Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,307
    Loujoe said:
    If I remember, dude who was there said it was just ev.
    It was only Ed in 2020..he was pouring tequila shots. 
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    dwjmu84 said:
    Snippet of new single from last night’s KC/MIA game?

https://s84.123apps.com/aconv/d/s84d1wxxHKRGHWoB2_mov_ZvPITRcH.mp3
    A friend sent that to me as well. If that's wrecker, it's gotta be out in the next week or so
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 251
    The art is interesting. Block letters like their first album. A nod to the feeling of Ten? A throwback sound?  
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 42
    Absolute bedlam. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    It's Steelers Nation black and gold!!  =)
    The track list for the album is just 12 different cover versions of Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 307
    tschav said:
    Sounds like a February 2 release date is on its way…
    Gigaton’s listening party was two months before the release date. April 5th could be the date…
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,626
    ontheroad said:
    The art is interesting. Block letters like their first album. A nod to the feeling of Ten? A throwback sound?  
    Their go to default. Just look at this website.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    Hadn’t seen that art before, is Eclipse a possible name for the album?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    MKSNYC said:
    Definitely support the Pink Floyd nod.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    MKSNYC said:
    That would make sense why there would be a Buffalo connection. On April 8th there is a total solar eclipse happening and Buffalo is on the path.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Ok, I was just watching the Clippers T-Wolves game and they played to same music clip going to commercial at the beginning of half time.   

Game is on TSN in Canada and the feed is Bally sports Minnesota.   I will try to upload a link.  

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    D-Rod said:
    Ok, I was just watching the Clippers T-Wolves game and they played to same music clip going to commercial at the beginning of half time.   

Game is on TSN in Canada and the feed is Bally sports Minnesota.   I will try to upload a link.  

Do it 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,958
    bazfromoz said:
    The album will be out next month. Or soon thereafter. Remember in November Matt said it was all done, mixed mastered and ready to go. So no reason to think it would be any longer 

Excellent!  =)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,525
    edited January 16
    I think April

single by early February 

tour in May
  • Options
    I'm still going with April 5.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think April

single by early February 

tour in May

That sounds good.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Hopefully they send out email/text invites to locals.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,974
    It says "Save the date", so maybe some lucky people will be able to get on the list. Tempted to write my connection, but too much to fly or drive down just to hear a couple songs. Exciting, though!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,559
    edited January 16
    It says "Save the date", so maybe some lucky people will be able to get on the list. Tempted to write my connection, but too much to fly or drive down just to hear a couple songs. Exciting, though!
    Pretty sure the whole album will be played 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Yep, and I'm guessing @ Sonos Studios in Hollywood.

• Options
    Maybe it's happening over @ https://troubadour.com/calendar/

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,383
    demetrios said:

Might be. I’ll be there Sunday night and I’ll ask around. Probably won’t get anywhere but I’ll try. 
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

The Sonos Studio where they had the listening parties for Lightning Bolt in 2013 no longer exists. In 2020, the industry listening party for Gigaton where EV was present was at Neuehouse, a block over from the Hollywood Palladium.
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    demetrios said:

Good catch. Classic venue. The night before is booked private also. It would be cool if they had a fan club show/listening party before the press event…

How was it determined that this was a west coast event? I remember reading it but can’t remember lol
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Good catch. Classic venue. The night before is booked private also. It would be cool if they had a fan club show/listening party before the press event…

How was it determined that this was a west coast event? I remember reading it but can’t remember lol
    This has already been discussed in another thread. Originally, the calendar showed private events on January 28, 29 and 30. Then the School of Rock event was shown as being from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on January 29 with nothing on January 28. Now the School of Rock is showing as on January 28.

So I'm not quite sure what to make of all of that.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

The Sonos Studio where they had the listening parties for Lightning Bolt in 2013 no longer exists. In 2020, the industry listening party for Gigaton where EV was present was at Neuehouse, a block over from the Hollywood Palladium.

Ah. Neuehouse's Studio A room looks very beautiful.

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,528
    Was this facebook post a deepfake?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    Was this facebook post a deepfake?
    Norton Genie...app helps to tell you if text, ads, photos are fake 
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    Gigaton timeline:
    1/13/20 = tour announcement and album announcement video on social medias,
    1/25/20 = private listening party
    3/18/20 = (original) first date of tour, i.e. 8 weeks after tour announcement
    3/27/20 = album release date

if the 8 week gap holds, and early May is right, we have another month to go :(
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 581
    Should we have heard more about this since its only a week away?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008