real nice. New Orleans would be a really nice fun trip and hey just in case people forgot ATLANTA would be a great place for a few nights
  • Options
    drfox said:
    In terms of European venues:
    A Roman amphitheatre like Verona in Italy or Pula in Croatia
    Royal Albert Hall in London

And would also like to see them in countries they haven’t played at for years or ever eg
    Wales
    Scotland
    Croatia
    Slovenia
    Finland

Talking of RAH, it is kind of wild they never played Teenage Cancer Trust. I know EV has been there a few times (and will be this year), but cmon boys, a gig would have been one for the ages.
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,177
    Maybe he just means NZ
    Yes I know that but still could be what he meant, we will find out soon 
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 261
    Maine
    New Hampshire
    Finland
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,363
    LC said:
    Maine
    New Hampshire
    Finland

+1 to all 3 for me too.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    If they do another show in Asia? It'd be a good reason for me to make it out that way. New York would be nice without missing school days.
  • Options
    To the person who said a show with 500 or less: I’ve pondered this, and this is the #1 answer. Even if it was the Beacon or the Ryman with 3000-4000 people, that show would be no budget I’m getting in. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    Maybe he just means NZ
    Is that the realm of Aquaman?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    To the person who said a show with 500 or less: I’ve pondered this, and this is the #1 answer. Even if it was the Beacon or the Ryman with 3000-4000 people, that show would be no budget I’m getting in. 
    I’ll take my bow. Thank you 
  • Options
    I’ll take my bow. Thank you 
    And I agree, even a slighter larger venue like Beacon, Ryman, or I was thinking of my personal experience of smallest venue seeing them which was Borgata in AC. The memories from that show are so vivid and visceral.  
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,334
    Sadly, I think the days of “no budget” shows are probably behind me. I’ve travelled from Wales to Australia, from London to New York, and from Sydney to Chicago to see them in years gone by, but that was in the days before family.

Now that we’re settled in Sydney - and it’s been TEN LONG YEARS since they last played here - it’s been way too long between shows. Until that time, I’ll happily live vicariously through everyone else’s travel tales.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 42
    Old Roman venues like Pula Arena in Croatia, or the place Ed played in Taormina in Sicily.

Thailand, maybe Costa Rica to combine with vacations.

Probably Scotland because I think the crowd would be great 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304
    BF25394 said:
    Maybe he just means NZ
    Is that the realm of Aquaman?

This weekend we rock Portland